As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    So after a bunch of trial and error on this DV, I have found out that:

2 Units doing triple CWA chains
    2 Units doing an SR chain
    1 Unit doing a Flood ability
    1 Unit doing a 1-or more hit finisher attack

Will result in an exactly 100-hit chain. Get fucked AR frames.
    The SR/Flood thing was a nice find because you can get a Flood ability from Leviathan/Black Dragon and you can make anyone an SR-chainer by using the new Gusty Wind materia from the chocobo trial.
    So two mages of the right doing their thing and one SR chainer, like MM Xon (sorry not sorry), and you can get away from having to bring an AR duo or using Fid/Regis for the AR ability granting.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Ok. I think I missed something in the new Story 3 chapter. I thought we were supposed to be able to awaken Blue Mage Fina to 7*. It's only showing my omniprism when I try to awaken her. I have not checked the short story events tab yet. Maybe it's in there.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    BM Fina awakening is through the Short Stories tab. I haven't done it yet, but I did see it there.

I've got my WH Reagan up for the Veritas trial. I just set him up, so depending on how the game feels, it may take a bit to update.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Ok. I think I missed something in the new Story 3 chapter. I thought we were supposed to be able to awaken Blue Mage Fina to 7*. It's only showing my omniprism when I try to awaken her. I have not checked the short story events tab yet. Maybe it's in there.

Yeah there's a seperate short story mission in the Short Stories now. You get her prism at the end of that. As well as like 1000 lapis or something, because it's 100 lapis per stage and it's fairly long.

• Options
    If anyone has Rico, could you set him up for the Veritas trial please? I'd like to take him for a spin. Pure epeen with human killer is fine.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Looks like Vault of Treasures is giving an extra nice chunk of Gil. If you bring a Gil doubler (Xon or Luck Junction materia), you will walk away with 800k every time,

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Veritas fight down. Longest fight was Fire and Water as I didn't bring anyone with dualcast and Dispelga to clear fire imbue off. I just killed off Water and waited for the the imbue to clear and then killed Fire with ice chain. 4 turn clear on last phase, plenty of time left.

-CG Charlotte loaded with resists to tank magic
    -Rena for healing and damage resist (enhanced Rena is so good)
    -Sylvie for buffs and provoke evade tanking
    -Kimahri for two stack mirage
    -WH Reagan with max human killer. Dude rips things tp shreds.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Veritas OBAMA'd. Only fight that gave me a little trouble was the one with Earth Veritas and only because I didn't care to clear his defensive buffs/cover and just brute forced him down before killing Ice Veritas. I never ran into the Fire Veritas imbue, which was nice. Wish I could have found a WH Raegen friend with more than 50% human killer but eh, still went pretty fast with 2xRaegen and AC Cloud.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Cruor wrote: »
    Veritas OBAMA'd. Only fight that gave me a little trouble was the one with Earth Veritas and only because I didn't care to clear his defensive buffs/cover and just brute forced him down before killing Ice Veritas. I never ran into the Fire Veritas imbue, which was nice. Wish I could have found a WH Raegen friend with more than 50% human killer but eh, still went pretty fast with 2xRaegen and AC Cloud.

Mine was set with max human killer this morning, but it seems like FFBE just updates companions really slow.

Zomro on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Zomro wrote: »

Mine was set with max human killer this morning, but it seems like FFBE just updates companions really slow.

Yeah, I reset a couple of times looking for yours but he never popped up. Ah well, that's just how it goes.

Edit: The weirdest thing was that almost every WH Raegen in my friendlist has stacked dragon killers for materia. What even was the last difficult dragon enemy? Tiamat? Shinryu? Why are they built that way? Why are so many of them built that way :(

Cruor on
  • Options
    Took down Dark Alexander. Final rank is 675. I might have to go back and tweak some damage scores to stay sub 1k.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Took down Dark Alexander. Final rank is 675. I might have to go back and tweak some damage scores to stay sub 1k.

When exactly does DV end now? I'll wait until the last minute before trying to increase my scores.

• Options
  • Options
    Started getting ready to clean up some scores in DV, but...the rewards difference between the 500-1000 and 1000-2000 tiers (50 dark matter and one 70% blue ticket) aren't worth the hassle.

In other news, been having some good luck in IW. Got the rare on Darklord, Locke's Dagger, and Medical Staff. Now alternating between NGJake's STMR and Sleep Blade, which is a great tank weapon and will be fantastic for any DEF scaling damage dealer we may get.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Killing Alexander must be a pretty major obstacle this round. Just killing him landed me around 7500, which is good enough for me.

• Options
    Got the rare+unique and 7% HP on Sleep Blade. So, 52% HP, 25% DEF, 45% ATK on a sword is pretty nice.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    FYI you can’t use tickets for the wotv box summon after emptying box 3

I skipped some of the stuff early on to try it and it just says nothing left to summon. The banner goes dark and says “already summoned” in the list after box 3 as well.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    My daily new era ticket got me CP Noctis #4. Ran that through and got a rare.

Mustered enough energy today to tackle DV. Sitting at 4.5k right now, which is fine with me for not using an emulator for good chains.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So, uh, where do you use these DX Summon tickets? I'm not seeing anywhere to use them.

Also, my second week era tickets resulted in one Edel. And that's it. One of the tickets was literally all blues. Seriously, how are these tickets any kind of "reward".

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, uh, where do you use these DX Summon tickets? I'm not seeing anywhere to use them.

Also, my second week era tickets resulted in one Edel. And that's it. One of the tickets was literally all blues. Seriously, how are these tickets any kind of "reward".

It's on the Time Limited banner tab. I can't remember what it's called now but it's got a blue background. It's like 4th or 5th down after all the next era banners, I think right below the raid coin one?

Anyway, my NE II tickets were pretty decent. Single rainbows on 3 of them; all new units.

DS Sol
    Vanille
    HA Charlotte

• Options
    I do wish the Next Era banners had better 5* rates, it is a shame to see all blue crystals on one of them.

With four of them, I got one 5*. Diabolos Sol #3, so I almost have his STMR at least.

• Options
    One rainbow in the tickets, AC Tifa#1. Meh.

I really wish that Gumi would just tell us what the rest of the anniversary stuff is going to be. I'm about 90% convinced they don't know what it'll be themselves.

• Options
    My Next Era II tickets got me one 5*. It was HA Charlotte #1. I agree that they rainbow rate should have been increased to 7% or 10%. I think we have a higher rainbow rate banner for the 3rd anniversary, right?

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Next era got me DDVanille #2 and RikkuX-2 #1 (didn’t know she was in the pool)

Vanille and Rikku are basically equivalent right?

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    By the way, recommendations for the equipment tickets?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    maraji wrote: »
    Next era got me DDVanille #2 and RikkuX-2 #1 (didn’t know she was in the pool)

Vanille and Rikku are basically equivalent right?

Different elements but yeah, otherwise their claim to fame is AoE imbues and big breaks. Earth for Vanille and Lightning for Rikku.
    Rikku can do mirage but Vanille can do some CWA chaining. Oh, Vanille also imperils earth; Rikku has no imperils.

• Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBEblog/comments/hlccfd/my_picks_for_the_equipment_exchange_event/

Good rundown of worthwhile equipment from Sinzar.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Struck out on the NE2 tickets.

• Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBEblog/comments/hlccfd/my_picks_for_the_equipment_exchange_event/

Good rundown of worthwhile equipment from Sinzar.
    I actually don't agree with most of his recommendations. I would prioritize the elemental resist more than the elemental weapon choices. The draw attacks and evasion gear is good if you are lacking those things. I might pick a couple of them, but the rest will be to grab gear where I am low on certain elemental resists.

• Options
    Yeah, I also agree that some of the elemental resist gear is more important than, say, the wand/2h katana that give chaining families. Elemental wands, however, are a pretty big deal when we get more and more physical attacks that do magic damage units, but even then, you can bring an imbuer.

• Options
    4 tickets down. No MMXon but can’t complain, got really lucky with: 2 DD Vanille’s, 2 Black Mage Vivi’s, and Noel #1.

DDV had moogles so that’s a free tmr. Might get Noels. Spears aren’t used much and i have a 77 atk water one.

• Options
    When does the Era 3 start? Wondering if i’ll get to pull again before deciding on the bundle.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    When does the Era 3 start? Wondering if i’ll get to pull again before deciding on the bundle.

Monday, I assume.

Are we taking bets on what the news tomorrow will be? I'd put good money on FFT0, but maybe they'll pull a fast one on us and give us the Trials of Mana MK. Beyond those two...FFXII would be the next one, but I highly doubt we'd be getting Vaan so soon.

• Options
    FFT0 it is! Winner! @Cruor

• Options
    Whelp, there goes all my lapis. Magic users + Bolting Strike chains? Gotta pull. I had Sylvie grant BS chains to other magic users in DV just so I could chain on my phone.

• Options
    It's gonna tank my Mog King currency that I could get, but I'm going to wait the full two weeks to summon for this one. The second UoC is next week, and there's another Mog King in two weeks (based on the 2nd 5* ticket announced as being on the 23rd). Either of those could be GL Exclusive units... the next mog king could also be Vaan. Either/or means 2 possibly 3 banners in a row that might be big summons. Lapis must be judiciously used if that's the case; going to need all the knowledge I can possibly get.

• Options
    Yeah, since we seem to be following the JP schedule pretty closely right now, the next MK should be FFXII unless they throw in something like Trials of Mana. Vaan is pretty much THE unit, still standard on every team for every trial in JP...but I'm still probably not going to use Lapis to pull for him. I want those goddamn Unit Design Contest units.

• Options
    When the second week FFT0 exploration happens, don't miss out on the Super Ribbon:
    Accessory
    DEF/SPR +10
    100% ALL ailments resist
    100 Stop/Charm resist

• Options
    I keep pulling Beryls. My 10+1 ticket today gave me Beryl #9. At least Beryl has a solid TMR, I guess.

• Options
    I've been sitting on three Beryl for a pretty long time, same with Circe. Oddly enough, I have never pulled Myra.

I wonder if those units will get enhancements/latents when the new Unit Design units come out. I know they already got reworks, but Reberta is precedent for reworked units getting latents at the very least. I'd like to see Malphasie and Circe be good again, and I'd like it if Beryl got at least some time to shine.