Penny Arcade - Comic - XXX-Wing

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 15 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - XXX-Wing

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on
Andy JoeAldoKoopahTroopahZilla360TofystedethThawmusNightslyrH3KnucklesCommander ZoomV1mQuidKamarA Dabble Of TheloniusfightinfilipinocB557ani_game_bumBobble

Posts

  • UrazzUrazz Registered User new member
    Yeah, I always wanted to play an astromech droid and whore my way around and insert my data probe into all the computers and protocol droids I can. I will definitely be a bit astromech whore like my idol R2D2. :biggrin:

    H3Knuckles
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    You know, every now and then, these guys really hit the bullseye with a comic.

    It's incredible how much people hate developers and publishers because they didn't include the features that some Reddit post or YouTuber said were definitely going to be part of the game because they completely made something up based on a screenshot or piece of concept art.

    ironzerg on


    PreacherZilla360Commander ZoomDjiemMoridin889cB557Bobble
  • PeriSoftPeriSoft Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    There a car-guy version of this, where a manufacturer is going to be making a new version of Whatever Car. A car site will post some renders of what a *random guy on the internet* -imagines- that car might look like, and then everyone becomes enraged at the manufacturer for screwing it up because the imaginary third-party render lacks some styling feature they associate with the marque. It's truly mystifying.

    PeriSoft on
    PreachermRahmani
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    There's a trailer now. Looks to be 98% in-game cinematic footage. :)

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Noone is a very influential person. If he wants to fly ships, that's what we'll get, and no one can stop him.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    H3Knuckles
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited June 15
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    ironzerg on


  • MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    Time to get incredibly angry.

  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    Time to get incredibly angry.

    How dare they cut out the match 3 puzzle elements I was promised :x

  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    Time to get incredibly angry.

    How dare they cut out the match 3 puzzle elements I was promised :x

    See? This is the problem. You match 3 fuckers come in, and they lose focus on the deck building and card drafting elements clearly present in the pre-launch trailer.



  • Jgr9Jgr9 Registered User regular
    And Noone knew why.

  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    The title isn't Star Wars: Just One Ship At A Time. 5*2 or so players was a given, and 10 player PvE would probably be unwieldy.

  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    edited June 16
    jothki wrote: »
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    The title isn't Star Wars: Just One Ship At A Time. 5*2 or so players was a given, and 10 player PvE would probably be unwieldy.

    For 10 player PvE, just think of one of those dogfight stages in Star Fox 64, only it's Star Wars and you have one extra wing mate. ;)

    MarcinMN on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    In what way? I’m reminded of a Star Trek game I heard about, where like 5 people player on a team, each person controlling one part of the ship. And one person was the Captain, whose only control was being able to view the main screen and give info and orders to the rest of the team.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • McFodderMcFodder 'SploringRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    In what way? I’m reminded of a Star Trek game I heard about, where like 5 people player on a team, each person controlling one part of the ship. And one person was the Captain, whose only control was being able to view the main screen and give info and orders to the rest of the team.

    From the info so far there's a dogfight mode (shoot the other guys more than they shoot you) or a mission to destroy the opposing capital ship before they get yours.

    Full VR support for the whole game has me pretty damn interested too.

    I'd say the Star Trek game you're thinking of is Star Trek: Bridge Crew, which also sounds pretty fun but in a very different way.

    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / NNID: Fodder185
    Tofystedeth
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Oh. Shit. So it's a 5v5 PvP game. :bigfrown:

    In what way? I’m reminded of a Star Trek game I heard about, where like 5 people player on a team, each person controlling one part of the ship. And one person was the Captain, whose only control was being able to view the main screen and give info and orders to the rest of the team.

    From the info so far there's a dogfight mode (shoot the other guys more than they shoot you) or a mission to destroy the opposing capital ship before they get yours.

    Full VR support for the whole game has me pretty damn interested too.

    I'd say the Star Trek game you're thinking of is Star Trek: Bridge Crew, which also sounds pretty fun but in a very different way.

    And there is also Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator. It's not officially Star Trek, but it's sure meant to emulate it. It has the "Captain has no actual controls, only subordinates" thing.

    Tofystedeth
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    this'd be 100% more meme-able as a comic with just the first two panels. I know the three panel setup is basically law at this stage, but that third panel is really extraneous, imo.

Sign In or Register to comment.