As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day the Music Died - Act I: Rock Rebellion - A [Phalla] - It's Over!

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    The Maneater was the last one standing. All of her co-conspirators had fallen, well short of achieving their goal. The Stewards had all been eliminated, and the hope had been that without their leadership the Houses would be left rudderless, and inevitably fall into disarray. And perhaps that would still happen, some day. But in the immediate aftermath of the elimination of the last Steward, the Houses seemed more unified than ever. Rather than turn to infighting, they became more determined than ever to eliminate the threat from within.

But the Maneater was not one to give up so easily. The original plan may have failed, but as long as she stayed alive, she could still find a way to bring the Houses to the brink of destruction. So she set about her new mission. She reached out to the other remaining Partisans, and spurred them to action. Now was the time for them to make their move. With the Stewards gone, there was no one to stop the spread of their propaganda, and convince others to join their side. The Partisans, for their part, realized the truth of the Maneater’s words, and they set about trying to ensure that each of their Houses emerged from the turmoil on top.

Unfortunately for the Maneater, she had put her plan into action far too late. Too many remained fiercely loyal to the Trinity, and to the Stewards who had once spoken for them. And those remaining had known for quite some time that it was the Maneater who had been trying to sow discord. She had been granted a reprieve two days before, when one of the Stewards had intervened on her behalf. But, much like all of her compatriots, her time had finally run out. When the end did come, she attempted to take a bite out of the Magic Rat. Like much of her other efforts, however, it fell just short.

And so, with the threat of the Corrupted, those loyal to the continued reign of the Trinity re-asserted control over the Houses. The Partisans, who had sought to usurp the order put in place by the Trinity, were removed from any positions of power they might have held. At last, the chaos had come to an end. The battle had been hard-fought, and there had been far too many casualties. But the Trinity had prevailed over the attempt to remove them from power, and their reign continued. If they would be ready for the next fight, whenever it came, was another question entirely.

All surviving Villagers have achieved their win condition by eliminating all threats to the village!

The Champions
    38thDoe
    Heffling
    MamaWolf
    ObiFett
    ZombieHero

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Good game all! I can't believe I held on as long as I did. It's especially ironic considering I had only reserved for the game. I really was trying to set up partisan 1982's for a win at the end, as I didn't see how mafia could win after Justice's death. Oh, and @discrider, I am very sorry for re-propagandizing you (it was a dumb move based on a couple misunderstandings on my part), and I fully accept any grudge you want to bear me for future day 1's.

It was kind of funny, given that it was originally Green's and I only got it by circumstance, but the song I was assigned is by a band from my hometown (Philly), and only a year older than I am (1982):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    and no, that "slip up" post does not factor in to that vote.

You should see the slip up I messaged Gizzy!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Damn, I was sure there was a survivor, because the stewards saw six people join houses day 2, and there were only 5 mafia.

This game really messed with my head. Interesting idea with the partisanship, though.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    @Locus @AustinP0027 Thanks for hosting!

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Also, please note no mafia ever changed houses after choosing day 1.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    @Green @kime @JusticeforPluto @premium @shalmelo Could someone link & unlock the proboard for those interested? You guys never promoted me from 'New Member' so I can't.

Sorry guys, but the village was on fire this game.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for playing!

I will give my thoughts about the game tomorrow, @AustinP0027 may chime in whenever he's ready.

Post-game game: Try to guess how many songs we intentionally referenced! Whoever is closest maybe wins a prize?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm more annoyed at the villagers who killed LostNinja to be honest.

• Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Thank you So much @Locus and @AustinP0027 for hosting!! I loved it!!

Just goes to show always assume that spouse is mafia!!

Sorry @H3Knuckles that you got in the line of "lovers quarrel" lol You did well though!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Well, at minimum it's 30, right? 22 players' songs, plus all the powers in the order of operations were music references.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Yeah, if your guess is not at least 22 (for the roles) then you are very wrong.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

38thDoe July 6
    I am also mafia 1982, the year my wife thinks it is apparently.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Maaan, I lose by conversion. :bigfrown:

• Options
    Sorry, Wildcat.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »

38thDoe July 6

And then Gizzy stopped talking to me for the rest of the game....

But you *Have* heard of me!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2020
    This game got me to branch out and soft-network with several folks I haven't talked to much, so that was really cool!

Gizzy on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Uggggh I played so badly, sorry team.

Thanks for running Locus and Austin!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options

38thDoe July 6

And then Gizzy stopped talking to me for the rest of the game....

Oh that slip up didn't get me worried. I think I was worried at myself, that I was talking to too many people. And the more I talk to someone, the more I trust them .. and I'm bad at keeping secrets and was afraid I might slip and say something I shouldn't.

• Options
    Oh actually, if H3 converted me, then I get to be double annoyed at the people who killed LostNinja, cause I wouldn't have been converted if H3 had died

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Oh actually, if H3 converted me, then I get to be double annoyed at the people who killed LostNinja, cause I wouldn't have been converted if H3 had died

Well it sounds like if H3 hadn't of converted wildcat and jpants, you still would have won as a partisan. So you can be mad in all kinds of directions.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

Forget the villagers, the Partisan that saved a known mafia! Roman >_>

Edit: meant steward

LostNinja on
  • Options
    roman wasn't a partisan

• Options
    edited July 2020
    LostNinja wrote: »

Forget the villagers, the Partisan that saved a known mafia! Roman >_>

@romanqwerty was a Steward, and I killed them the same night they saved me. :(

To be fair, I didn't know the stewards were the vote manipulators, and I was just going on a hunch they were the last steward (basically, it had to be a 1982, and I figured it wasn't JPants since his network was apparently small, Obi seemed too inactive, and I didn't know 38th or ZH's house).

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    So, what the hell was the point of the Partisans? Cause us mafia could make them, but they didnt seem to add anything to the game. The ending narration makes it seem like they were supposed to be anti village, but never were in game.

I didnt like there being extra votes.

I also played really poorly, missing critical votes and being two quite.

I really like the lore and setting. Thanks to ours hosts for providing some fun in these times.

• Options
    My side goal to every phalla, try to win with @Zombie Hero
    Two partisans of different houses, wincon to kill each other, but found an out and both got cured.
    Not sure if hosts were mad about that - but that happened.

• Options
    So, what the hell was the point of the Partisans? Cause us mafia could make them, but they didnt seem to add anything to the game. The ending narration makes it seem like they were supposed to be anti village, but never were in game.

I really like the lore and setting. Thanks to ours hosts for providing some fun in these times.

By making more partisans, you would have ideally turned the houses against each other and lowered the stewards vote manipulation. But on the other side possibly unlocked more vigs, but those vigs would prob be more faction game focused - taking out partisans of other houses.

• Options
    edited July 2020

By making more partisans, you would have ideally turned the houses against each other and lowered the stewards vote manipulation. But on the other side possibly unlocked more vigs, but those vigs would prob be more faction game focused - taking out partisans of other houses.

I think the problem was that not enough people were aware that the game ends with the last mafia, there is no partisanship bonus round, they just lose. Or maybe that was just me, I had to get a clarification via pms pretty late in the game about whether the game continued. But I seem to recall others expressing similar misunderstandings somewhere in the middle days. Either way, between that and how on the ball the stewards were in organizing together and then cleansing people, the partisanship never really had as much of an impact as it was probably supposed to.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Village factions that can't win together in theory want to kill the others before the mafia so they can win.

In practice it seems every game with village factions wipes out the common threat first. Which is I think the way to go. Was pretty unhappy when Void Slayer betrayed me in skies of Phalladia.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2020
    There probably needed to be more partisans in the beginning, to give less power to the stewards, and allow the village the chance to factionalise while the partisans don't know that they can be deprogrammed.

discrider on
  • Options
    Well once you had two converted, and those two converted others it could have ballooned exponentially. But as a partisan I did realize that finding mafia would end the game, and also knew I could win with any partisan as a regular villager .. so I didn't convert anyone, and advocated to be cured so that I could go back to the easy wincon.

So you might have had more luck focusing on a house with more members, and people who seemed confused.

• Options
    @Locus & @AustinP0027
    Thanks for running this game! Your games are always very interesting and enjoyable. I'm looking forward to your next game.

I wish I wasn't quite so busy.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Anyway, thanks for hosting hosts.
    Seems like I should have helped the Mafia if I wanted to win after being reconverted, by factionalising everyone, but I rather stopped caring at that point.
    Even if I had factionalised everyone, then I guess I die as soon as the narration hints that I'm the only other faction left or the Mafia are all dead.

• Options
    H3

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Ah ok. Thanks Gizzy!

And thankya to the hosts for running, I had a great time even though the mafia decided to "day3, time to kill jdark" me :lol:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Oh well.
    At least LostNinja won instead of being needlessly converted by me and losing.

discrider on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Great game all. Lots of folks did great work, from Phyphor and Invictus on day 1, to BlueCyan, Gizzy, and others later.

Sharing my OP because the delivery from Locus and Austin was fantastic:
    I’m burning through the sky, yeah
    Two hundred degrees, that’s why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
    I’m traveling at the speed of light
    I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

-“Don’t Stop Me Now,” by Queen

You are… Mr. Fahrenheit, a Partisan of the House of the Rising Sun! The patron of the House of the Rising Sun is the Son, and the house words are “I Know I’m One.”

Even from the time when you were little, when your father was Mr. Fahrenheit, you’ve been on the go. Never one to stop for anything in particular, you’ve felt like the world has been trying to slow you down, while you’ve been doing everything in your power to speed everyone else up. If only they could see what you do, how much better the world can be when you’re on the move. Things have been especially bad ever since the Trinity came along and set up the Houses to control things. That was just a recipe for stagnation. But look at the House of the Rising Sun! Change is right there in the name: “rising.” Perhaps it’s time for your House to take control. Maybe then you can get things moving.

As a Partisan, you have the following abilities:
    Propaganda - Each night, you may choose one player. That player will become a Partisan. As the Partisans of a House increase in number, they will unlock special roles.

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to the village and eliminate all Partisans that do not share a House with you.

Heffling on
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    Great game all. Lots of folks did great work, from Phyphor and Invictus on day 1, to BlueCyan, Gizzy, and others later.

Sharing my OP because the delivery from Locus and Austin was fantastic:
    I’m burning through the sky, yeah
    Two hundred degrees, that’s why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit
    I’m traveling at the speed of light
    I wanna make a supersonic woman of you

-“Don’t Stop Me Now,” by Queen

You are… Mr. Fahrenheit, a Partisan of the House of the Rising Sun! The patron of the House of the Rising Sun is the Son, and the house words are “I Know I’m One.”

Even from the time when you were little, when your father was Mr. Fahrenheit, you’ve been on the go. Never one to stop for anything in particular, you’ve felt like the world has been trying to slow you down, while you’ve been doing everything in your power to speed everyone else up. If only they could see what you do, how much better the world can be when you’re on the move. Things have been especially bad ever since the Trinity came along and set up the Houses to control things. That was just a recipe for stagnation. But look at the House of the Rising Sun! Change is right there in the name: “rising.” Perhaps it’s time for your House to take control. Maybe then you can get things moving.

As a Partisan, you have the following abilities:
    Propaganda - Each night, you may choose one player. That player will become a Partisan. As the Partisans of a House increase in number, they will unlock special roles.

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to the village and eliminate all Partisans that do not share a House with you.

I mean, I guess giving me that role would be one way to make sure I'm never gonna stop converting people

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    This was a really cool game. Good job!