As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] 2.75 Gamecubes

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    so are all hte FO76 achievements just multiplayer achievement stuff?

It's a multiplayer only game, so yes technically
    but you can do almost all of them alone

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    The majority are quest, level or event related but there are a few coop (or just helping random players) and a few PvP achievements.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Thanks to whoever it was that recommended CrossCode on Game Pass, it's a delight.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Title updated to reflect the Summer Games Fest and Games Showcase event in a couple weeks.

And to the surprise of no one, Cyberpunk 2077 will not be coming to Games Pass on release.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Did anyone assume it would?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Not assume, but I live in hope of Microsoft buying CDPR before launch. 😀

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

MS is busy eyeballing Warner Bros. Interactive.

• Options

I wouldn't mind another Middle-Earth game. I'm sure I'm in a minority opinion, but I find them to be the more tolerable versions of Assassin's Creed.

• Options
    The first game was fantastic. The second game was so bloated and microtransaction focused it really killed the magic. The updated version without the microtransactions is better, but it still so huge that it's not able to focus on a lot of the cool aspects of the game, like the emergent storytelling. There's just so many fucking orcs you have to fight that they all start to blend together. I can still tell you about my nemesis from Shadow of Mordor... The biggest thing I remember about Shadow of War is I literally ran into four "singing" orcs in my first playthrough. "You've never seen an orc like me..." Shut up Larry, you're a dime a dozen.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    The first game was fantastic. The second game was so bloated and microtransaction focused it really killed the magic. The updated version without the microtransactions is better, but it still so huge that it's not able to focus on a lot of the cool aspects of the game, like the emergent storytelling. There's just so many fucking orcs you have to fight that they all start to blend together. I can still tell you about my nemesis from Shadow of Mordor... The biggest thing I remember about Shadow of War is I literally ran into four "singing" orcs in my first playthrough. "You've never seen an orc like me..." Shut up Larry, you're a dime a dozen.

They made a mistake with the first area you travel to. It is so fucking small that you are drowning in captain's.

My first game, I traveled there (which is like, twenty minutes in) and ended up fighting five at once right by the spawn point because it is so fucking cramped.

The later areas are much better but it is hard to push through to them because of the slog of bullshit orcs.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

I wouldn't mind another Middle-Earth game. I'm sure I'm in a minority opinion, but I find them to be the more tolerable versions of Assassin's Creed.

not sure about the future of the Mordor games, but there's a Golum game in the works.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

not sure about the future of the Mordor games, but there's a Golum game in the works.

The team worked with nether realm on the most recent mortal Kombat expansion. So my crazy dream is a Shadow of Mordor mortal Kombat Game

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Replayed Gears 4's co-op campaign over the weekend. We started on Insanity, since we'd done 1-3 that way (I think we never bothered doing a Judgment replay). So uh... The Coalition has no idea what they're doing with difficulty scaling, at least on this game. Gears 4 Insanity completely removes DBNO and you go down in like 3 solid shots. The enemies are at the highest possible health level and weapon choice is a problem already in the Prologue. It's so bad, we did the Emergence Day checkpoint for over an hour trying to clear it before quitting in disgust. We then switched to Hardcore and had a fine time playing that all the way through. Later, I looked up the Insanity clear achievement... 0.78% of players. That's an embarrassment, even more so they never reassessed and patched it. I might edit this later with clear rates of other series games for comparison.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I have the Insanity achievement, but only because the game supports player-specific difficulty settings, and I did it in co-op with someone on Easy.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Flight Simulator releasing on August 18th on PC.

https://youtu.be/TYqJALPVn0Y

• Options
    The Gears of War 4 campaign was an awesome restart to the series, but I never played it beyond hardcore difficulty.

And a release date for MSFS! Sooner than I expected--I'm still hoping for a beta invite myself.

• Options
    Yeah difficulty aside the Gears 4 campaign was great, and I think 5's was even better.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yeah difficulty aside the Gears 4 campaign was great, and I think 5's was even better.

The Coalition has knocked it out of the park as far as their last two single-player campaigns are concerned, I think. That's particularly impressive considering they made the jump to "quasi-open world" in Gears 5, which was unexpected and something I'm highly skeptical about generally.

• Options
    The Gears of War 4 campaign was an awesome restart to the series, but I never played it beyond hardcore difficulty.

And a release date for MSFS! Sooner than I expected--I'm still hoping for a beta invite myself.

So, some further details on this, that I'll probably copy over to the flight sim thread at some point: there will be three editions (not surprising, considering the absurd budget of the game combined with the decade-plus since the last commercial release in the franchise). There are also three differently-priced editions. The basic release will come in at $60 US and include 20 distinct aircraft and 30 "handcrafted" (rather than procedurally modeled) airports. The next version at $90 US includes 25 aircraft and 35 airports, and the most expensive version 30 aircraft and 40 airports. Given the history of the franchise, and where it is now, the basic edition is releasing with more aircraft than I expected.

Also, it's not coming to Steam at launch. That obviously doesn't rule out the future possibility of one, it just won't be coming out in August and Microsoft hasn't said when (compared to Gears 5, for example, or other first-party releases).

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    I gave up on the Gears franchise on the second game. It felt like playing a war game on the Oxygen network with all the mopey drama. Maybe one day I'll revisit...

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    I gave up on the Gears franchise on the second game. It felt like playing a war game on the Oxygen network with all the mopey drama. Maybe one day I'll revisit...

But that is what made it special.

Dom and Marcus just needed to kiss and get it over with.

• Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Picture the old Uncharted games, but with more absurd macho guitar rifts. And less White Savior racism.

• Options
    I've always felt the one thing I really like about the gears game is how I close I felt with my cogmates. Like even with them adding more beyond Baird, dom, and Cole, I always liked the personality and shit talking that goes on. Other games should take note of how the writers of gears write their squad mates to feel like people.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Sucks to get the kill Cabal on Io step literally the first week the pyramid public event that switches back and forth between cabal and vex is not on the planet.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Was excited to do crossplay Minecraft with my brothers. I'm not able to get on as often as them but ended up being the one to host the world anyways. So I looked into a Realm server rental for the first time so I could have it up all the time for them. It worked great, imported our world into the Realm and seemed perfect... Until my one brother on PS4 could no longer join. Turns out despite you bring able to crossplay, at the moment PS4 doesn't support realms at all.

Now I have to figure out how to cancel this Realms trial

• Options
    edited July 2020
    So, I was wondering why I had lost some feeling in the very tip of my left thumb.

Long story short: no more Streets of Rage 4 for the time being, and swapping the cross-shape metal D-Pad for the disc-shaped one.

Here's a short but nifty promo video for the Xbox Velocity Architecture on Series X.

https://youtu.be/1lPzqRJanpU

Synthesis on
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Well, that was the popular option in the "future of Project xCloud" betting pool I'd wager.

Obviously the service wasn't going to stay free forever (unless Microsoft axed it, but they've got a few years left to turn it into a PSNow-style failure, no rush). So it becomes a further value proposition for Game Pass (or perhaps vice versa). Unsurprisingly, no word about about xCloud coming to more platforms (in fact, just a token reference to its Windows integration from the starting point on Android and iOS). "Free" xCloud (i.e. streaming from your own library on owned hardware) still sounds like what we'd expect, for those who want to try the service without Game Pass whenever the beta ends--if there are 10 million Game Pass subscribers, that leaves a potential 40 million Xbox console users who don't have Game Pass--but that also assumes 1) no one using Game Pass uses it for only for Windows 10, and 2) units sold don't count towards replacing existing hardware, neither of which are true.--even if it just amounts to a smoother experience than the current console-streaming options.

Considering they're looking down the barrel of the Google gun, Microsoft is taking Xbox Game Streaming pretty seriously to say the least.

• Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    xCloud is still amazing all the times I've used it so that's good news.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    To be fair, this is the current state of the Google gun.

IMG_0303-2011-04-30-512.jpg

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    To be fair, this is the current state of the Google gun.

IMG_0303-2011-04-30-512.jpg

Yeah most of the time I've heard people talk about stadia its either to say how empty it is, or how poorly explained things are.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So you're saying you could get it through an evasive TSA screening with a little work?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    It's the gun that killed Doc Brown!

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    how is the xcloud beta still not a thing on windows peecees, ugh.

also it being part of gamepass ultimate was definitely the most obviously choice, glad they are going with it

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options

So likely no price announcement. Also geeks with what we've heard about a August reveal for Lockhart.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    xCloud is basically XboneS at the moment right? So even if you're paying for gamepass ultimate, only xbox-side games are potentially playable? Though this might be pretty sweet for PC owners who want to enjoy some xbox games.

Wonder if you can still convert up to 3 years of gold to gamepass ultimate for $1?

• Options
    edited July 2020

One X and the SADE are being discontinued. One S is apparently still hanging around?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    It's the gun that killed Doc Brown!

It looks like something that comes with a Borderlands Collector Edition.

So likely no price announcement. Also geeks with what we've heard about a August reveal for Lockhart.

I wonder how many "Xbox Exclusive Betas" Phil and Co. have moneyhatted to show at the event. Bet they handed some Azure Cloud credit here and there.

"Now you can download the betas of Outriders, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Halo Infinite on your Xbox."

::Azure coupons drop from Phil's pocket like ketchup bags::

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

One X and the SADE are being discontinued. One S is apparently still hanging around?

Hmmmm. This seems odd, but then again, why build a high end one when you can make a low end series x.