Yaaarr! Welcome to the Pirates Outlaws thread! Set sail as your favorite captain in search of adventure, repute, and loot!OK, so what is Pirates Outlaws?
Basically, PO is a roguelike card game that borrows heavily from Slay the Spire. While it's very similar, it does have it's own mechanics so it's not a one for one copy. It's not as deep as StS, but it's much faster and the variety in games comes from the multitude of characters and levels to choose from.Where can I play it?
The game is available on Steam ($19.99), iOS ($0.99), and Android ($0.99).What? Why the huge price difference?
Well, the mobile versions of the game requires a lot of grinding which isn't found on Steam. The game features two in-game currencies on mobile: gold and repute. You earn both by beating the game. Gold is used to unlock characters, levels, skins, and permanent buffs. Repute is a progression gate that is required to unlock characters, levels, and so forth. On Steam, the game does away with gold and you only need repute to unlock things.
So the game is way cheaper on mobile, but requires a lot of grinding gold to unlock things. On Steam, you pay more upfront, but unlock things with a lot less hassle over time. Find which one works best for you! Of course, it's probably best to wait for a sale on Steam before picking it up.
Side note: If you do play on mobile (which I've been doing), I'd highly recommend you buy the "Upgrade Pack" for $2.99 which doubles your gold, exp, and repute rewards. It greatly reduces the grind.I love Slay the Spire! What's some of the similarities and differences between the games?
Things that PO shares in common with StS:
- Energy (called Ammo in PO)
- Selectable Pathing
- 3 levels with bosses
- Unlockables after runs end
- Combat w/enemy intents
- Different characters with unique playstyles
Ways that PO plays differently than StS:
Hmmm...let's see some gameplay!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lov-syv9GlYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSTXHHUXLQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2OOf4p4kDU
- Attacks are melee or ranged. Melee attacks cost no Ammo, but can (generally) only target the front enemy.
- Ammo is spent on skills and ranged attacks. Also, it does NOT refill between rounds. You have to play Ammo cards to restore Ammo.
- Armor you gain DOES carry over between rounds. It's only lost when it takes damage.
- Enemies can be in one of three spaces. The closest enemy to you can be hit by melee or ranged attacks. Anyone in the back can only be hit by ranged.
- You can only have one status effect at a time. If the enemy debuffs you, simply play a buff on yourself. Of course, this means you might override your own buffs too.
- Your cannot hold more than 5 cards at a time. Excess cards drawn are discarded.
- You MUST select a card/relic after each battle. On the plus side, you can reroll your choices for a little bit of gold.
- You can only hold 5 relics (up to 7 w/unlocks), but you can sell your Relics for extra money.
- Sailing around the map is just like the pathing in StS, but it costs Action Points to move from area to area. Manage that AP or your sunk!
- There are Markets and Taverns in the game. Markets sell cards and relics and allow you to upgrade your cards. Taverns sell AP refills, HP refills, purchase relics you want to be rid of, and allow you to remove cards from your deck.
- There's no Daily Runs or Modifiers, but there is a 100 floor, pure combat Arena mode for creating crazy broken decks.
Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051Steam IDTwitch Page