As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Street Power Football and No Straight Roads out today!

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Game development is also an industry well suited to working from home, so they can be hiring while other industries are forced into freezes or layoffs.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Game development is also an industry well suited to working from home, so they can be hiring while other industries are forced into freezes or layoffs.

I mean, I don't think this is true, although there is truthiness to it

Why wouldn't any other tech (or art, or PR, or any other gaming-tangential department for that matter) space not have the same pull?

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Eddy wrote: »

I mean, I don't think this is true, although there is truthiness to it

Why wouldn't any other tech (or art, or PR, or any other gaming-tangential department for that matter) space not have the same pull?

Maybe they do and we just aren't paying attention like we are with games?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's the PC Games thread and only one person is posting the tweets

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    the tweets are coming from inside the thread

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I finally went back to Prey so I could get into Mooncrash. What a gem! At first the corruption mechanic really put me off, since I instinctively flinch away from anything resembling a time limit when I'm trying to sneak around and explore. But once I figured out how many Time Turners I could manufacture on a given run I started to relax and enjoy the place.

Going through the same persistent level with multiple characters and different skill sets is some long-form Lost Vikings shit that I am extremely here for. I sure hope they keep some of this intact for Prey...2...

Oh. Right.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I wouldn’t count prey 2 out completely, but more likely we’ll get smaller stuff like mooncrash if there is another game set in that universe

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mooncrash was a precision strike to the pleasure centers of my brain

That thing fired on ALL my cylinders

• Options
    I've spent more time than I'd like to admit in the rec lounge playing songs on the jukebox.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

Looking it up and it comes with a 1v5 multiplayer mode? Kinda like prop hunt with Typhon's. That sounds fun too

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I should probably actually invest some time in Mooncrash instead of just starting new Prey playthroughs every time I install it. That game was like custom made for me though!

• Options
    My advice is to haphazardly bungle your way through the first few runs without putting much thought into it. Some very important stuff that makes the game way more manageable than you think doesn't crop up until you get some cheevos and finish some runs. Successfully or otherwise.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I found it too hard to get past the moon shark without losing all my health and having to limp through the rest of the run

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

Looking it up and it comes with a 1v5 multiplayer mode? Kinda like prop hunt with Typhon's. That sounds fun too

The Typhon Hunter thing is a bit weird, because where Mooncrash is launched from Prey, it's in a completely different engine. Probably to facilitate the VR component of both the multiplayer and a (very short, bare-bones, but fun imo) 'campaign'.

I have the impression that Typhon Hunter did not find an audience. With a review score of "mostly negative" I can't imagine that changed over the last year and a half or so

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I found it too hard to get past the moon shark without losing all my health and having to limp through the rest of the run

Did you walk with rhythm? You were probably walking with rhythm. Classic mistake.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I was playing that old Lucasarts Outlaws game. I tried to get my original disc copy to run in Windows 10, but no luck. I went and bought the gog version.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    What exactly am I meant to be seeing in those pics

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    What exactly am I meant to be seeing in those pics

DLC Stuff in the works.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I need to finish Umurangi Generation

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’m going dark on all AC Valhalla stuff but I’m worried cos I heard like English accents coming from the Vikings in the trailer. One of the most memorable and enjoyable aspects of odyssey and origins were the accents, I’m really hoping they do Nordic accents because they sound so badass and it would be far more immersive than everyone speaking with an English accent, it would also separate the Vikings from the English, I’m very worried they’ll bland it out like they did with Unity

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    hey speaking of games in jobs

we're actively hiring right now

particularly back-end/server engineers with any experience in games, and also probably a high quality 3d modeller and an animator most likely

hit me up if you think you got what it takes, kid

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    forum bug post

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options

particularly back-end/server engineers with any experience in games, and also probably a high quality 3d modeller and an animator most likely

What if I don't think I have what it takes

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yeah can I hit you up if I have no relevant qualifications whatsoever?

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Yeah can I hit you up if I have no relevant qualifications whatsoever?

server engineering is neat but have you heard about CRISPR

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

What if I don't think I have what it takes

Then the presidents daughter is toast.

Which, actually, these days? I’m cool with.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular

Allow me to submit my portfolio:

CJTDaN4.png
    f47mFmt.png
    91jKTtl.jpg

I exclusively model dirty drones.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    ...Why does it have a butt?

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Fencingsax wrote: »

It's where the craft keeps its afthole

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Pooro...

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Fencingsax wrote: »

It's where the craft keeps its afthole

Thanks for reminding us why you make the big bucks, Pooro

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »

Allow me to submit my portfolio:

CJTDaN4.png
    f47mFmt.png
    91jKTtl.jpg

I exclusively model dirty drones.
    Yeah I’m down

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I was playing that old Lucasarts Outlaws game. I tried to get my original disc copy to run in Windows 10, but no luck. I went and bought the gog version.
    That's one of the few GoG games where even with their back work the game still doesn't quite run correctly, at least on my machine. A shame, it's a great game, if balls hard.

[edit] Oh hey, apparently there's an engine port in the woks. Neat.

Glal on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    LOL, what an absolute melt.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

I have 5/6th of a CompSci degree during which I studied computer graphics and computer telecommunications. I also noodled around in Unreal and Godot.

I also programmed a thing in Angular/Node.js, but data loss and a poorly updated git repo occurred and I kinda gave in to despair.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    because absolutely no corner of the medium is safe from corporate scumfuckery

This discussion has been closed.