As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help, ps2 slim disk read error.

TreeetresTreeetres Registered User new member
My PlayStation 2 slim can read black disks and movies, in black in white. It can’t read the silver games. It is old and I’ve already tried cleaning it.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Black disks are PS1 games, blue are CD based PS2 games, and silver are DVD PS2 games. If only the black are working, your laser is dead. ifixit has you covered. But it's a pretty difficult fix if you're not comfortable with a screwdriver, spudger, and carefully pulling electronics apart and (more importantly!) putting them back together without leftover parts.

As for the color, it sounds like you might have the video out cables plugged into a component input, but it's possible that the output is hosed as well. I'd check on the inputs on your TV and make sure everything there is solid before you go far in the weeds trying to fix the laser assembly in the system.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter