Options

Justice of the [Chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    echo that is silly

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Chanus wrote: »
    echo that is silly

I aim to silly

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Personally I welcome our UFO alien overlords and submit myself to any required probing

Zavian on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I remember when someone coming into a store with a gun and a mask only meant one thing

It was February

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Personally I welcome our UFO alien overlords and submit myself to any required probing

One hopes they use some nice water based lubricant

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular

One hopes they use some nice water based lubricant

No they are killed by water and are also probably silicon lifeforms

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Neco wrote: »
    A customer came in this morning with a holstered pistol. He wasn’t like, scary or anything or threatening anyone with it, but just...why? The fuck do you need a gun with you at 9am in a grocery store for? Lame.

We used to have a guy that would swing by all the time on his way home, worked as a driver for one of those armored trucks, and he'd have a holstered gun, just because he was still half in uniform.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Our arguably best and most experienced field tech has been frozen out of two major incidents in favour of other techs that were much further away and had less expertise. She is livid.

And I can't help but thinking that she being a woman is not a coincidence with those decisions.

Executives are a blight.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    I am anti pie. Especially cherry pie. Fucking cherry pie.

These were meat & potato and chicken & mushroom.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Ooh, Tesco delivery slots are available again on timescales measured in days instead of weeks

Thrilled that the lifting of lockdown has restored another reason not to leave the house

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Trace wrote: »
    I am anti pie. Especially cherry pie. Fucking cherry pie.

These were meat & potato and chicken & mushroom.

this is why we need the oxford comma

• Options
    Everyone loves a meat pie

Yes, just "meat"

No further questions

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    Ooh, Tesco delivery slots are available again on timescales measured in days instead of weeks

Thrilled that the lifting of lockdown has restored another reason not to leave the house

what you need is a poorly-regulated gig economy of shopper-drivers with no barrier to entry

• Options

what you need is a poorly-regulated gig economy of shopper-drivers with no barrier to entry

This is the shoply thing or whatever it is?

I remember there was something like that when I was at uni called in60, as in "we'll bring you whatever you want that is available from a shop within our catchment area in 60 minutes"

This was pre mobile internet though, so placing an order was like talking to a taxi dispatcher

It actually worked pretty well but this is also pre-softbank venture capital so it lost catastrophic amounts of money

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Those ufo videos do nothing for me. I automatically attribute it to some random phenomena we don’t know what and will never know.

Honestly would probably need zoom in on a cockpit window and an alien waving back in 8k resolution, proven to be authentic footage, for me to give it any kind of consideration that it’s aliens.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Honk wrote: »
    Those ufo videos do nothing for me. I automatically attribute it to some random phenomena we don’t know what and will never know.

Honestly would probably need zoom in on a cockpit window and an alien waving back in 8k resolution, proven to be authentic footage, for me to give it any kind of consideration that it’s aliens.

The fact people have been taking pictures and video of "UFOs" for 80+ years and still the absolute best we can get even with modern gear is blinky out of focus splotches is kind of telling.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I was asked to make a level 15 starfinder character to playtest part of a module.
    JFC it was a lot of work but the outcome is hilarious.

Ending up with a Vesk (A Star Trek Gorn more or less) wearing a powered armor that has roughly the same features as him, including a tail. So a Gorn in a Gorn mech.
    3 Mounted Weapons, an Acid Spray Blast (Cone AoE) and a Hailcannon (Long Range/Automatic Ice weapon) on shoulders, and a Grenade launcher on my back. Then my superdeadly grenade in one hand, and my other hand empty to punch people. And because of rules, I am allowed to hold a shield in my tail. Its so utterly ridiculous.

Specced towards defense and explosions, I basically made a Metal Gear final boss. Shoots you with 3 different guns depending on how close you are, and if you get next to me punches you in the face.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Yes, just "meat"

No further questions

one unit of meat, please

• Options
    Making a shopping list while drinking

Fuck yes I'm making pumpkin and ricotta lasagna

Miso roasted broccoli and chickpea burritos why not

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

Yes, just "meat"

No further questions

one unit of meat, please

The curry place we used to order from in Birmingham laid out its menu such that for any given curry you had the option of (in descending order of price):

King prawn
    Lamb
    Chicken
    Vegetable
    Meat

I never indulged my curiosity and ordered like a meat dhansak

• Options

This is the shoply thing or whatever it is?

I remember there was something like that when I was at uni called in60, as in "we'll bring you whatever you want that is available from a shop within our catchment area in 60 minutes"

This was pre mobile internet though, so placing an order was like talking to a taxi dispatcher

It actually worked pretty well but this is also pre-softbank venture capital so it lost catastrophic amounts of money

basically yeah

it's pretty convenient and most times something on your order will be wrong but at least i don't have to go out to the store right now

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    All groceries should be call ahead pick up orders, change my mind

sig.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    As I've been cooking more, several decades too late but hey, I've realized that cooking meat has got to be male coded primarily because the best way to cook steak etc. is to put it down and then only touch it once. Men!

• Options

add or delivery and i'll be on board

• Options
    Cesca is reminding me that in60 was entirely a West end thing

And that as a southsider she used the competing but otherwise identical service Yello

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

The fact people have been taking pictures and video of "UFOs" for 80+ years and still the absolute best we can get even with modern gear is blinky out of focus splotches is kind of telling.

If humanity is the most advanced civilization in the universe, then this universe sucks

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Coinage wrote: »
    As I've been cooking more, several decades too late but hey, I've realized that cooking meat has got to be male coded primarily because the best way to cook steak etc. is to put it down and then only touch it once. Men!

I wonder if it has to do with the original Weber grill using hardware stores as their distribution system and thinking that mostly men were shopping there. It sounds plausible...

Tumin on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

add or delivery and i'll be on board

This is stupid and horrible but i can't say no to the Chanus lobby

We have an accord

sig.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Nah we just haven't gotten to the genetic modification, build enigmatic superstructures, die off because of the genetic modifications phase yet.

• Options
    In my old age, I now prefer veggie lasagna over meat lasagna. My younger self would hate me.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Delivery is the only civilised way to grocery shop

Edit: i could click and collect but my car is full of shite that I can't be arsed putting anywhere else

japan on
  • Options
    Delivery is the only civilised way to grocery shop

Edit: i could click and collect but my car is full of shite that I can't be arsed putting anywhere else

We're amending the bill to include delivery

sig.gif
  • Options
    halloween-bronco-cowboy-dog-halloween-costume.jpg

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    it was nice and cloudy, though muggy, when I left but I think I got way too much sun on that bike ride. got a real headache settling in and feel crappy.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Brown utterly dominating, no contest, I feel sorry for the other dog.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

If humanity is the most advanced civilization in the universe, then this universe sucks

Oh I'm not saying they don't exist, I just adhere to the Calvin school of thought, the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I failed at not ordering delivery today

In my defense I have a terrible headache and standing up makes it worse so I can not cook

• Options
    i guess TIL what bukkake actually means

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    d3iumq10e9e51.png

This discussion has been closed.