As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All the [Love]ly people

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I, too, keep getting ads for enormous tits.

But those should go away after the election.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I just get that annoying soap ad and sunglasses ad with the same actor
    A bunch of ads for various things in Korea {airlines, travel to places from korea} I should stop watching unpretty rap star and listening to k pop on youtube
    But I am getting those toward the end of the video cut away for an ad break a lot now

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    If I find whoever is responsible for these fake "let's play" mobile game ads I'm gonna 10,000 Fists of The Raging Tiger: Northern Mountain Style punch them in the dicks until they die from dick trauma.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Platy wrote: »
    Youtube's showing me breast augmentation ads

I didn't even google anything related to breast augmentations

Google thinks I need massive knockers in my life

I was getting a lot of genital upkeep ads.

Wasn’t helpful in class I will tell you.

but now you're fresh as a summer breeze?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Genital...upkeep?

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Genital...upkeep?

Depending on what genitalia you have it can be quite important to keep them up.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I've had success using a crane to keep my genitalia up

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I assume hair-down-there grooming devices or such

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I've had success using a crane to keep my genitalia up

Rookie move!

The experts all have their genitals replaced with a crane!

Transformer_44c6a0_146671.gif

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I assume hair-down-there grooming devices or such

Yup! And some talcum powder ads for down there too! Who cares that it causes cancer when we can sell things!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    What talcum causes cancer???

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    some research published early this year seems to suggest that the link between talcum powder used on the genitals and ovarian cancer might have been false
    I don't know shit though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    some research published early this year seems to suggest that the link between talcum powder used on the genitals and ovarian cancer might have been false
    I don't know shit though

Because it contains abestoes in small amounts it's not worth the effort or cost to remove it

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It’s ovarian cancer and since it’s so small it’sa respiratory issue as well.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    These things are a real tough intersection between industry that obviously doesn't want it to be true, scientists who could make their name on proving it true, and potentially very small effect sizes that could be real but not that important. Also not like people who commonly use baby powder wouldn't likely have some other associated habits that make it really hard to isolate a single variable. So it goes into the "if easily avoided may as well avoid it" category, but I wouldn't worry about it overmuch. But then I'm of the opinion that you are gonna die at some point and avoiding everything will just make life an exhausting waste.
    Relavent falseknees:
    gi6ze0ryxsdj.png

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I powder up my business because anything is better than swampy junk

might get cancer, but I smoke cigarettes and also exist in a world chock full of carcinogens so

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I powder up my business because anything is better than swampy junk

this is a sentence that someone wrote

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Had a date ghost me yesterday. This was our...third rescheduled first date. We even had a backup plan in case we got rained out again.

Still haven't heard from her so no idea what the deal is.

The bright side was it was my friends bday yesterday so I took my date pizza and ate it with him and his GF at their place.

• Options
    Kruite wrote: »
    Had a date ghost me yesterday. This was our...third rescheduled first date. We even had a backup plan in case we got rained out again.

The bright side was it was my friends bday yesterday so I took my date pizza and ate it with him and his GF at their place.

three strikes, she out

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Kruite wrote: »

three strikes, she out

Yeah, I've gone down that road before. Had some good conversations and I felt like we hit it off, but if you're constantly cancelling you're pretty clearly not as into me as I'm into you. Best to just call it quits and move on at some point.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Life may be happening, but it's not on you to figure that out for them, bail and if they pop up again with a convenient date, time and activity then...MAYBE (and even then I'd want them to at least address them being a flake before) but otherwise nopeeee.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think rescheduling a couple times is unfortunate but there can easily be legitimate reasons to do so

Ghosting is the end of the line though, I feel. It's just unbelievably rude

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If I got ghosted once then yeah they're out the door

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    If someone reached back out to me after something like that I would still have to think about it

But then I don't get matches or conversations or dates at all ever anyway so it's moot

Hell I reinstalled bumble because I'm really craving conversation at least, had it up for like two months with no matches.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/01/sunday-review/coronavirus-socially-awkward.html

it me

So when we are cut off from others, our brains interpret it as a mortal threat. Feeling lonely or isolated is as much a biological signal as hunger or thirst. And just like not eating when you’re starved or not drinking when you’re dehydrated, failing to interact with others when you are lonely leads to negative cognitive, emotional and physiological effects, which Dr. Cacioppo said many of us are likely experiencing now.

Even if you are ensconced in a pandemic pod with a romantic partner or family members, you can still feel lonely — often camouflaged as sadness, irritability, anger and lethargy — because you’re not getting the full range of human interactions that you need, almost like not eating a balanced diet. We underestimate how much we benefit from casual camaraderie at the office, gym, choir practice or art class, not to mention spontaneous exchanges with strangers.

poo
  • Options

So when we are cut off from others, our brains interpret it as a mortal threat.

ha ha ha excuse me what

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I mean, it's not wrong. Even introverted folks who don't like being social and find it enervating (hi) do need casual interaction. How often have you heard someone say that they want to be by themselves in a room but not alone at home?

Humans evolved to be pack animals, like non-human apes, and the upswing of that is that one of the behaviors that comes along with social adaptations is an aversion to being completely isolated.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    I mean, it's not wrong. Even introverted folks who don't like being social and find it enervating (hi) do need casual interaction. How often have you heard someone say that they want to be by themselves in a room but not alone at home?

Humans evolved to be pack animals, like non-human apes, and the upswing of that is that one of the behaviors that comes along with social adaptations is an aversion to being completely isolated.

nah i'm just making a joke about how my introversion is so strong and happy now i would hiss and hide under the oven if i saw another person

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's been something seeing all this go down and learning that my normal everyday life is an existential nightmare for everyone else.

• Options
    I like my alone time, but I know I have mental health issues and part of managing that has been spending time with other people. Turns out I need that to be healthy, who knew! This pandemic has been ROUGH.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    i thought it was a good article
    like it was interesting the stuff about the antarctic researchers
    (except now when you're out and about everyone is trying to walk far away from people and not talk to strangers at all)

even if it doesn't apply to everyone (and obv not essential workers etc)

i went from like, coming back from a trip to wyoming with friends, regularly going to the office full of people, in one of the busiest cities in the world, riding the subway, living with a roommate, going to coffee shops and bars and restaurants, seeing different friends multiple times a week

to basically just seeing my parents and no one else except rarely
    heck, i didn't even go to a grocery store until sometime in may probably

cuz even before when i wanted, say, a weekend alone, that'd be after a week of work, and i'd still need to maybe go downstairs to the bodega

my calls and video chats went way way down too

i feel weird and different

and when i did see friends the other week it was still weird but it was so nice i got teary eyed but it was weird and i felt weird

though i think adding my depression on top of that was also a factor

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Also, like people are different, it's what life interesting

Some introverts are isolated more than they prefer during this whole disaster and it sucks

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Aistan wrote: »
    It's been something seeing all this go down and learning that my normal everyday life is an existential nightmare for everyone else.

I don't want people to be thinking that, though. It's not that we're saying, oh, your life sucks. It's more that I'm saying, what you enjoy as a daily way to live, I find difficult and emotionally draining. And in the same way that I would be hugely sympathetic for introverts if there was a global pandemic that forced people to spend all their time around others, I think it's fair to say that being an extrovert who lives alone during lockdown...

Well, it fucked me up far more than I thought even at the time. Like it took coming out of lockdown entirely for me to realise just how profoundly miserable I was day after day.

Solar on
  • Options
    Like before lockdown I tended to see people at work and then see part of my friendship group every day in the week, apart from weekends, when I just saw friends every day.

To go from that to not having a conversation with someone face to face for three months was deeply upsetting to me.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Could also be that my normal everyday life is an existential nightmare for me too, i've just gotten used to it and don't notice it anymore.

• Options
    Also, like people are different, it's what life interesting

Some introverts are isolated more than they prefer during this whole disaster and it sucks

*raises hand*

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm fairly introverted and even I've long since gone past the other side of my comfort zone

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I miss my social interactions pretty desperately, I had a falling out with my drinking buddies back in January, my other "bros" either live other states now or have toddlers they don't want to see people who work in healthcare

Thankfully, I guess, my girlfriend's family has had to share baby sitting duties for her nephews, on account of their parents working when their schools went remote in the spring, so the "bubble" includes most of my girlfriend's family, at least

But I would love to see someone outside of the bubble, we all get along well, but seeing almost no one but the same eight people for nine months now has been very disorienting, I guess, is the word

I go grocery shopping Saturday or Sunday, see some of the fam on Wednesday and sometimes a second time, and go to work

And shoot my bow maybe once a week

And it's been repeating for what feels like an eternity

And some variety of something very similar is happening to almost everyone on the planet

While the country (USA) falls to open fascism

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I see...one other person on a regular basis--once or twice a week at most. Occasionally I go into work in the lab and wave to someone. I walk to the other side of the street if I'm passing them. My level of human contact at this point is about 1 degree above "hermit", and I am not a fan.

Orca on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I’m an introvert who thinks they cope very well alone, until I finally spend time with a friend, then realize oh, that’s what was missing!

Like I had a whole week back in July when I was feeling especially crappy and anxious, then I video chatted to a friend for a couple of hours and I felt so much better!

And that’s with living with my family, who are all great, but obviously not always enough. (Or sometimes too much, in the case of the kiddos. Like, I am constantly torn between wanting interaction but also GIVE ME SPACE! Let me sit/sleep alone!)

Janson on