As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Against Everyone’s Better Judgement The [Movie] Thread is Open

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I really hope that story is true.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Every Nic Cage story is true

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    havin already purchased looted dinosaur bones that day, he had nowhere else to put the money

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Every Nic Cage story is true

I choose to believe this without hesitation.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I wonder what kind of stories you would get if Nicolas Cage hung out with Werner Herzog

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you get the bad lieuteant port of call: new orleans

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    you get the bad lieuteant port of call: new orleans

The best Nic Cage performance ever.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I wonder what kind of stories you would get if Nicolas Cage hung out with Werner Herzog

have you not seen bad lieutenant?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

have you not seen bad lieutenant?

One doesn't see Bad Lieutenant, one merely survives it.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Bad Lieutenant isn't stories about Werner Herzog and Nicolas Cage hanging out, though

• Options
    Bad Lieutenant isn't stories about Werner Herzog and Nicolas Cage hanging out, though

I feel like the atmosphere and emotion are about the same though.

• Options

it was a documentary and it was shot in real time

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Aldis Hodge is just overwhelmingly, intimidatingly handsome in real life

Sometimes you meet actors in real life, and you're like, "Oh, they're a regular person, they just have great screen presence."

But sometimes you meet actors and you're like, "Oh, I'm a worm. I'm a festering sack compared to this obviously-higher lifeform."

That he didn't become a bigger star after Leverage is a black mark against Hollywood. Guy was fantastic.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Clea DuVall's lesbian romcom starring Kristen Stewart and Mackenzie Davis is coming out on Hulu for Thanksgiving

is EVERY word there good? well, maybe not Thanksgiving, but the rest are excellent

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

I think we already knew this was happening but this quote is so bonkers

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Death to Smoochy already exists and is great, but I guess I'm willing to see what Kaluuya has to say about it sure

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I think we already knew this was happening but this quote is so bonkers

Well, he is a t-rex, and he has a damn spitter in his menagerie.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Okay, this is weird. Since it's almost Halloween, I got a craving to watch Near Dark. Only one problem: it's not available. Anywhere. No streaming, not in stores, the Blu Ray on Amazon is $94.

So yeah, now I'm wondering why it's being memory-holed.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Okay, this is weird. Since it's almost Halloween, I got a craving to watch Near Dark. Only one problem: it's not available. Anywhere. No streaming, not in stores, the Blu Ray on Amazon is $94.

So yeah, now I'm wondering why it's being memory-holed.

I have been wanting to watch it too but it’s nowhere.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    it was on Criterion Channel until about a month ago

I know that's not helpful, but it was SOMEWHERE

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I own Near Dark on bluray. Now that my setup is running smoothly I could stream it sometime. It would have to be after my kids go to sleep though, so around 9:30-10:00pm central.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Ketar wrote: »
    I own Near Dark on bluray. Now that my setup is running smoothly I could stream it sometime. It would have to be after my kids go to sleep though, so around 9:30-10:00pm central.

That’s way too late. Just mail me the blu ray.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Have they gotten to space yet?

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    the 11th one better be called The Last of the Furious

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    If the last Fast and Furious movie doesn’t have a moon buggy chase or have someone ride a car down from orbit and land joining another car chase, then the entire series will have failed.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    The 11th movie has the Fast and Furious family fighting Galactus.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for them to hook their cars together into a Megazord.

• Options
    I'm just waiting for the Transformers crossover.

• Options
    Chall wrote: »
    I'm waiting for them to hook their cars together into a Megazord.

That’s going to happen in 10.

Dom is the codpiece.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The 11th Fast and the Furious movie needs to have them go into orbit, retrieve the car that Elon Musk shot up there, and drive it back down to earth.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    The 11th Fast and the Furious movie needs to have them go into orbit, retrieve the car that Elon Musk shot up there, and drive it back down to earth.

Fuck

This is so good

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited October 2020

This does sound great, except for that it would mean Elon Musk gets more attention

Tynnan on
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »

This does sound great, except for that it would mean Elon Musk gets more attention

What if they only refer to him as "a rich asshole"?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Wasn't Barney already live-action?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Elon Musk? No no this car was launched into orbit by... Melon Husk

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    okay what are people's recommendations for this criterion flash sale

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Elon Musk? No no this car was launched into orbit by... Melon Husk

Colloquially known as Douchey McPunchface.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Alternately the last Fast and Furious movie is officially a Mad Max prequel.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.