As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŽฎ - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    YOU SHALL NOT TEMPT ME, DEVIL BOX

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Devil Box is a pretty good name for a console

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Stick yor goddam 'and, in the goddam box o' X's.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Uh wow. Somehow battletech got deleted off my computer. No idea how that happened but my 207 day campaign in it is lost forever.

Whoops.

@Munkus Beaver yikes that sucks!

Had you disabled cloud saves? Any chance your game is waiting in some Valve server farm for you to reinstall?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Huh, in Battletech I just gave Glitch a million cbills, and she came back a criminal with a salvage part for another star league Highlander

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Borderlands 3 is 50% off on Steam and being super late to the party has enabled me to buy it at this discount. Huzzah. I'll probably do a blind stream of it this weekend or something.
    ...it was this price when it launched on Steam. Good on you for waiting on that deal to come around again instead of paying full price, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Toby Fox is plugging along on Deltarune. Wrist problems causing some delays in development, and also heโ€™s still keeping the team pretty small and seems to not want to delegate some key stuff. Ch 2 he expects done by end of year, ch 3-? heโ€™s done most of the early planning, all of the writing, and half the music.

First chapter was really good so Iโ€™m excited for the next.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: ยป
    Borderlands 3 is 50% off on Steam and being super late to the party has enabled me to buy it at this discount. Huzzah. I'll probably do a blind stream of it this weekend or something.
    ...it was this price when it launched on Steam. Good on you for waiting on that deal to come around again instead of paying full price, though.
    Ooohhhhhhhhh yeah, I forgot about that.

If it wasn't for what's-his-name being a complete tool I probably would've been willing to buy it at full price.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Enter the Ring of Pain, a roguelike card crawler where encounters come to you. Each step around the ring a dire decision. Go for the loot or backstab a creeping horror? Meet strange friends bearing gifts and treasure. Choose your gear wisely to survive and discover the secrets of the Ring of Pain.
    20201015 Ring of Pain (Dungeon Crawler, Card Battler, Roguelite)

PUT YOUR GODDAMN CARDS IN THE GODDAMN RING O' PAIN

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hex Box

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

If it wasn't for what's-his-name being a complete tool I probably would've been willing to buy it at full price.

i did and i deeply deeply regret it. it's just not fun at all.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: ยป
    Hex Box

See, THAT would be a better name for new XBox, what with it being the sixth one.

• Options
    why thread title say ring of pain today

it says oct 15

• Options
    https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/first-person-sci-fi-thriller-the-invincible-announced-for-pc

YcIzYG6.jpg
    c7DrBjS.jpg
    2rk59kg.jpg
    The Invincible is a first-person Sci-Fi thriller set in a retro-future timeline. Waking up on a hostile planet, you embark on a mysterious mission to find the missing crew of your spaceship. Whilst trying to survive, terrifying secrets of the planet will unfold in front of you.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/731040/The_Invincible/

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    How come you always hear about stuff that's invincible but never stuff that's vincible

• Options

First thing I've heard so far that makes me want to check it out

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    How come you always hear about stuff that's invincible but never stuff that's vincible

People just aren't talking about you that much, I'm sorry

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

why do you park in a driveway but drive on a parkway???????????

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

I donโ€™t really have any information other than this tweet but the fact that slapped a copy of the Tron Legacy soundtrack on a musicianโ€™s desk and went โ€œThis, I want this.โ€ has me intrigued.

• Options
    And what is the deal with airline food?

• Options

iJBfbr7.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

I am surprised by this assessment, as I usually am in close agreement w/ Magic Pink about the enjoyability of games.

BL3 is a treat. Mechanically it's the best of the Borderlandses, w/ good gunplay, more interesting weapon variations, interesting maps and locations, varied character skills (and much faster access to them), and lots of UI quality of life improvements.

The story is a nothing burger and it does make you sit through unskippable cutscenes in which you, the protagonist, consistently fail to appear. That is frustrating, especially on subsequent playthroughs.

But if you liked BL, BL2 and BL:TPS, BL3 is more and mostly better gameplay.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Iolo wrote: ยป

I am surprised by this assessment, as I usually am in close agreement w/ Magic Pink about the enjoyability of games.

BL3 is a treat. Mechanically it's the best of the Borderlandses, w/ good gunplay, more interesting weapon variations, interesting maps and locations, varied character skills (and much faster access to them), and lots of UI quality of life improvements.

The story is a nothing burger and it does make you sit through unskippable cutscenes in which you, the protagonist, consistently fail to appear. That is frustrating, especially on subsequent playthroughs.

But if you liked BL, BL2 and BL:TPS, BL3 is more and mostly better gameplay.

The playable characters are REAL boring, y'all

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I just realized that the 3080 comes out in like 2 days, so now I'm sitting here trying to tell my broke brain that I do not need to spend $700 when my 1080 is still chewing up most games I throw at it.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Got a 1070 card here, and only a 1080p monitor, and I keep thinking "Man wouldn't it be nice to trace those rays...."

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Ya I have a 1440 monitor so I don't always hit 60 fps, but I'm ok with that.

But then I see what raytracing looks like in games like Control and wait.. mouse what are you doing? Get away from that purchase button.

It's rough.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    i should buy a 3090 so that I can play master of magic with full RTX ray tracing

i mean what else do would I do with $2000+ CDN

pay rent?

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

BPM is out today with a launch day discount:
    Normal Version $19.99 down to $17.99
    With Soundtrack Version $27.98 down to $22.40

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: ยป
    i should buy a 3090 so that I can play master of magic with full RTX ray tracing

pay rent?

Buy two 3080s and send one to me?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: ยป

pay rent?

Just think how many upscaling filters you can apply simultaneously.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I got real excited tio play Spelunky 2 today before learning that only the playstation version comes out today, and the PC version isn't for another 2 weeks

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm having a crisis of faith trying to keep myself from buying the PS4 version and considering it a trial period before just moving over to PC

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bda4jp7EXQ0

oh if I buy that 3090 I can finally replay this game from 2007 with all graphics options turned on

Brolo on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    October is next month.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    In theory if they multi-thread the remaster properly, it'll run great on most modern systems.

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: ยป
    October is next month.

No, that doesn't sound right.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    October is next month.

Well Ring o' Pain aint out yet.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    October is next month.

Well Ring o' Pain aint out yet.

Some stay dry and others feel the pain

also as it turns out i can't read, so yeah no ring of pain until next month!

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    In theory if they multi-thread the remaster properly, it'll run great on most modern systems.

I presume they've basically just re-created the original in their modern CRYENGINE game engine, so yeah it should multi-core quite well.

EDIT: Actually yeah I just checked on Wikipedia, Crysis: Remastered is on CRYENGINE V, the latest one. It should fucking rip.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
This discussion has been closed.