Black Lives Matter Thread 6

TefTef Registered User regular
Black Lives Matter.

Read up on some key BLM objectives here: https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

This thread we’re thinking about mutual aid, and necessary steps to look after yourself and your community.

https://medium.com/s/confessions-of-a-left-wing-prepper/progressive-prepping-101-online-resources-2a724e70f28e

Do what you can to help the movement. Send money, take to the street, volunteer your time, amplify black voices and/or change the minds of your friends and family.

This thread is for broadcasting BLM news, sharing praxis, as well commiserating and laughing with comrades.

Spoiler violent images and videos please, be careful about doxxing comrades; this is a public forum

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
TonkkaDee KaeTyphoid MannywanderingMayabirdMetzger Meisterchr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawBucketmanLadaiHappy Little MachineJaysonFourSixshotStriker

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Remember, the police state assassinated Jesus

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    DoodmannVegemyteDouglasDangerMagellGONG-00TynnanMetzger Meisterchr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawBucketmanTicaldfjamHappy Little MachineMatevdarunia106JaysonFourpainfulPleasanceXehalusLord_Asmodeus
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Apparently portland proud boy was still alive when police forced medics away

painfulPleasance
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I guess they didn't realize what side he was on.

Dee KaeNetscapeRoyceSraphimMayabirdA Dabble Of TheloniusMagic PinkRhesus PositiveOlivawBucketmanLadaiKristmas KthulhuBlackDragon480TankHammerMatevJaysonFourIloveslimesXehalusLord_Asmodeus
    Apparently portland proud boy was still alive when police forced medics away

I saw the same info earlier on twitter, allegedly posted by a street medic who was trying to help him. Fucking stupid if true

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    tynicchr1sh4ll3ttb3Bucketman
    I got some cash to spend on first aid or similar courses. If you’re keen to do one, or get a refresher, reach out via PM and let’s get something happening.

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Typhoid Mannychr1sh4ll3ttb3BucketmanKristmas KthulhuTox
  • HenroidHenroid Seize the Memes Registered User regular
    ACAB, 1312

Nobody likes me but that's okay. I'm used to it.
    I stream at night - /henroidt on Twitch
    TefDee KaeGONG-00Metzger Meisterchr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawBucketmanLadai
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    0doy4nw4j8k51.jpg
    Grain of salt and everything

t1iylq0d7o1p.png
    TefTonkkaLabelMs DapperDee KaeMan in the MistsShadowfireShortyVegemyteOne Thousand CablesRoyceSraphimTyphoid MannyFencingsaxMagellMidniteTynnanZonugalDevlin_Dragonuschr1sh4ll3ttb3KadithOlivawBucketmanBlackDragon480JoolanderHappy Little MachineTransporterMatevdarunia106JaysonFourSixshotStrikerpainfulPleasanceElvenshaeLord_Asmodeus
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    There are enough confirmed cases of police leaving people without medics and attacking medics that I believe it.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    KetBraRanlinTefsarukunMan in the MistsShadowfireDavid WalgasAistanSorceShortySkeithNetscapeThatDudeOverThereOne Thousand CablesDouglasDangerTyphoid MannyRoyceSraphimMayabirdFencingsaxDaypigeonnever dieStraightziMagellbalerbowerGONG-00MidniteTynnanMetzger MeisterZonugalBloodsheedDarth WaiterDevlin_Dragonuschr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawHacksawturtleantfacetiousBucketmanTNTrooperLadaiKruitekimeDarkPrimusTicaldfjamBlackDragon480Corp.ShephardJoolanderHappy Little MachineTransporterTankHammerMatevdarunia106JaysonFourSixshotStrikerpainfulPleasanceIloveslimesElvenshaeLord_AsmodeusGnome-Interruptus
    It was Fred Hampton’s birthday yesterday. Fred was the chair of the Chicago Black Panthers and assassinated by the fascist police state. He scared the fuck out of them, because he understood that the people needed to come together.

https://www.facebook.com/Redfishstream/videos/1119904618383579/?vh=e&extid=rd99YZWDiEd7cp7N

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Typhoid MannyDouglasDangerMayabirdsarukunMagellDoodmannchr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawfacetiousShortyTNTrooperTicaldfjamtynicSkeithBlackDragon480Man in the MistsHappy Little MachineTankHammerMatevJaysonFourpainfulPleasance
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited August 31

fine people on both sides
    Tef wrote: »
    It was Fred Hampton’s birthday yesterday. Fred was the chair of the Chicago Black Panthers and assassinated by the fascist police state. He scared the fuck out of them, because he understood that the people needed to come together.

https://www.facebook.com/Redfishstream/videos/1119904618383579/?vh=e&extid=rd99YZWDiEd7cp7N

the police are still so scared of him that they regularly shoot up his gravestone, as if by doing that they're making sure he stays dead. they were so scared of him back in the day that they busted into his home in the middle of the night and shot him dozens of times before he even could get out of bed, where he had been sleeping next to his pregnant girlfriend. i don't think it's ever been confirmed, but a rumor i have no trouble believing is true is that the police had a spy in the panthers drug him the day before they killed him, so he'd have no hope of resisting

they pulled out all the fuckin' stops to murder fred hampton

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
    SorceDee KaeMayabirdsarukunMagellVegemyteSporkAndrewchr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawShortyTNTrooperTefCurly_BraceJansonMan in the MistsHappy Little MachineTankHammerMatevpainfulPleasanceIloveslimes
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    The same statements he made on his website on the 27th.

Who knew he'd emulate trump?

Typhoid MannyMidniteBucketman
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Trump stopped both siding and is and calls the truck convoy that repeatedly assaulted people and destroyed property great patriots, So of course Biden had to jump into the empty space where both sides have fine people. Ugh

Dee KaeTyphoid MannyThatDudeOverThereMidniteOlivawfacetiousTNTrooperBucketmanDavid WalgastynicShadowfireJansonJoolanderHappy Little Machine

the police are still so scared of him that they regularly shoot up his gravestone, as if by doing that they're making sure he stays dead. they were so scared of him back in the day that they busted into his home in the middle of the night and shot him dozens of times before he even could get out of bed, where he had been sleeping next to his pregnant girlfriend. i don't think it's ever been confirmed, but a rumor i have no trouble believing is true is that the police had a spy in the panthers drug him the day before they killed him, so he'd have no hope of resisting

Judas something is a movie about it coming out soon.

honovere wrote: »
    Trump stopped both siding and is and calls the truck convoy that repeatedly assaulted people and destroyed property great patriots, So of course Biden had to jump into the empty space where both sides have fine people. Ugh

Oh, I didn't consider this at all. Oof. That makes it so much worse.

liberals are unable to effectively fight fascism because by the time the fascists get bad enough that it occurs to them that they need fighting against, political and social systems are already fundamentally, unfixably broken, and the main basic tenet of liberalism is that while reforms might be needed in some areas, even drastic ones, the fundamentals of our civilization are strong. if the flaws that cause this shit are in the bones of a civilization, liberalism doesn't have an answer for it

the idea that the problems begin and end with trump and once he's out of office things will improve is horrifically dangerous. strategically it's probably the right call on biden's part to take that tack, but there's not any reason to think he doesn't also personally believe it

DouglasDangerSorceDoodmannVegemyteMidniteMetzger MeisterZonugalchr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawHacksawfacetiousShortyBucketmantynicJansonSkeithBlackDragon480painfulPleasanceMan in the MistsHappy Little MachineMatevgtrmpdarunia106ironsizideqwer12Gnome-Interruptus

Judas something is a movie about it coming out soon.

Judas and the Black Messiah, set to come out early next year

MidniteTicaldfjamtynicShadowfire
    edited August 31
    Yeah uh, I always hated how it's trying to be framed that this is Trump's America, yeah no this is America.

Been a while since I listened to this.

Dee Kae on
    Typhoid MannyDoodmannMidniteOrcachr1sh4ll3ttb3OlivawBucketmanKristmas KthulhutynicJansonpainfulPleasanceHappy Little MachineTransporterTankHammerMatevdarunia106

a guy who ran for president in 2016 entirely on the back of his CIA experience says don't riot

Dee KaeDoodmannMidniteOlivawShortyBucketmanDarkPrimustynicShadowfireJansonMan in the MistsHappy Little Machinedarunia106wanderingGnome-Interruptus
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Sure would be nice if they could let people know exactly what time it's cool with their electoral strategy for people to demand cops be held accountable for murder and attempted murder.

Oh wait hold on I got a call. It's never the right time? Awesome.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    DoodmannMidniteZonugalOlivawBucketmanDavid WalgastynicBahamutZEROJansonSkeithMan in the MistsHappy Little Machine
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    0doy4nw4j8k51.jpg

There is actually video of this bit

Whether or not it was this medic, or the guy was alive at the moment, I can't say

CW: violence, it's the scene of the attack, so...

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    Typhoid MannyTynnanMidnitepainfulPleasanceDee Kae
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

The one twitter bot I might support is one that just posts "white moderates want peace, not justice" to every one of Biden's.

tynicJansonBlackDragon480Man in the MistsHappy Little MachineToxpookaGnome-Interruptus
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i'm the bat guy (bluh)Registered User regular

a guy who ran for president in 2016 entirely on the back of his CIA experience says don't riot

liEt3nH.png
    Typhoid MannyThatDudeOverThereMagellJohnny ChopsockyStiltsMidniteZonugalSorceOlivawfacetiousShortyTNTrooperBucketmanDarkPrimusKristmas KthulhupainfulPleasanceMan in the MistsHappy Little MachineTankHammersarukunToxdarunia106ironsizide
    "don't react to centuries of brutal systemic violence in the only way that will ever get the attention of the authorities, if you do that then the current face of that violence will stay in power and do more of it" would be a lot easier to stomach if every single time it wasn't followed up with "also we don't really see centuries of brutal systemic violence as a problem, and have no intention of doing anything about it if we take power"

the blue checkmarks wringing their hands about property damage don't give a fuck about police brutality, they want everyone to passively take it so they can keep pretending we're culturally in good shape

on the topic of blue checkmarks:
    4nxGuY7.jpg

MidnitefacetiousBucketmanBahamutZEROpainfulPleasanceBlackDragon480Man in the MistsHappy Little MachinesarukunVegemyteMetzger Meister
    Typhoid MannyMetzger Meisterchr1sh4ll3ttb3PolaritieOlivawHacksawfacetiousShortyTNTrooperLadaiBucketmanMagellkimeDarkPrimusnever dieMayabirdPerrsuntynicpainfulPleasanceCurly_BraceSkeithDoctorArchMan in the MistsJoolanderHappy Little MachineDee KaeTankHammerGONG-00sarukunVegemyteMatevSixshotStrikerironsizideXehalusGnome-Interruptus
    Cello wrote: »
    Coinage wrote: »
    0doy4nw4j8k51.jpg

There is actually video of this bit

Whether or not it was this medic, or the guy was alive at the moment, I can't say

CW: violence, it's the scene of the attack, so...

Watched video.

First, too many people surrounding the dude, crowding the medic.

Second, police push the crowd away and make no attempt to verify the medic (my sound off).

Third, after the police push the crowd away, there are people in the back attending to the man, but I cannot see from the video if they are performing active triage or just looking at the fellow.

All in all, while the protesters were not the model of precision on footage, there were medics on attempting to triage him, which was interrupted by police, and whenever the deceased did start getting triage, it was after precious seconds were taken away by the police.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular

Last Week Tonight with a pretty good roundup of the events in Kenosha and the RNC as it relates to these events.

Devlin_DragonusBucketmanTonkkaSixshotStrikerSeGaTai
    edited August 31
    It makes me sad that a lot of centrists are going to miss the point Oliver made about Biden not being the answer to racism in America, let alone any meaningful change.

And when that gets brought up to them they will say, "but he talked about voting down ballot, which is what we've been talking about."

Which will make me even sadder because they will continue to ignore the lack of candidates or support from party leadership for leftist candidates.

"It's your fault for not voting, not our fault for failing to support your candidates post primary."

Edit - Centrists are victim blamers.

Henroid on
    Metzger MeisterOlivawfacetiousDouglasDangerBucketmanTyphoid MannyMagellKetarDavid WalgasDarkPrimusTicaldfjamBlackDragon480Man in the MistsDee KaeHappy Little MachinesarukunVegemyteSixshotStrikerqwer12
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    might be drafted into the fight soon (facing homelessness lmfao)

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

CelloGarlic BreadOlivawfacetiousDouglasDangerBucketmanMayabirdtynicShadowfireHappy Little MachineHenroidMatev
    Straightzi wrote: »

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

just got in touch with my city councilperson to hopefully help

StraightziOlivawElaroStiltsBucketmanMidnitenever dietynicCelloShadowfireSkeithMan in the MistsDee KaeHappy Little MachinesarukunVegemyteMatevSorcedarunia106Dark Raven XElvenshae
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    it's only fair, those services will share video with the police and stuff. tit for tat, fuckfaces!

BucketmanSleepZonugalAistanTicaldfjamMayabirdRoyceSraphimBahamutZEROShadowfireSkeithMan in the MistsJoolanderGnizmoHappy Little MachineOrcasarukunVegemyteSorcedarunia106JaysonFourironsizideSporkAndrewElvenshaeLord_AsmodeusGnome-Interruptus
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    It makes me sad that a lot of centrists are going to miss the point Oliver made about Biden not being the answer to racism in America, let alone any meaningful change.

And when that gets brought up to them they will say, "but he talked about voting down ballot, which is what we've been talking about."

Which will make me even sadder because they will continue to ignore the lack of candidates or support from party leadership for leftist candidates.

"It's your fault for not voting, not our fault for failing to support your candidates post primary."

Edit - Centrists are victim blamers.

I liked that vid, but I think Oliver actually intentionally soft pedaled the lack of candidate options, and the degree to which Biden will be unhelpful. He could have made that point much stronger.

ThatDudeOverThereOlivawMidnite
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    I think that's probably the subject of a larger video (that they probably wouldn't do, honestly), but the important message there still works, which is that voting only helps so much, and even in a best case scenario with the coming election, there will still be work to be done

OlivawMagellBucketmanMidniteDevlin_DragonusRoyceSraphimtynicMan in the MistsHappy Little MachineHenroidSorceElvenshaeGnome-Interruptus
    that gives the good brain chemicals

TicaldfjamThatDudeOverTherePinfeldorfTyphoid MannyOlivawCurly_BraceSkeithchr1sh4ll3ttb3LadaiBucketmanKraintMidniteBloodsheedHappy Little MachineAzraithMatevSorcedarunia106

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    H0b0manTicaldfjamDoodmannKetarFencingsaxDevlin_DragonusJohnny ChopsockyKayne Red RobeSolarBahamutZEROOlivawShadowfireShortySkeithLabelBlackDragon480Stiltschr1sh4ll3ttb3KetBraTonkkaLadaiBucketmanKraintMidniteHacksawDarkPrimusDarth WaiterMan in the MistsKelorTransporterDee KaefacetiousHappy Little MachineOrcasarukunKristmas KthulhuVegemyteMatevgtrmpSorcedarunia106ironsizideSporkAndrewqwer12Rhesus PositivepainfulPleasanceElvenshae
This discussion has been closed.