Options

Line Rider for the DS and Wii

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
If this is old please forgive.

I was emptying out my feeds list and I spotted and article on Joystiq talking about a little game called Line Rider coming for the DS and Wii.

Apparently the Wii and DS version will have multiplayer too ...

For those of you that haven't heard of it, basically Line Rider is a game where you draw a picture .... and then your little guy rides through it ... It's abit hard to explain but if you watch the vids it's pretty self explanatory.

I was playing around with the game abit earlier, it's pretty addictive. I attempted to draw a map with a guy shooting down the Penny Arcade logo ... it was abit of a disaster :P I bet the guys in Artist's Corner could do alot better.

Anyways you can play around with Line Rider here and build your own little playground.

Bamelin on

• Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    they better charge $5 for it

Deusfaux on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fuck yeah, awesome! I love seeing these kind of indie games make good with actual console releases.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Fuck yeah, awesome! I love seeing these kind of indie games make good with actual console releases.

I've been noticing that there seems to be alot of new really neat little indy stuff happening on all three consoles.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Something tells me there is just not enough.. er content. To warrant a retail game.

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Something tells me there is just not enough.. er content. To warrant a retail game.
    For the DS, yes. Not everyone has a tablet and can draw a nice picture with a mouse. For the rest, though, no.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I made one track, tried to make a loop-de-loop, failed horribly, and quit....... I dont see this succeeding much

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I made one track, tried to make a loop-de-loop, failed horribly, and quit....... I dont see this succeeding much

I've gone through the same thing. What I suspect this needs to succeed on the consoles are some premade track components...loops, different curves..etc, that can be resized and modified easily for those of us not so naturally inclined.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What's stopping me from just loading this up in the Wii browser (other than the flash player not being up to date)?

They HAVE to add some stuff to it, right?

Remington on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Perhaps a challenge or puzzle mode, where you have to hit some gates and end in a certain spot, loop around a point, or follow some basic restrictions. The game could flesh out into quite an excellent title, actually.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Remington wrote: »
    What's stopping me from just loading this up in the Wii browser (other than the flash player not being up to date)?

They HAVE to add some stuff to it, right?
    Apparently the Wii and DS version will have multiplayer

Couscous on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, so that's gotta make it competitive somehow, right? I just don't really get how they'll do that.

The only thing I'm thinking is "get from point A to point B and dont use more than 'x' ink"

Remington on
  • Options
    nihilnihil Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    well they did add a "story mode" to geometry wars. I like, this seems like a good time destroyer, plus it should be super easy to make it play on the ninty wifi. that'd be nice.

nihil on
    doubttom.png

on the ps3 - doubttom
    on wii - 2056 0358 8899 2028
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Remington wrote: »
    Yeah, so that's gotta make it competitive somehow, right? I just don't really get how they'll do that.

The only thing I'm thinking is "get from point A to point B and dont use more than 'x' ink"

Do as many loops as possible without using more than "X" ink.
    See how long you can continue without crashing while avoiding obstacle that the game makes.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    In theory the game should be fun. I'm determined to find that fun. It just may take awhile.

Bamelin on