Trying to have fun with drawing rather than trying to be perfect nowadays...

m.brooks42m.brooks42 Registered User regular
I figure it will help me be more consistent and less hard on myself. Here's a drawing I did recently. Hope you like :) Feel free to share your thoughts on being consistent or staying motivated and share your work too!
dyj7utw33a4a.jpg

tynicPeasDidgeridooIrukadanxAim

• gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    I found it helped to include non-human subjects to reduce the stress of perfectionism. As humans, we are so intensely attuned to what a "right" face looks like that relatively small imperfections have an outsized impact. Still lifes, landscapes, and animals can offer a way to practice that doesn't trigger that reflex.

I've got a book! Angels, innovations, and the hubris of tiny things: Seraphim
    Didgeridoom.brooks42YoshisummonsGrifter
  • m.brooks42m.brooks42 Registered User regular
    gavindel wrote: »
    I found it helped to include non-human subjects to reduce the stress of perfectionism. As humans, we are so intensely attuned to what a "right" face looks like that relatively small imperfections have an outsized impact. Still lifes, landscapes, and animals can offer a way to practice that doesn't trigger that reflex.

That's a really good idea :)