As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agni [Chat]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNI1OQ7S44Y

Avatar really needed Michael Dorn as a Fire Nation character who could talk about honour.

I mean Sulu was in that one episode so it fits, right?

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Oh, we're not going to talk about the other Agni Kai (and its music), are we?

(spoilers for a 12 year old TV show)

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I looked up the definition of Contessa.

And it is an Italian Countess.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    ??

h317cvmr2diy.jpg

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Oh, we're not going to talk about the other Agni Kai (and its music), are we?

(spoilers for a 12 year old TV show)

The reason you have it in spoilers is why I went with the one with Lucius Malfoy instead.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    you ever have a feeling you had a really weird and unsettling dream but you can't remember what was so weird or unsettling about it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Rhesus that's the best joke I've seen in my entire life.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I looked up the definition of Contessa.

And it is an Italian Countess.

so the barefoot contessa just named herself a count? that is bold!

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    you ever have a feeling you had a really weird and unsettling dream but you can't remember what was so weird or unsettling about it

Once or twice. I'm convinced I was imagining unpleasant plot developments in stories I was following at the time.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »

Yes, that's the anxiety monster lurking around in the background. I have those dreams all the time, they're awful!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    It's monday and I barely slept!

This is gonna go well!

Also, fuck printers! Fuck 'em! Let's get rid of them entirely! IT'LL SORT ITSELF OUT, WE DON'T NEED THEM

Every printer can die in a fire. I hate them all. Whenever anyone asks me to fix a printer, my immediate first question is "Why?" and then I follow up with at least two more challenges over what the point is of printing the thing.

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

This is gonna go well!

Also, fuck printers! Fuck 'em! Let's get rid of them entirely! IT'LL SORT ITSELF OUT, WE DON'T NEED THEM

Every printer can die in a fire. I hate them all. Whenever anyone asks me to fix a printer, my immediate first question is "Why?" and then I follow up with at least two more challenges over what the point is of printing the thing.

I work at a school. There's so much printing.

So much.

Latest development is that where previously AirPrint was working, now we might need to install a printer driver on these macs in order to print to a particular printer.

But we don't give out admin access, so the person who will have to install the printer driver on 50+ laptops and then add the printer via IP is me and that's awful and I hate it.

• Options
    I think the hardest part with being a printer is often you'll be printing stuff that you know is bad; grammar or design errors but the client didn't see it in approval and you can't go back and forth 20 times on your own volition and they're the creators and will probably get pissed if you point out how they suck.

I'd have a tough time just turning off "being good" and going forward with other people's shitty material.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I had to print a form to get access to secure government cloud regions at work

Guys i used to have a clearance, do you maybe just want to look that up

I had to have my friends print it and have it ready for me in his backyard when we gathered.

Then i forgot it and had to get it the next time

Then I transferred out of the group before i filled it out

sig.gif
  • Options
    The other Agni Kai
    I like that Zuko totally won the fight. No he didn't defeat Azula, but he was in complete control.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh ffs the kiddo sneezed at school and had a “fever” which he didnt have as he left for school

So now he has to get a covid test or be outta school for two weeks

Like wtf are they going to do as these kids get colds or or shit

Half the school can’t be out cause of the common cold

• Options

This is gonna go well!

I work at a school. There's so much printing.

So much.

Latest development is that where previously AirPrint was working, now we might need to install a printer driver on these macs in order to print to a particular printer.

But we don't give out admin access, so the person who will have to install the printer driver on 50+ laptops and then add the printer via IP is me and that's awful and I hate it.

You might know this, but I took my handle from the first problem I had to solve as a Jr network admin - Novell Netware Client for Win95 generating spool32 errors when sending jobs to a network printer.

It's like putting the head of the bear that nearly killed you on your living room wall.

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    I think the hardest part with being a printer is often you'll be printing stuff that you know is bad; grammar or design errors but the client didn't see it in approval and you can't go back and forth 20 times on your own volition and they're the creators and will probably get pissed if you point out how they suck.

I'd have a tough time just turning off "being good" and going forward with other people's shitty material.
    Fast signs will call me and tell me I have a tupo before they make it.

• Options
    I'm not going to get a cold or the flu this winter because I am social distancing and wearing a mask to avoid COVID. My guard is up.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Had a great weekend.

GF and I went hiking in Maryland with one of her friends. Watched Greatest Showman last night because she wanted to see it. And then did Kol Nidre late with the live stream from my old temple. Nothing like recanting all the sins people do and remembering all the ones you do. GF has been super cool about sitting through both Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur with me.

And now I am fasting. And working because I forgot to take today off. And she is doing it with me which is neat. I told her she didn't have to.

But its super cute and hard to describe how much I appreciate it. I am not super religious but sometimes the ritual is comforting.

Especially in times like 2020.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Oh ffs the kiddo sneezed at school and had a “fever” which he didnt have as he left for school

So now he has to get a covid test or be outta school for two weeks

Like wtf are they going to do as these kids get colds or or shit

Half the school can’t be out cause of the common cold

Some parents will definitely give their kid tylenol if they have a fever in the morning and send them to school anyway because they aren't taking stuff seriously

So schools who are taking it seriously will definitely quarantine or require a test for that. So on the plus side, that's good that the school is taking it seriously!

• Options

I've never had someone catch anything but then I MAKE HIGH QUALITY ORIGINALS so what's there to catch.

Nothing.

• Options

hello, zepherin? This is Fast Signs Forum Post desk, and

• Options
  • Options
    Also I made a post about typos with a tupo and none of you caught it. Shame on you all.

Yeah I know it's there, and you can't do anything about it. Living on the edge.

• Options
    ahem

• Options
    ahem
    Correcting me incorrectly pointing out that nobody corrected me is top tier.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Also I made a post about typos with a tupo and none of you caught it. Shame on you all.

Yeah I know it's there, and you can't do anything about it. Living on the edge.

I choose to respect your art.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Fast Signs at Ridgemont High

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I've been selling stuff on ebay so I finally broke down and bought a printer this weekend to make labels.

I tried to buy the dumbest simplest black and white printer possible.

...but I'm also going to start looking at large format epsons because I cleared out a bunch of garage space and could theoretically start printing art out there.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Printers are garbage and obsolete in most situations.

Proof is that 95% of people who used printers are working from home and haven't printed anything thing since March, and nobody even realizes it until someone brings it up.

Specialized label and inventory tracking printers are kind of the exception, but also the most garbage and pain in the ass since Zebra probably hasn't manufactured a new one or updated drivers since 1987.

• Options
    I need to ship some DVD sized things, like video games I'm ebaying

Anyone have bubble mailers they can recommend from amazon or whatever? Whenever I look I have a hard time finding ones that aren't ridiculously expensive or ridiculously cheap and flimsy.

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I've been selling stuff on ebay so I finally broke down and bought a printer this weekend to make labels.

...but I'm also going to start looking at large format epsons because I cleared out a bunch of garage space and could theoretically start printing art out there.

Goodwill always has old printers in stock.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    my dad insists on printing things "for his records" but also unplugs it every time he uses it

i'm not sure why computers, televisions, microwaves and literally every other piece of technology in the house are plugged in forever but the printer requires special treatment

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Update to yesterday, finding out from my boss doing contact tracing: I worked in close contact with a positive tested coworker etc etc

So I’ve been here for 80 minutes and three separate times he’s called and asked how I’m feeling and had me temp. Averaging once every 27 minutes!! Haha

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

I had to print a label to mail some stuff two or three months ago and tried pretty hard to figure out if it was something I could do with a 3d print instead of fucking with ten year old ink cartridges in our regular printer that we haven't powered on since 2017.

I ended up just going to the post office and having them print the label.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    What would you talk about with the head of BD (business development?) in an interview/conversation?

I assume not HR stuff like relocation.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    my dad insists on printing things "for his records" but also unplugs it every time he uses it

i'm not sure why computers, televisions, microwaves and literally every other piece of technology in the house are plugged in forever but the printer requires special treatment

you can't be too careful with those fuckers

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    And the first wave of hunger is hitting.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    1200?cb=20140712120933

?

This discussion has been closed.