As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the [chat]oneer

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    *steeples hands*
    These are... good dogs

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    All 3 seasons of Young Justice is on HBO. It's as good as the Justice League cartoon.

I'm halfway through the third season now after watching the first two as they aired.

Honestly the show was a little shaky at times early on but ever since the first time jump I think it's been as good as anything in the DCAU

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    What is a cool show to watch on HBO Max or Amazon Prime? I have already watched Doom Patrol.

I guess I could watch The Boys. That seems a little too dark for me.

HBO:
    Lovecraft Country
    His Dark Materials
    Euphoria

Amazon:
    Good Omens
    The Marvelous Ms Maisel
    The Man in the High Castle

The new Nick Frost & Simon Pegg jam Truth Seekers is worth a watch too.

Yeah. I already watched Truth Seekers. The story got a little too silly towards the end.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    What is a cool show to watch on HBO Max or Amazon Prime? I have already watched Doom Patrol.

HBO:
    Lovecraft Country
    His Dark Materials
    Euphoria

Amazon:
    Good Omens
    The Marvelous Ms Maisel

He said a cool show

i will fite u

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    *steeples hands*
    These are... good dogs

eddy should i buy a warming thing like yours

for christmas or whatever

sig.gif
  • Options
    *steeples hands*
    These are... good dogs

eddy should i buy a warming thing like yours

for christmas or whatever

Oh my god my feet are so warm and toasty in their little electric pita pocket

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    When I ordered my new phone I also ordered some air pods pro, so I'm one of those guys now.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    they fall out of my ears some but so far not to an annoying extent.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Is this fabled foot warmer an immovable device or a wearable one could move around in?

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    they fall out of my ears some but so far not to an annoying extent.

A friend was trying to sell me on them for bike riding purposes but they didn't really have a response to "Ok but what happens when one of my $160 ear buds falls out while crossing a six lane street?"

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »
    Is this fabled foot warmer an immovable device or a wearable one could move around in?

The one I got is basically an electric blanket with a pocket in it for feet, so not very mobile

There did seem to be like, heated ugg looking things online though

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »

The one I got is basically an electric blanket with a pocket in it for feet, so not very mobile

There did seem to be like, heated ugg looking things online though

Sounds like a good gift for my wife. She has the ice foot.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Got a Shiny Virizion on my first raid for it ever @spool32
    i am pokemon go master huehuehue

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    I work from home and sit at my desk most of the day so it’s perfect for me

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

HBO:
    Lovecraft Country
    His Dark Materials
    Euphoria

Amazon:
    Good Omens
    The Marvelous Ms Maisel

He said a cool show

i will fite u

Seriously what’s cooler than Abe Weissman

I feel like and and Sammich would get along quite well

• Options
    Thanks for the show suggestions. Now, I got something to work with.

• Options
    I could blow more money and get Disney+ and watch The Mandalorian.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I liked The Vow on HBO, which is a documentary about the NVXIM sex cult

(It’s not as good as Wild, Wild Country, but what is?)

• Options
    The Vow was far more disturbing to me than Wild, Wild, Country but I think that's largely because WWC was before my time and NVXIM was frighteningly recent.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Careful. If you watch the show, you'll want the merch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K05IDRmtx30

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Careful. If you watch the show, you'll want the merch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K05IDRmtx30

I already bought a plush for my sister for Christmas. It is not a remote one though.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ugh, something happened to me today that's absolutely hilarious that there's no good place here to mention.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

Have you seen the Documentary Now! episode based on Wild Wild Country?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    (It's too political for Chat, i think, but it's not serious enough for a politics thread.)

• Options
    Broadcast TV sucks butt today. I don't know why I bother.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

Have you seen the Documentary Now! episode based on Wild Wild Country?

no! I'm not familiar with that show, either

• Options
    The restaurant accidentally left the spicy queso off this order

rip my queso dreams

• Options
    This is on Amazon Prime. Seems funny.

• Options
    This is on Amazon Prime. Seems funny.
    dunno if you're doing a bit or not but i'm not sure. is that the movie thats horribly depressing that was marketed as a comedy?

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Sister Act? It's a comedy.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    or I have a twisted sense of humour.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Sister Act is a comedy

there's some serious bits in it but yeah

it's a comedy

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The quiet nun was one of my early celebrity crushes.

• Options
    Sister act isn't even about sisters, it's about nuns.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    kigga7rdkv2i.jpg

Our cattle dog is getting bigger and also hard to take pictures of sitting still.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I had to assault a bandit camp in Rimworld that was like 12 or 14 hexes over from my colony, and heavy snow meant that draft animals couldn't graze and progress would be super slow regardless

better idea: I stripped four of my best guys down to flak vests and rifles, no other provisions - anything to get weight down

at 150kg permitted weight, I could fit two pawns each into a pair of Transport Pods, and launched it at the camp

They landed, razed the camp, deconstructed the metal flooring and fixtures to recover the (heavy) steel needed to set-up a new Pod Launcher and a pod

I sent one more pod loaded with the components and fuel, and they used that to complete the pod launcher, fuel it, and launch themselves home

what would've been 15-20 travel days got done in about 12 hours

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I decided to watch The Tick on Amazon Prime. Pretty good so far.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I had to assault a bandit camp in Rimworld that was like 12 or 14 hexes over from my colony, and heavy snow meant that draft animals couldn't graze and progress would be super slow regardless

better idea: I stripped four of my best guys down to flak vests and rifles, no other provisions - anything to get weight down

at 150kg permitted weight, I could fit two pawns each into a pair of Transport Pods, and launched it at the camp

They landed, razed the camp, deconstructed the metal flooring and fixtures to recover the (heavy) steel needed to set-up a new Pod Launcher and a pod

I sent one more pod loaded with the components and fuel, and they used that to complete the pod launcher, fuel it, and launch themselves home

How big was the camp?

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

How big was the camp?

12 tribal-tech bandits

i got paid in advance, which was good, since I couldn't ship anything back

they didn't stand a chance, although one of them got my builder good with a stray arrow which was dicey for a minute

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I think everything is packed. Now to see if it fits in the car....

This discussion has been closed.