As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-heim. Valhalla has no backlogs.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Hello there!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The main difficulty with this Steam sale for me is that Cyberpunk 2077 is right around the corner and I picked up Ghost of Tsushima last Friday on sale from Amazon.

Logically speaking, the only game I should spend money on at this point is preordering Cyberpunk but I've been putting it off just in case a last minute deal pops up.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    Hello there!

General Kenobi!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Bastion soundtrack made me break down in tears.

Steam taking 3 hours to download 300 mb of terraria is making me break out in something

• Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Nominated Rocksmith for the Labour of Love award. High quality DLC every week from 2011 to 2020. Sure, they did an update/new game in 2014, but even just counting six years of weekly DLC is still incredibly impressive.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    Hello there!

General Kenobi!

Are you sure it isn't Bob?

Or Dave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIkfBh3gYT4

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Was never really a fan of Doom before.

After taking Doom 2016 (fixed the controller issues) for a spin, I think I am now. Its won me over pretty hard.

Only planned to play about 40 minutes tonight, sunk in three hours.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

After taking Doom 2016 (fixed the controller issues) for a spin, I think I am now. Its won me over pretty hard.

Once the controller issues were resolved, you were doomed.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

You should play some OG Doom. It's real gud.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Hades is the best roguelike VN matchmaking/dating simulator where you can make a Fury, a Greek hero, and a boulder part of your harem in the neverending quest to prove yourself to dad.

This is, actually, exactly what's not interesting to me about it. Roguelike, visual novel, and dating sim are three of the game genres I'm least interested in. Which is fine! I don't need to like every game, or have every game be "for me". I just feel . . . odd? That all these elements together seems so compelling to so many people. I just assumed those were all super-niche genres by themselves, which I also assumed would make the game even more niche. And I've seen the game in play, whatever alchemy is hitting for everyone else just wasn't interesting me.

To be fair, I'm really not a fan of VN or dating sims and Hades is nothing like them. You just have the unique opportunity to create some unique love interests is all. It's just mostly a Roguelike where you get to have fun making broken builds of abilities from the gods (Oh man, every time I attack my weapon stacks poison on enemies, heals me, and makes enemies explode for AoE freezing/slowing damage when they die!).

But as it's often said, to each their own.

I think that the core being a rogue-like is really what kills my interest the most. I feel a lot like rogue-likes don't respect my time, basically. If every time I die I have to start all the way at the beginning, fight through things just to claw a little more advancement out of a game . . . well, that's what made me retire Rogue Legacy. I wasn't good enough at the controls to be good, and I wasn't exactly making enough money or rewards sinking my time into it to reward excessive play time.

I'm more likely to invest in that Romancelvania game that recently got Kickstarted if I want VN/Romance elements attached to a game since I at least enjoy the gameplay of Metroidvanias.

I will say that the way I played Doom and Doom II (the originals was through GZDoom and it was honestly excellent. Being able to use a controller really personally helped me enjoy the oldies more, and getting to scour all the old stages really made me appreciate exactly how much of Doom's DNA is a puzzle-filled labyrinth as well as being a demon-killing good time. There was also something about it being 3d instead of "3D" that helped me appreciate the early stuff more.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Hades isn’t likely to come to Xbox or ps any time soon hey? I might bite the bullet and just buy it on steam. I prefer gaming on my consoles but I’m getting too much fomo with hades

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Most recent statement I could find on the subject

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Hmm seems like it might be a bit off, I’ll see if I can resist the urge to add to my pc backlog

• Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Blackout Z: Slaughterhouse Edition is free to keep until next year, January 4, 2021.

r8860ir4teiw.jpg

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I got a message from @Iolo expressing his thanks on Turkey Day by giving me the gift of the entire freakin' season pass for BATTLETECH.

He also added that there was no need for me to acknowledge this in the thread.
    jDOKRMi.jpg
    You know what to do.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Returning to PC gaming after a long time away.

Does steam still do the flash sale stuff or can I just buy games whenever?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

There have not been flash sales for at least two years.

Whatever's on sale will remain at the discounted rate for the duration.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

I'd add that the best deals are often not on Steam anyway. If you want a game cheap, check www.isthereanydeal.com
    All stores listed there are reputable stores. (No shady key resellers etcet.)

It also shows you the price history of games, which gives you a good idea if a deal is truely special.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hiya @MegaMan001 - welcome back!

Yeah, we traded dailies and flash sales for the ability to refund games a few years back. Less exciting to be sure, but a worthwhile trade up overall. :)

As far as the Steam sales go, the sale price is the sale price (with the one caveat at this time of year that the Winter Sale is not so far from the Thanksgiving sale, and could have a better price. This year Winter Sales starts 12/22.) SanderJK is certainly right that you can check IsThereAnyDeal.com to see if Steam keys can be had at better prices elsewhere. Control is 50% off at $20 on Steam this sale, but you can grab a Steam key on IndieGala right now for the historic low price of $17. When buying keys on third party sites, always make sure it's a Steam key, if that's what you want (vs. Epic Game Store or direct download or some such) and that there are no region restrictions that would affect you or a giftee.

You probably know all of that aside from the flash deals thing. This overexplaining brought to you by the letter "S" and the number "10." :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    pbz977zut1fe.png

It was three gifts, Steam. Three gifts.

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Another recommendation for isthereanydeal - has helped me save heaps

Also, it's not listed on ITAD but avoid G2A like the plague - shady, shady people on that site, and the folks who run it are no better

Questor on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    pbz977zut1fe.png

It was three gifts, Steam. Three gifts.

:bro:

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Steam Awards!

I hate that I can't nominate HZD for, like, everything. And some categories I just can't think of anything to slot in. And, of course, VR I have no clue at all... so Alyx it is.

What did y'all pick?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Happy Thanksgiving, Steam Thread!

I have much to be thankful for, not least several forumers who saw fit to class up my inbox!
    JCmLkKK.png
    hXqrQKM.png
    sTs9QWP.png
    Jd9tsVI.png
    k7QPlmn.png
    FY100Fe.png
    Jw25awE.png

An Adventure Team chat conversation about tents and backpacking inspired @Pixelated Pixie to send me one of her favorite RPGs, Greedfall, which she confidently asserts "has tents in it." Yay - I love tents!
    @Morkath (not here to see this - but for completeness) send me The Hunter: Call of the Wild and an ATV DLC for it as well. That is lovely and appreciated, but may perhaps be confused in terms of how much combustion engine is involved in "backpacking." :)
    Klassy @Karoz sent me nothing less than Baldur's Gate 3, which is amazing! I love the old Infinity Engine games, and I love Larian. I'm looking forward to this getting finished and polished in early access and coming out next year. <3
    A conversation in chat about the old game Robot Odyssey that progressively taught programming/chip design in a series of increasingly difficult puzzle rooms led discussion of some excellent modern games with that theme, which led to @Mugsley very thoughtfully sending me a couple - Shenzhen I/O and Human Resource Machine!
    And @Questor felt the spirit of our 10th anniversary week and sent me Mainframe Defenders, which is a sweet looking turn-based tactics game with robots!

Thanks so much to all of you. You've given me a very bright start to my Thanksgiving! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I mentioned in the chat that I have to take one of my kittehs to the vet later on, as the right side of his face has swollen up some... @Questor took this opportunity to gift me Catmaze. Thank you! <3
    j74l2a3pwa72.jpg

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the tips everyone!

Huge discount on Tales of Beseria and might pull the trigger on DBZ Kakarot, which by most accounts is terrible, but I really like the idea of a DBZ RPG.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie wastes no time on thanksgiving and send me cheer via fun sounding games.

38ths993d1lm.png

Thanks!

• Options
    edited November 2020

Really oldschool FPS like Wolfenstein, Doom, Duke Nukem, etc, just really aren't my thing.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie never misses an opportunity to kick someone when they're down. Thanks for Shadow of War. Jerk. :P

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    I really wish the chainsaw would just automatically attack/be used whenever you press the left face button though.

Feels kind of unnecessary having to actually switch it in and then switch back out when you're only going to be using it for a second.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    n43qzeg0kyzm.png

pyasnfeo9zmj.png

q97ezksbke2e.png

Things were done.

Thanks @Mugsley for some hentai, @Questor for Love n Dream, and @übergeek for Chimera Squad (which I'm shocked I didn't already have. I could've sworn I did!).

<3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Classy bastard @übergeek just hit me with Simulacra 2. Thanks a bunch <3

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Triple B (FiveAgainst1) for Beat Cop. I've been waiting on getting it with a bunch of other stuff after my upgrades, and now I won't have to wait on this one.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Oh man Ion Fury is great. It makes me so happy to see a new build engine game. Seeing old game engines get some new love is awesome. The game looks amazing, but like many of you I grew up with these games and still think they look great. I know it got pretty good reviews, so hopefully we see more games with the build engine or other older game engines. Just because we can make games basically photo realistic at this point doesn't always mean we have to. These games have a charm to them that newer games just can't seem to nail, at least imo.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    So I was literally not even typing in chat, minding my own business watching a YouTube video when @destroyah87 snipes me in the face with No Man's Sky. This man is a menace and should be gifted with the utmost prejudice. <3

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Thanks to @destroyah87 for Ori and the Will of the Wisps. The meme is starting to become real and that worries me......

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

A lot of great comments already in this thread. Another thing you can look into is subscription services. On Steam you to get EA play for $30/yr (or $5/mo) which gives you access to a couple hundred or so games. I signed up for that to get Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Unraveled 1 & 2, and Jedi Fallen Order, but ended up with quite a few more games I enjoyed playing. (Directly from EA there's a higher tier that has newer games)

There's also Microsoft GamePass for PC which include EA play, plus a ton of others.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Man, I miss flash sales. They brought so much more excitement to the sales.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I WAS JUST MONSTERED AGAIN BY ANOTHER MONSTER!
    VTOeh14.png
    SPOILER: IT WORKED!
    much thanks fonjo for Frostpunk! <3<3<3

What did the thread title say about clicking links in chat?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.