Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    * it inexplicably ejected a disc once

It wasn't hungry.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    * it inexplicably ejected a disc once

This will happen more and more as it gets older. Nothing to be ashamed of.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Trying to finish up Spider-Man Remastered, and I remember why I had such a hard time finishing this game when it came out on PS4...
    Every time it takes Spider-Man out of my control and forces me in to an instafail stealth sequence as MJ or Miles, I basically want to turn the game off. I get what they were going for, but it's a gimmick they use far too often and completely defeats the purpose of me wanting to play a Spider-Man game.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    EBGames and Walmart are getting stock in Canada at 8 tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Beat Miles Morales last night. Damn that was a good ending. Still need to go back and do all the Crimes for that achievement, and a couple of the combat achievements too. Then grab the few NG+ required ones eventually. (Gonna wait on that for awhile though. Play some other stuff first.)

Tip: 2 side missions don’t open up until after the credits roll. 1 I think everyone knows about. The other I won’t spoil but it’s a must play.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Now I'm curious. I remember one that was very....
    familial.
    What was the other one?

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    The Twitter handle I follow for alerts has had multiple batches come through US Costco, US Best Buy, Canada Walmart, Canada EB, etc. I don't know whether it's encouraging to see them continue to pop up, or just depressing that they're all still sold through in <1 m.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Antonline has been pretty consistently having drops every few days, but it's always bundles. They still sell out pretty quickly, though. Speaking of which, despite my order saying 10 day shipping, apparently UPS has my package for delivery today. I'm gonna be staring out the window all day for that brown truck.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Yakuza already starting to hit sales for $35. I think holding off playing it til the PS5 version was a good play. Should be able to get it sub $30 by then no problem. Hopefully a digital sale by then too.
    So... I've been waiting for the PS5 version as well, but... because they originally said that saves wouldn't carry over between PS4 and PS5 version, I assumed we were getting a separate (and separately priced) release for PS5. So I had assumed that while the PS4 release might be discounted in 2021, the PS5 one would launch at $70 (or whatever). Am I wrong?

I guess they handled this on Xbox with Smart Delivery, with a free upgrade, but I assumed that was part of their whole timed exclusivity for next gen thing and I wasn't anticipating this for PS5. If I can get this on sale around when it launches on PS5, that'd be pretty dope.

Just don't tell @Qanamil. He demands that I play through every other Yakuza before I get to 7. And he's just coming off of Platinuming literally every single one of them in a row, so he's not fucking around.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Big Classy wrote: »
    familial.
    What was the other one?
    Annoyingly, it's the Spider-Cat in the backpack costume (not a spoiler, considering that it was blasted on trailers all throughout the release of the game). Can't get that costume until you beat the campaign.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    The Twitter handle I follow for alerts has had multiple batches come through US Costco, US Best Buy, Canada Walmart, Canada EB, etc. I don't know whether it's encouraging to see them continue to pop up, or just depressing that they're all still sold through in <1 m.

Yeah, I tried to get one this morning and failed miserably.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »

Yeah, I tried to get one this morning and failed miserably.

You have to be there before the alert even goes out, seems like.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    familial.
    What was the other one?
    Annoyingly, it's the Spider-Cat in the backpack costume (not a spoiler, considering that it was blasted on trailers all throughout the release of the game). Can't get that costume until you beat the campaign.

I did my NG+ run in that costume. It was great.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    familial.
    What was the other one?

! That's so sad to know I won't be able to play with that from the start!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    familial.
    What was the other one?

It's so hilarious seeing all the cutscenes being undercut by a meowing cat that kept popping up out of the backpack at humorously timed intervals. A++, would recommend for any NG+ run.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I realize that these companies have a captive audience and they can do whatever they want to boost their sales. But some of those bundles are pretty bad.

Like... I missed the AntOnline bundle. In fact I've never even heard of that site until today. But looking at that bundle, there's no way I'd buy that. I already own Last of Us Part 2, I actually already own Demon's Souls since I bought it yesterday at Gamestop with trade-in credit, and I don't really have any need for two extra controllers. That's just a whole bunch of crap I don't need or want.

Likewise, Gamestop had some pretty ridiculous bundles too, like including the $99.99 enhanced edition of NBA 2K21 in their bundle, along with I think it was a PS Vue subscription card.

I mean, I get it. They're trying to make as much money as they can. But it still feels dirty.

• Options
    Ahhhh! It's finally here! It's a real thing and not just a picture on the internet!

Also, I know y'all said this console was big but got damn! It's a chonky boy. Even the box it came in seemed huge. Heavy too. I probably won't have time to hook it up and mess around with it until tomorrow but damn it feels good to finally get my mitts on it and for the tireless PS5 hunt to finally be over.

And yeah, it was an AntOnline bundle that left me with 2 games and an extra controller I don't really want, but at least I paid MSRP. Beats paying those asshole scalpers. Fuck them with a splintered wooden spoon. Plus I figure I can sell or trade in the stuff I don't want.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    familial.
    What was the other one?

It's so hilarious seeing all the cutscenes being undercut by a meowing cat that kept popping up out of the backpack at humorously timed intervals. A++, would recommend for any NG+ run.
    Falling down from a mile in the sky and landing on the cat backpack was pretty gnarly, lol.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Yakuza already starting to hit sales for $35. I think holding off playing it til the PS5 version was a good play. Should be able to get it sub $30 by then no problem. Hopefully a digital sale by then too.
    So... I've been waiting for the PS5 version as well, but... because they originally said that saves wouldn't carry over between PS4 and PS5 version, I assumed we were getting a separate (and separately priced) release for PS5. So I had assumed that while the PS4 release might be discounted in 2021, the PS5 one would launch at $70 (or whatever). Am I wrong?

I guess they handled this on Xbox with Smart Delivery, with a free upgrade, but I assumed that was part of their whole timed exclusivity for next gen thing and I wasn't anticipating this for PS5. If I can get this on sale around when it launches on PS5, that'd be pretty dope.

Just don't tell Qanamil. He demands that I play through every other Yakuza before I get to 7. And he's just coming off of Platinuming literally every single one of them in a row, so he's not fucking around.

Man, you should play Zero, Kiwami 1, and 6 to at least get a feel for the world and places and stakes and at that point just play them all >: >: >:

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular

Just don't tell @Qanamil. He demands that I play through every other Yakuza before I get to 7. And he's just coming off of Platinuming literally every single one of them in a row, so he's not fucking around.

There will be a PS5 version, yes. No word on price. The PS4 version will get a free upgrade to PS5 in March but yes, as of right now, saves won't carry over for some reason. So there's honestly no reason to not get it unless you really just want a native PS5 version or can't get the upgrade download because of internet reasons.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Qanamil wrote: »

Just don't tell Qanamil. He demands that I play through every other Yakuza before I get to 7. And he's just coming off of Platinuming literally every single one of them in a row, so he's not fucking around.

Man, you should play Zero, Kiwami 1, and 6 to at least get a feel for the world and places and stakes and at that point just play them all >: >: >:

Judgement also makes a good entry point in the series, since it shows what the gameplay and design are all about outside the mainline’s massive story.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Anyone else's ps5 really really loud?

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Had my first bug last night - fell through the ground in No Man's Sky, and then whenever I used my multitool parts of the screen went black

A reload fixed it, though

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    So my ps5 was supposed to be available for pickup on the 8th.

I got a message today.

It's sitting in my house.

Hows that for luck?

Well I got one better.

I asked the shopkeeper in the tone of voice of someone who expects the answer to be "no": "I don't suppose you have any of those 3d pulse headsets left do you?"
    and she said "Actually I think we have 1 left out the back!" and took off to get it while I stood there baffled because wtf they're sold out everywhere how did I get this lucky today?

So now I got one of those too.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    PS5 launch has been a complete disaster in the UK.

From what reports seem to be saying it seems that the majority of (already limited) stock has been bought by scalpers using bots, and there are very few PS5's actually in people's homes. From looking on Twitter, very few indeed.

I know that on launch day, myself and 3 friends were on 3 different sites expecting shipments, pressing refresh every couple of seconds, and none of us ever even saw a unit available. The entire stock sold out in under a minute, including on Amazon.

I'd really like to know the numbers on how many units were shipped.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Is AntOnline doing anything differently to prevent bots from buying their consoles? Or is it just that it is a huge bundle and that puts off scrappers?

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Is AntOnline doing anything differently to prevent bots from buying their consoles? Or is it just that it is a huge bundle and that puts off scrappers?

Yeah that's essentially why they are doing it.

Plus free money.

urahonky on
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    PS5 launch has been a complete disaster in the UK.

From what reports seem to be saying it seems that the majority of (already limited) stock has been bought by scalpers using bots, and there are very few PS5's actually in people's homes. From looking on Twitter, very few indeed.

I know that on launch day, myself and 3 friends were on 3 different sites expecting shipments, pressing refresh every couple of seconds, and none of us ever even saw a unit available. The entire stock sold out in under a minute, including on Amazon.

I'd really like to know the numbers on how many units were shipped.

I know several people in work who are trying very hard to buy one, with no luck.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Yeah that's essentially why they are doing it.

Plus free money.

I unfollowed them after something like a day and a half because their Twitter feed was 95% "look at these pictures of somebody who got a PS5 from us!", 4% selling things I didn't want, and 1% anything to do with PS5

And I cannot fathom why the fuck they would think I would give the slightest shit about other people getting PS5s, especially not multiple times a day. It was basically just subscribing to a spam feed.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I keep telling myself I've given up trying to get one and yet every time it's a lie lol

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I keep telling myself I've given up trying to get one and yet every time it's a lie lol
    Its fine. We can quit any time we want.

Just one more frickin hit.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »

There will be a PS5 version, yes. No word on price. The PS4 version will get a free upgrade to PS5 in March but yes, as of right now, saves won't carry over for some reason. So there's honestly no reason to not get it unless you really just want a native PS5 version or can't get the upgrade download because of internet reasons.

I decided to just wait to play it til the PS5 version hits but keep an eye out for sales on the PS4 version in the meantime to save as much as possible. Not like I don’t have way too much to play atm anyway.

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Its fine. We can quit any time we want.

Just one more frickin hit.

My big motivation was a desire to play Cyberpunk on the PS5 for the loading times. Now that that doesn't look possible, I'm more comfortable waiting for the actual Cyberpunk PS5 patch and the quiet modifications that'll be put into the production line thanks to lessons learned from the first units manufactured.

• Options

I think in part the bundle puts off scalpers for sure. Aside from that when I went through them I had to solve not one but two captchas in order to check out.

In any case you still need to be on the product page right when that add to cart button goes live. If you wait for an alert it will be too late. Some folks have noticed when AntOnline makes changes to their bundle, new stock will go live within the next 15 minutes or so. That's how I got mine. Caught wind that they just changed the bundle so I sat on the product page refreshing every 15-30 seconds until the add to cart button popped up. Then it was a mad dash to check out.

I heard Best Buy was doing something to shut out bots but I haven't seen it in action. Might be worth keeping an eye out. They also occasionally have an open box PS5 go up, but I don't think any of the alert sites track that.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    I bought extra insurance. 2 year total replacement guarantee that starts after sonys 1 year runs out.

Very much peace of mind.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    A coworker was talking about how it isn't worth getting a PS5 right now due to some of the problems they're having.

I'm like...dude, just send it to Sony and get it repaired. If you can get one, keep it.

Those things are rarer than a unicorn right now thanks to all the scalper bots.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Queue's up. Of course I was picking my daughter up from school when it went live

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Blarg. I was on their site all morning. Naturally they do their drop in the afternoon after I quit monitoring it.

• Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Blarg. I was on their site all morning. Naturally they do their drop in the afternoon after I quit monitoring it.

Same.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    A coworker was talking about how it isn't worth getting a PS5 right now due to some of the problems they're having.

I'm like...dude, just send it to Sony and get it repaired. If you can get one, keep it.

Those things are rarer than a unicorn right now thanks to all the scalper bots.

Or just wait. You don't need one RIGHT THIS SECOND. They'll become more available soon enough, and hopefully with the problems ironed out.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126