Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Still blows my mind I can't just go and buy a PS5.

Oh well, guess I'll just buy the slim/PS5.5 or whatever.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

Yeah, I saw a tweet about Newegg about to do a lottery for a ps5 and realized it was a lottery to get a chance to buy a ps5. Wild.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How do I get my sava data for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 Remake from my PS4 to work on my PS5? I have the game installed but it isn't loading my previous data.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Stragint wrote: »
    How do I get my sava data for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 Remake from my PS4 to work on my PS5? I have the game installed but it isn't loading my previous data.

You have to export it from inside the PS4 version in the options (extras?) menu and then import it in the PS5 version.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    edited April 2021

You have to export it from inside the PS4 version in the options (extras?) menu and then import it in the PS5 version.

Alright, I will give that a try. Thank you!

Wait, do you mean a data transfer? Cause I've done that part already.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Yeah, I saw a tweet about Newegg about to do a lottery for a ps5 and realized it was a lottery to get a chance to buy a ps5. Wild.

It is, but I'd rather see them do this and a real person get it than these scalpers.

I'm holding out. I have enough to play on the 4 and even the 3. I've also started down the trophy hunting road so I feel like I have plenty to do in the mean time.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

You have to launch the PS4 version of the game, and use the in-game save upload. Then switch to the PS5 version.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

You have to launch the PS4 version of the game, and use the in-game save upload. Then switch to the PS5 version.

Yeah it’s in the options menu under “save upload”

• Options
    So I need to install the PS4 version on my PS5 as well?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah you do. It's super dumb.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

I'm so baffled the PS5 firmware is as half-baked as it is. It's not as if the PS5 was developed in a rush (right?). Expecially since the PS4's was rock-solid.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular

Sony needs to trademark Dumb Delivery already.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    I just started Horizon Zero Dawn and it's fantastic. I'm not sure if it's the PS5 enhanced version or not, it was just the one I saw that was free, but it's gorgeous either way. Shooting a Watcher in the eye at the last second while it's charging you feels so good.

a perfect example of a game that I wish had been longer!

i fix!

somebody doesn't have 2 young kids

Nope! Thats why I fix! :p

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I'm so baffled the PS5 firmware is as half-baked as it is. It's not as if the PS5 was developed in a rush (right?). Expecially since the PS4's was rock-solid.

Pandemic likely messed with development.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    It took way too long to figure out how to launch the PS4 version with both PS4 and PS5 versions installed on my PS5. Admittedly not something many people ever really have to deal with since you usually only would want one version installed at a time. Still somewhat confusing.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Kinda bored, decided to run through the PS+ collection. Never played any of the Crash games, let's give the first one a shot.

<<

>>

This game is ass.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Kinda bored, decided to run through the PS+ collection. Never played any of the Crash games, let's give the first one a shot.

<<

>>

This game is ass.

You haven't played Uncharted 4?

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

<<

>>

This game is ass.

It’s a faithful recreation of a game that’s nearly 30 years old.

With all that that entails.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

<<

>>

This game is ass.

...why would you round 25 years to 30? 25 is already a milestone number for all kinds of things. 25 isn't nearly 30...

Chamberlain, 2 is considerably more fun if that one's in the collection, skip to that one.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

<<

>>

This game is ass.

...why would you round 25 years to 30? 25 is already a milestone number for all kinds of things. 25 isn't nearly 30...

Chamberlain, 2 is considerably more fun if that one's in the collection, skip to that one.

It just feels so stiff and old. Some games are timeless and some games are quickly left behind. Yikes.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Crash was garbage when it launched. The only thing notable about it was the commercials.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I can tolerate the original game handling like crap. Even the mighty Mario 64 buckles under the test of time. But the remake is just... who, why, how. The game demands such an intense degree of precision and perfection, but the controls and physics are in no way up to the task.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I can tolerate the original game handling like crap. Even the mighty Mario 64 buckles under the test of time. But the remake is just... who, why, how. The game demands such an intense degree of precision and perfection, but the controls and physics are in no way up to the task.

Especially when it launched alongside Spyro which was handled much better.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Especially when it launched alongside Spyro which was handled much better.

I don't see how it was handled better because Spyro was also a remake entirely faithful to the original game. I've heard they messed up the physics a bit on the Crash 1 port, but that's not what (most) people don't like about it. They just don't like how Crash plays or how it was designed.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The way I've heard people talk and describe it, picture Crash himself as having a cylindrical hitbox, while all the platform edges are rounded. And that is why when you land on the very edge of a platform, you slide right off it. It's utter horseshit game design. I kept failing piss easy platforming to such an extent I was wondering if either the controller was broken, or *I* was broken. It should not be this hard to jump over a simple pit, so what the fuck is wrong? And after hearing the above, I was "relieved" to know it was the game, not me. And then you get into the deeper game design, where they want you to beat levels without dying once, at speeds that require you to frame perfect every single jump... with platforming that will have you sliding off every damn platform. It's like being asked to thread a needle while wearing boxing gloves. The obviously sane solution is to completely ignore all the bonus stuff like relics and medals and all that crap. But I was already sufficiently pissed off doing the few I had, I just put the game down.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Crash is one of those games that I can't imagine anyone enjoying now without some amount of nostalgia getting them through it.

• Options
    And the fun thing about the Crash remake is that Crash's hitbox is even wonkier than the original game. Whee!

Different strokes and all that, but I'm genuinely shocked the Crash remake collection sold as well as it did (and it sold really well).

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular

<<

>>

This game is ass.

I mean, it's internal name was "Sonic's Ass", so...

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    From what I understand Crash 4 is much, much better and plays like you wish Crash actually played.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Crash was garbage when it launched. The only thing notable about it was the commercials.

yes

I have been shocked recently to find out people legitimately think crash was good when it came out, that is an insane thing to think.

although some people think the sonic games were good when they cam out so what do I know

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yep, never been a fan of Crash. I just hate how it plays and hate the character designs.

I tried to play the remakes with the PS+ Collection in case my younger self was wrong.

Nope, still garbage platformers. :?

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Remember that Crash 1 was pre-analog stick. Compared to the other 3d platformers at the time, it wasn't a bad attempt. It just had Mario 64 to compare it to.
    On a technical level, it was also pretty impressive. There's a making of article that's pretty interesting, if you like that sort of thing.
    (edit: page 6 is worth reading, especially halfway down where one of the devs is very honest about mistakes they made in retrospect)

I didn't even like it that much, but I can respect what they were trying.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

yes

I have been shocked recently to find out people legitimately think crash was good when it came out, that is an insane thing to think.

although some people think the sonic games were good when they cam out so what do I know

Them's fighting words sir.

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Remember that Crash 1 was pre-analog stick. Compared to the other 3d platformers at the time, it wasn't a bad attempt. It just had Mario 64 to compare it to.
    On a technical level, it was also pretty impressive. There's a making of article that's pretty interesting, if you like that sort of thing.
    (edit: page 6 is worth reading, especially halfway down where one of the devs is very honest about mistakes they made in retrospect)

I didn't even like it that much, but I can respect what they were trying.

And don't forget that almost every 3D PSOne game has aged really, really poorly. For the time, it was a decent game.

• Options
    I think I've found my people. Add me to the list of people who are baffled by the Crash popularity. I found the game to be horrible at release and I imagine it's worse today.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I think I've found my people. Add me to the list of people who are baffled by the Crash popularity. I found the game to be horrible at release and I imagine it's worse today.

it is the worst part of uncharted 4

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular

No, that's the exploding bodies gauntlet on crushing.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    After I get the Tony Hawk data transfered to the PS5 version can I delete the PS4 version?

• Options

There's a part where you play Crash in Uncharted 4? I haven't played Uncharted since the first or 2nd one. They are more movies than games in my eyes.