As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Playstation 5] Out Now! Happy Hunting.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Has anyone else disabled 3d audio? Not sure if it's just my headphones, but it makes everything sound sorta tinny and disconnected.

Actually yes. It was fine when I used the pulse headphones a few days ago (I think anyway...?) but last night it was muffled. Switched off 3d sound in the system settings.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    klemming wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Can't you use your PS4 saves on Spiderman Remastered?
    I think you can now, so long as you have the PS4 version and have the update that just came out.
    So if you got rid of your old copy and can't get it back, no.

As long as you transferred your saves over from the PS4, either via the network transfer or cloud save, you can actually install the PS4 version of the game on PS5, upload the save, than uninstall and install the PS5 version to then download the save. Yes, it's the dumbest possible system they could come up with and how Sony didn't have a plan for this use case is beyond me.

sadly I can't as I have the digital version of the PS5 and had the disc version of spider-mans PS4 and the fancy pants PS5 version didn't come with the digital ps4 version so i'm just fucked

sucks

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I think you can now, so long as you have the PS4 version and have the update that just came out.

As long as you transferred your saves over from the PS4, either via the network transfer or cloud save, you can actually install the PS4 version of the game on PS5, upload the save, than uninstall and install the PS5 version to then download the save. Yes, it's the dumbest possible system they could come up with and how Sony didn't have a plan for this use case is beyond me.
    I wouldn't put this on Sony, this is Insomniac's deal. I assume there's some programming reason why it can't use the old saves unless they're in the right format, or something.

I lean toward it being a Sony problem. The save formats are probably identical, or near identical, given that they are the same game. The translation required to load the PS4 save would have likely been minimal. My guess is that Sony has not yet provided a simple API based way to load from the PS4's save directory on the disc. PS4 and PS5 saves are stored in different places and how you access the save storage is via a Sony API. For PS5 games that API probably just doesn't have a way to even access the PS4 saves as this time. Games running on these consoles, especially the PS5, aren't like a program running on a computer with unlimited access to the system. They run in a very sandboxed environment for stability and security. So it's unlikely PS5 games can just go rooting around the file system looking for PS4 saves without Sony providing API support for it.

Other games can do this though, pretty sure you can just load up No Man's Sky and have access to your PS4 saves for example.

My guess is this has something to do with Remastered being a separate game and not just the PS5 version of the same game and the API doesn't let you transfer from one individual game to another. For normal situations where there's just a PS5 and PS4 version of the game these should "just work" and afaik it does.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »

sadly I can't as I have the digital version of the PS5 and had the disc version of spider-mans PS4 and the fancy pants PS5 version didn't come with the digital ps4 version so i'm just fucked

sucks

Rent the disc of the PS4 version from a Red Box maybe? Not sure if you have those where you are.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

sucks

Rent the disc of the PS4 version from a Red Box maybe? Not sure if you have those where you are.

Redbox stopped doing games a year or so back

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

sucks

i'm in canada but also i don't have a PS4 anymore, i only have the digital PS5 lol

:(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    So, I can upload the Spiderman save on my PS4 and download it on my PS5?

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

sucks

i'm in canada but also i don't have a PS4 anymore, i only have the digital PS5 lol

If your save is worth $20 to you, that's what Ps4 Spider-Man is going for on sale digital. Of course, I don't know what the Canada price for that would be.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

sucks

If your save is worth $20 to you, that's what Ps4 Spider-Man is going for on sale digital. Of course, I don't know what the Canada price for that would be.

$25 right now on PSN.

If there's somebody out there you trust a whole lot who also owns the game, you could also have them log into your account and do the transfer.

Finally, you could also... just play the game again. There are worse things in the world than having to play this spectacular (haw-haw) game again. With shinier graphics or a smoother framerate.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So, I can upload the Spiderman save on my PS4 and download it on my PS5?
    AFAIK yes, but if it's an old save you'll have to load it in PS4 Spider-Man and re-save it as the latest version.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    For those on the fence between the disc and digital version of the 5; this disc drive is one of the loudest I’ve ever heard. I went disc to watch UHD movies and it is so loud that I don’t know if I will ever use it.

Spawnwave's teardown made the drive look really bolted-on to the back of the motherboard, and he noted the lack of any cushioning you would expect in any other UHD drive. Then again I've heard that the Series X may not be that much better.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular

sucks

Welp, sorry :( Good news is that if you transferred your saves, or grabbed them from the cloud, it's not lost...it's just inaccessible from the Remaster. Maybe Sony and Insomniac will come up with a better way than the current upload/download system.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I thought the Remaster included both ps5 and ps4 versions?

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I thought the Remaster included both ps5 and ps4 versions?

There's no PS4 version of the Remastered and no, it doesn't come with the non-Remastered PS4 version. Miles Morales comes with both PS5 and PS4 version. You also can't even buy Remastered by itself anyway, it's only part of the deluxe or whatever edition of Miles Morales.

• Options
    Ah my bad. The entire thing is a mess.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    So I'm trying to decide between the digital and disk version of the PS5. If i have a bunch of PS4 games on disk, is there a way to get them onto a digital PS5, or would I have to rebuy any game i want to continue playing?

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    So I'm trying to decide between the digital and disk version of the PS5. If i have a bunch of PS4 games on disk, is there a way to get them onto a digital PS5, or would I have to rebuy any game i want to continue playing?

The latter.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

The only method here is to sell your physical copies and rebuy them digitally. There's no way they can just deactivate the discs remotely, so without Sony buying back your disc (as Microsoft was rumored to have considered at one point) it can't really happen.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    There's apparently an issue where a loose sticker is hitting the fan and causing a really loud sound on some PS5's, and I think mine has this. It's way too loud to be just coil whine.

Here's an article talking about it:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/ps5_coil_whine_could_be_caused_by_a_loose_sticky_label

Mine sounds exactly like the one in the tweet attached to the article, but I'm afraid of potentially voiding my warranty by getting in there and fixing it. Opinions on if it voids your warranty or not seem to be mixed.

It doesn't really bother me too much anyway as the fan typically only runs for a few seconds at a time here and there, I'm also hoping that eventually the sticker will simply wear down/become detached and it will stop making the noise on its own.

We'll it stopped making the sound on it's own so... problem solved I guess? I assume the sticker came off if it was the sticker at all.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am not trying to jinx it. Walmart charged my card just now. My bank wanted to check to make sure it wasn’t fraud since it was in Arkansas so I had to approve it. Hopefully that won’t interfere with the processing.

The order status still says pick up Wednesday and the progress bar has gone up.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I guess did none of the big retailers have stock yesterday? I watched Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop's sites off and on all day and never saw any indication that they had anything available for black Friday.

I just want a PS5.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I guess did none of the big retailers have stock yesterday? I watched Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and Gamestop's sites off and on all day and never saw any indication that they had anything available for black Friday.

I just want a PS5.

Apparently, some GameStops had like 2 on hand, and hundreds of people camping out in front starting at 2pm Thanksgiving Day.

The former retail worker in me hopes it was raining heavily with high winds in at least some of these places.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

I just want a PS5.

Best Buy had a handful yesterday, but I think it was pretty early in the morning. The stores will never have them available, it's online only until next year.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Not entirely sure why a Walmart in Arkansas is the one dealing with my PS5 for Nebraska, but I'm not going to ask.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Not entirely sure why a Walmart in Arkansas is the one dealing with my PS5 for Nebraska, but I'm not going to ask.

The Walmart home office is in Arkansas. So that’s likely why.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

The Walmart home office is in Arkansas. So that’s likely why.

Yeah, Best Buy orders show up as Minnesota for the same reason. Makes overzealous fraud departments at banks get really itchy.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Yeah back when the craziness was happening I originally thought someone had stolen my card to order a PS5 themselves, because I suddenly had a charge at "Target, MN" which is Target's headquarters, but I interpreted it as a random Target in Minnesota. Good thing I decided to take a breather and Google where Target was based before I activated fraud protection. That would have been bad

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I am not trying to jinx it. Walmart charged my card just now. My bank wanted to check to make sure it wasn’t fraud since it was in Arkansas so I had to approve it. Hopefully that won’t interfere with the processing.

Me too! It's pending in my account also! It's happening! :D

I told you to be positive didn't I? :P

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

No I refuse. I’m going to be given a towel or something at the store or get mugged walking to my car.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

No I refuse. I’m going to be given a towel or something at the store or get mugged walking to my car.

No you aren't, there's somebody waiting in the bushes at your home.

...is what I've been told.

EDIT: Get some booze while you're out, it's cold out here.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular

Im really liking messing around in Photo Mode.

• Options

Beat them with the towel.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I've never enjoyed photo mode before, it never felt like I was getting something worth my time since it seemed the graphics were just never there. Now though, I'm also really enjoying photo mode in spiderman and demon's souls. The system is quite robust, I feel like I can actually get good results. The only thing that bugs me is that the aperture in spiderman is reversed, so a bigger aperture number somehow means less focal range. It's just confusing my photography reflexes.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I've honestly never really used photo modes much.
    It's kind not my thing. Occasionally I do wanna take a screen but its always a screen of an exact image already on my screen I don't want to change it except maybe move the ui and player character out of the way sometimes. I never use 99% of options.

Although if its a good mode that freezes properly I do like to use it to check what animations look like at various points.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    You guys need to try out WRC9. I'm not a rally driving guy but reading on reddit that it was almost on par with Astro in terms of what it does for the controller.... How could I not try it out?

It really is amazing. I mean it's not the best looking but gameplay feel is nuts. You can feel the car backfire and the sound comes out the controller. Same with crashes. Acceleration and gear changes are felt in the triggers as well as terrain changes. Its super cool.

Proper next gen. I want every game to get this treatment.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm worried about the durability of the mechanism that provides feedback and resistance in the triggers. I watched Ben Heck tear down the controller and those plastic gears don't look too skookum to me. I can't imagine it would take too much abuse to sheer a tooth off the gear and have the trigger go limp. Haven't had a chance to try it yet though so no idea how hard it pushes back.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    If they've done a good job with the code that monitors how much resistance the controller provides, then there shouldn't be much trouble. Monitoring on the order of a few milliseconds is quite possible and that's a lot faster than you can move your hands, and they're probably designed to just cut the motor current if the stress jumps too high too fast. I would think the controllers are more at risk from being dropped hard or thrown.

I work with instruments that use far larger electric motors to move a fair amount of weight fairly quickly and the far greater concern is a body part getting damaged from getting in their way, as they can detect a damaging impact and shut off the motor extremely fast by just watching the power load on the motor and cutting it off if it exceeds a dangerous limit. Same principle here.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I got my total time in Astro's Playroom speedruns down to 5:14.37

Seriously having a LOT of fun doing those. The Mountain Run skips are kind of insane though, definitely have to work more on those.

• Options
    Okay so I might have jinxed myself but I had to order the ultimate Spider-man since it is sold out locally and I wanted some game to play on Wednesday when I get the PS5.

• Options
    Ugh had the console breaking bug in Spiderman Remastered where Spidey will just keep moving in a direction with the game continuing and he won't respond to any prompts from the controller. In fact even the Home button doesn't do anything, it's as if the controller lost connection to the console somehow. I couldn't power it down pressing the power button either so had to resort to pulling the power cable.

Thankfully it just rebuilt the database same as PS4 and let me continue playing whatever. I did lose some progress in SPiderman but that's a minor annoyance. No idea what caused it but the console did fall off the table an hour beforehand :lol:

Kid ran in front of the controller charging cable and bam, falling console. Thankfully no visual damage but hoping that game bug is just a software thing with that particular game. I'll research more tomorrow. For now it is powered down to be on the safe side.