Options

[Amazing Cultivation Simulator] Taoist Fantasy Godhood Ascension Rimworld-like

• Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So a heads up, apparently if you have a yao guai and don’t have at least one guy at primordial spirit when the shift timer runs out you are pretty much screwed... so keep that in mind if you are thinking of playing as one or inviting one into your clan.

They are walking time bombs and hitting the timer unprepared will not only kill your character but probably wipe your clan as well.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I made it to day 100 last night, which means I now have an adorable spirit fox companion:
    vhukvwv0ypra.jpg

Which of course means another fairly in depth system! It appears the game yoinked the entire Black & White creature training system, which I love. You have to teach your pet right from wrong through experience and encouraging/discouraging individual actions. For example, you can teach your fox to be super nice to inner sanctum members, but a total jerk to all of your outer sanctum members and encourage him to routinely poop in their beds and eat their clothes.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »
    I made it to day 100 last night, which means I now have an adorable spirit fox companion:
    vhukvwv0ypra.jpg

Which of course means another fairly in depth system! It appears the game yoinked the entire Black & White creature training system, which I love. You have to teach your pet right from wrong through experience and encouraging/discouraging individual actions. For example, you can teach your fox to be super nice to inner sanctum members, but a total jerk to all of your outer sanctum members and encourage him to routinely poop in their beds and eat their clothes.

What is this game even. Hahaha.

• Options
    The spirit pet is pretty hardcore too when they get older. My dog was just slaughtering randos that attacked me.

So at some point everyone should try the desert and plateau environments in the map set up. They are unique tilesets and very pretty.

Also the battlefield environment, which is not a unique tileset but is pretty neat anyway.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Thanks to 4 Ice Essence Bars, I have a freezer that's at -273° C...

That is to say.

Thanks to 4 Ice Essence Bars, I have a freezer that's at absolute zero.

I have to wonder what my disciples use in the brownstone walls to make it such a good insulator, because I'm pretty sure my freezer should have started a localized Ice Age, or at least freak weather patterns, for having as much mass as is in it that cold.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hooray, first golden core has been achieved:

8b6xcf66c8bk.jpg

I hit tier 2, which I'm very happy with! I probably could have gotten pretty close to tier 1 if I were more willing to take the skill in the Sunflower path that makes your male bits fall off (turns out that's a really good skill for everyone!), but I most likely needed horrible toxic rain to push myself over the top. Hey it gives something for the next generation to aspire to.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Oh my stars, this absolutely delightful.

I made a mistake early on by building too grand a compound too quickly. Outer disciples are only mortal- barely even people -they don't need much. Moreover, they can only sweep so many floors in a day.

The winning move is to promote and start networking. Make friends, loot treasures, give the herb garden some time to grow!

I do regret leaving this latest save, now that I've got a plan of action in mind. My sect leader had a wee epiphany and got something like 50 thousand points of experience to spend.

The heavens are fair, however. Immediately after this, my most promising outer disciple starved to death in the library.

It uh, turned out that I forgot to specify that it should have a door.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Hooray, first golden core has been achieved:

8b6xcf66c8bk.jpg

I hit tier 2, which I'm very happy with! I probably could have gotten pretty close to tier 1 if I were more willing to take the skill in the Sunflower path that makes your male bits fall off (turns out that's a really good skill for everyone!), but I most likely needed horrible toxic rain to push myself over the top. Hey it gives something for the next generation to aspire to.

Did you use consumables for qi growth, and if so how did you get money for them? That seems to be my sticking point right now.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    The only consumables I used were the stamina regen one and the "absorb more food from Qi" ones -- I don't know if they actually made a difference. I was sort of scrambling to figure all of that out (the more expensive consumables), and almost went for it, but I was on Spring 11 and the peak season is until the 13th, so I finally just went for it after seeing I had a Tier 2 estimate.

Getting mental state to 96 or 97 is pretty key, as that lets you keep the +5 bonus the entire time. The X factor was probably having the Gingko tree to lean on -- I have another fire/wood meditation spot with the same items that is solid, but not quite as awesome as having the Gingko tree.

I used the clear sky miracle on my secondary Qi user too. Those extra 2 +s were enough to push the projection from 3 to 2.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thats good, I don’t have a tree but maybe I can fiddle with my setup enough to get a 2 to pop without grinding a fortune then.

• Options
    Basil wrote: »

I made a mistake early on by building too grand a compound too quickly. Outer disciples are only mortal- barely even people -they don't need much. Moreover, they can only sweep so many floors in a day.

The winning move is to promote and start networking. Make friends, loot treasures, give the herb garden some time to grow!

I do regret leaving this latest save, now that I've got a plan of action in mind. My sect leader had a wee epiphany and got something like 50 thousand points of experience to spend.

The heavens are fair, however. Immediately after this, my most promising outer disciple starved to death in the library.

I'm embarrassed to admit how many would-be disciples starved to death kowtowing in my sect because I had forgotten I had sent them there to be recruited.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thats good, I don’t have a tree but maybe I can fiddle with my setup enough to get a 2 to pop without grinding a fortune then.

If you are okay with missing out on Golden Core for a year, you could spend more time cultivating at max, which will fill your "inner caldron" which in turn raises your max qi and therefore your chances at a better core.

It takes a *long* time though, even with pills boosting your stamina conversion and qi absorption so they can sit there meditating until they are about to go mad, so it might not be something you do for your first gen inner disciples (unless they're the metal Law where the best time shows up at the end of every month) but for your Gen 2 or 3 disciples the only thing that should be stopping them from hitting a 1 core is your patience or lack thereof.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »

I'm embarrassed to admit how many would-be disciples starved to death kowtowing in my sect because I had forgotten I had sent them there to be recruited.

Early on I set a colonist off on a mission to expand my freezer, aaand he definitely wound up being trapped in there for a day before I realized what I had done.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Just outer disciple things, right?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    So how bad is it if I started a couple of abbeys (one in first town it lets you, one in the closest city) without realizing you needed guys with high battle and social?

• Options
    edited December 2020
    I'm not totally sure yet! My guys had decent stats in that when I sent them out, and I haven't had my abbeys for super long yet.

You can add new colonists to bolster the leader's stats, but it only adds 10% of their stats I believe. It looks like there's a cap of 10 outer disciples augmenting your leader.

Late edit: You can just replace the leader it looks like. I think the old leader is gone forever, but there's a a replace button that lets you swap them out for any disciple you have.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh, guess I missed that, that is great then.

I don’t care too much about losing the old guys, they were just the two least useful people I sent because I couldn’t spare anyone else and didn’t realize it mattered.

I really want to try the shendao/divine cultivation thing, it sounds neat. Kind of a more traditional religious thing.

Its neat how many different paths to ascension they put in this thing.

The design in a few spots is a bit weird because it seems like they for the most part left you ways out of mistakes (even stuff like being able to rebirth guys into mortals if you didn’t realize how important cores were and the like), but at the same time there’s a lot of random stuff that can just splatter your guys into bloody paste if you aren’t prepared for it, like if you accidently pick a yao guai with a short time limit or wander into an awakened spirit beast before you are ready, which are both things I have run into.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh, guess I missed that, that is great then.

I don’t care too much about losing the old guys, they were just the two least useful people I sent because I couldn’t spare anyone else and didn’t realize it mattered.

I really want to try the shendao/divine cultivation thing, it sounds neat. Kind of a more traditional religious thing.

Its neat how many different paths to ascension they put in this thing.

The design in a few spots is a bit weird because it seems like they for the most part left you ways out of mistakes (even stuff like being able to rebirth guys into mortals if you didn’t realize how important cores were and the like), but at the same time there’s a lot of random stuff that can just splatter your guys into bloody paste if you aren’t prepared for it, like if you accidently pick a yao guai with a short time limit or wander into an awakened spirit beast before you are ready, which are both things I have run into.

I've done a little bit of Shendao, though not to the point where the disciple has their own divine realm. I unlocked the Law by:
    A secret that popped up after upgrading the agency HQ in South Mts. up to level 2. I've heard that there is a second Shendao Law always hidden in a casket buried in the mineable rocks on your dojo map as well)

You start off by sending the lucky deity-to-be off on constant adventures, usually to cities. Not so much to collect the belief from your sect's follows (though you might as well do it once or twice when you get there, as it takes a *lot* of belief between breakthroughs) but for the inner disciple to get followers of their own, either from random events while traveling or the choices you can make when they visit the city. These Divine followers are both a passive gain of belief and necessary to get your starting Divine realm to be as big as it can be when you attempt their equivalent of Golden Core forming. You also have increasing their mental state up through the levels, which is a completely separate form of advancement, but also necessary since I believe post-realm it's basically a cap on either your followers or the amount of belief you can get from them, plus having a high mental state is important to getting a large divine realm to begin with too. Also, after reaching the 3rd mental state, you have to keep the absolute value of all the Shendao disciple's mood modifiers below a certain level to keep advancing, instead of just really high, so for them you need to build an aesthetics' room that's fancy enough they won't get pissed but not so fancy that they get massive happy thoughts, especially since their Mind Fasting to reduce the effect of their mood takes literal in-game days to complete, and stops their mental state from increasing during that time.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That all sounds really absurd and fun! Stuff like that, and continuing to get deeper myself, keep amazing me with how much content is in this game. I have so much left to do! My current run is probably 40+ hours, and I've barely scratched the surface.

And most impressively, it still has never felt grindy. The devs did such a good job of the feel -- you're doing stuff that is often quite slow and can take lots of in game days, but it always feels like awesome cultivation roleplaying and never like a needless grind. I'm currently wandering around searching for my Chosen One -- someone with awesome Qi sense and hopefully good stats to boot. It's hard to do and there are a lot of colonists to filter through, but I feel like a Jedi combing the galaxy looking for my Anakin (if anyone has a list of cool wuxia movies for me to watch to get some better metaphors for this I would definitely take you up on that).

I'm not sure how many people will get this one, but it reminds me a lot of the Thaumcraft mod for Minecraft. It's been a long time since I've played it, but it always felt like the coolest "be a wizard" experience in gaming. Not spamming fireballs everywhere, but the preparation. You had to put in effort to become an awesome Minecraft wizard, it took a lot of time, but it always felt like you were doing really cool "immersive sim" type wizard stuff. This game has that feeling but instead you're building Taoist wuxia Hogwarts, and it's great.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, I’m running into that too. I have 2 pretty much ideal colonists going metal waiting at breakthrough for golden core (still only getting 3s with them so waiting for influence to build up for the last couple of stat and qi upgrades). Got one other guy that is a halfway decent and went down the wood path. But right now most of my gameplay is just getting guys in with the building and recruitment adventures, checking for stats and qi sense, and shuffling them off to desks jobs or banishing them if they don’t measure up.

I really need to do a refrigerator room, had a big issue in winter with spoilage taking me lower on food than I felt comfortable with.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Luckily I wound up with 2 soul pearls yesterday, so my cooling needs are very aggressively met right now. My Golden Core fire mage is very good at being a fire mage now, so farming beast blood is pretty easy too. I can do a lot of wacky stuff with temperature now!

Sadly I lost one of my second wave cultivators yesterday. We were attacked by two very large and very angry magic boars, and not everyone could make it through! They burned through my fox's Qi tank (luckily reviving him is pretty easy) aand took out my metal cultivator too. Alas, he will be missed. Luckily I found 17/20 and 16/20 qi sense randoms wandering around, so we will come back stronger!

Question for the thread -- does anyone know how compound building feng shui works? I keep seeing stuff that indicates door facing for feng shui only matters when the room is facing the outside (IE nature, or a non-feng shui area). Like you can attach a bunch of rooms to a long hallway, and get away with multiple doors for the hallway or possibly incorrectly facing doors for the individual rooms. Does anyone get how that works? I've tried linking a bunch of east facing bedrooms to a long hallway with a south facing door, and the bedrooms all get feng shui penalties for their door facing.

Is it just like -- you can have multiple doorways in the ajoining room to avoid the feng shui leakage? I'm trying to figure out the trick and I'm not really getting it, but I plan on messing with it more today.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Luckily I wound up with 2 soul pearls yesterday, so my cooling needs are very aggressively met right now. My Golden Core fire mage is very good at being a fire mage now, so farming beast blood is pretty easy too. I can do a lot of wacky stuff with temperature now!

Sadly I lost one of my second wave cultivators yesterday. We were attacked by two very large and very angry magic boars, and not everyone could make it through! They burned through my fox's Qi tank (luckily reviving him is pretty easy) aand took out my metal cultivator too. Alas, he will be missed. Luckily I found 17/20 and 16/20 qi sense randoms wandering around, so we will come back stronger!

Question for the thread -- does anyone know how compound building feng shui works? I keep seeing stuff that indicates door facing for feng shui only matters when the room is facing the outside (IE nature, or a non-feng shui area). Like you can attach a bunch of rooms to a long hallway, and get away with multiple doors for the hallway or possibly incorrectly facing doors for the individual rooms. Does anyone get how that works? I've tried linking a bunch of east facing bedrooms to a long hallway with a south facing door, and the bedrooms all get feng shui penalties for their door facing.

Is it just like -- you can have multiple doorways in the ajoining room to avoid the feng shui leakage? I'm trying to figure out the trick and I'm not really getting it, but I plan on messing with it more today.

The door to the room still needs to be facing the right direction, so those bedrooms still need south facing doors, but as long as that hallway has no Feng Shui buildings of its own, it can have as many exits on as many sides as you want.

Also, if the Fung shui building isn't one of the 3 categories that need a specific facing (bedrooms and Founder's Hall, workshops, or kitchens) the door to the "outside" can be in any direction you want, though you are still limited to just one such door.

Finally, you can have as many doors as you want for a room if none of them lead to the "outside," so long as at least *one* of the doors (or the one door that does go outside) is facing the right direction.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020

So this is how I understand it to work from reading the Wiki guide, but I may be wrong.

If hallway has no feng shui focus items:

Doors in bedrooms still matter, need to be south, door to hallway doesn’t matter.

If hallway has feng shui focus item:

Number of doors doesn’t matter, position doesn’t matter. Door to hall matters as usual for whatever focus item is in it.

Halls without focus items are still considered outside.

Edit: it looks like you still have to have a door leading south in the bedroom, though, you just can have additional doors not leading “outside” to a non-feng shui active area.

So like if you had 3 bedrooms on a hall with a water vase or table in it and all faced east that would be bad feng shui, but if you built a connecting door between the bedrooms on the south side of each that is ok.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

The door to the room still needs to be facing the right direction, so those bedrooms still need south facing doors, but as long as that hallway has no Feng Shui buildings of its own, it can have as many exits on as many sides as you want.

Also, if the Fung shui building isn't one of the 3 categories that need a specific facing (bedrooms and Founder's Hall, workshops, or kitchens) the door to the "outside" can be in any direction you want, though you are still limited to just one such door.

Finally, you can have as many doors as you want for a room if none of them lead to the "outside," so long as at least *one* of the doors (or the one door that does go outside) is facing the right direction.

Yeah that explanation jives with where I got to last night I think. The game will pick the "best" feng shui door for stuff with internal facing, but one of the options still need to be the correct one to get the bonus. Thanks!

So: Respect room facing feng shui with internal buildings, but you can get wacky with multiple doors if none lead outside.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Okay, the compound thing finally makes sense now. The distinction of any room without a feng shui item being considered "outside" is what was messing me up completely. The solution seems to be to just put a water vat or something neutral like that in the hallways to make them not "outside", then I can get a little crazy with rooms having multiple doors and such (as long as one of the doors faces the correct feng shui direction). Thanks to both of you for the help.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Blah still can’t get the 2 to pop on my metal cultivator. She has 6700 qi, only books left that might be relevant are the +int boost and the +5% to all stats and stamina boost. I am almost up to enough influence for int, but when I did a save/reload dry run she is only getting up to halfway through 3.

Got 5 star season, 5 star element, 5 star qi (everything stone and jade essence with spirit wood support), 2 star weather, 100 mental state, popped a qi regen pill and ate a spirit stone beforehand.

I do have a formation pill lying around I forgot about I could try.

Thinking about just taking the 3 at this point though. Anyone have any ideas?

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It's not the end of the world! It gives you a cool goal to reach for when you're out looking for your high Qi sense Chosen Ones -- even if you hit 2, you would eventually want someone awesome enough to hit 1.

My read on your situation is that you probably need some of the super fancy Qi gathering items to really min/max that. You're at 5+, but I don't think there's an actual cap on the bonus. Having the super cool giant gingko tree as a fire cultivator is probably what pushes me to 2. Replace the remaining stone essences with jade essences for a small boost, but what you really need?

Dragon poop. It's amazing for metal cultivators, aaand if you're reading the wiki guides like you said earlier, the details on how to get it very easily are out there! Stone essense has a gather Qi of 20, jade of 25, and dragon poop is 90. That will definitely help.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, I may try, also I realized I still have some unmined mountain so may chop it on the off chance of getting an advanced law.

Edit: Got it! Pulled an earth flux from a casket drop, which pushed me over the top.

Also picked up body modification law, shendao law, and heaven stealing law from events.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Nice! I'm out hunting for an earth flux right now while I try to ascend my second wave of cultivators.

On that note, I didn't really mess with the consumables that permanently increase your Qi last time around, and wanted to give it a shot this time. They definitely help! Ganoderma and Red Ginseng are both relatively easy to adventure or trade for, and it's a nice chunk of extra Qi. The diminishing returns kick in pretty quickly -- if you eat 6 or so of each, you wind up with an extra 500-600 Qi though.

I tried the "failed pill" thing too, which is weirder but ultimately really effective. If you go to Alchemy Peak, there are a few stacks of failed pills sitting in a lab. If you grab the purple one (the highest quality), it's really good for boosting your Qi! There are 10 of them, so you can use them on a lot of cultivators before you run out. The description leaves it a mystery, but taking the pill seems to permanently boost your Qi by about 500. It will immediately KO whoever takes it and give them a bunch of internal Fire Qi injuries, but all you need is a single healing powder and about an hour of in game time to 100% heal that with no scars. Definitely worth it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    You can actually grow those qi herbs from herb gardens, they are an uncommon spawn from ginseng fields and the other herb with the same icon as ganoderma. I get 3 or 4 of each per harvest for a small field.

I’m wondering how bad the skill is from heavenly stealing that blows up your heart is. If its like the alchemy pill it would probably be worth it but if it needs the bodily regrowth to fix like the penis falling off I might pass.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    Yeah stuff like that doesn't make me feel too a bad about saving/reloading to test it out. I think if a part is damaged to 0% it's considered lost and needs the miracle that can regrow body parts. And I would assume blowing up your heart sets it to 0%! But you never know until you try.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I bet the recruiting posters for these sects are amazing.

“Come join the Taiyi sect for longevity and real ultimate power*”

*Longevity and real ultimate power may cause heart attacks and spontaneous penis detachment. Unsuitable candidates may be murdered by being locked in very ominous feng shui rooms so that we can capture their anguished souls to power up our gear.”

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I bet the recruiting posters for these sects are amazing.

“Come join the Taiyi sect for longevity and real ultimate power*”

*Longevity and real ultimate power may cause heart attacks and spontaneous penis detachment. Unsuitable candidates may be murdered by being locked in very ominous feng shui rooms so that we can capture their anguished souls to power up our gear.”

I mean even the recruitment is great -- when you go out and recruit in person, they all have a poorly translated line to the effect of "Hooray! This is the beginning of my journey on the path of an Immortal!" And of course, you go along with it! When in reality 99% of them aren't even under consideration for cultivation, and the vast majority will wind up shipped off to some terrible outpost in the wilderness to tend to one of my dozen different satellite monasteries, never to see their families again.

Also, I finally remembered to check out the character epilogues. They are astounding. When your cultivator dies, you get a message that the epilogue is generated, which sounded neat! I didn't really put together that it would be generating a 700 year epilogue that spans dozens of completely ridiculous reincarnations:

foqp96jw832z.jpg

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmm, so interesting thing - if you go start a monastary at a city, you get the option to do a spirit masters lodge. If you upgrade the hall and your abbot has decent stats, you will get the option to recruit a LOT of guys you can just pick through. I had a qi sense 60 lady in my last batch (after stats of course).

And it only takes 100 influence so you can repeat every few days.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Oh dang, yeah I assumed you had seen that already from the guide stuff.

It's 1000% the way to go once you get your monastaries up and running. I restarted my game (my initial map had 3 tiles of spirit soil and I didn't want to wait for the fox to slowly spread it everywhere) and have been hitting the sect stuff pretty hard this time around. I hopped on some disaster relief early (when you're a religion, disasters are opportunities!), and one of my cities has 50k followers. I had my spirit masters lodge pop 53 guys in a recruitment last night, and it was amazing! I've definitely seen more high Qi sense people using that than trying to recruit people manually, aand it's a great way to add a lot of guys to your monasteries quickly.

Oh also, Yao-Guai are amazing for monasteries. They typically have very high stats, and if you ship them off into the wilderness the whole doom shapeshifting thing becomes much less of a problem. I had a 20 social 18 combat Yao Guai show up last night, and he is now the lucky leader of one of my monasteries.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yao guai aren’t really that bad anyway once you recognize their limitations.

If you don’t mind punting them or giving them a desk job when they get close to the shift date a lot of them bring a lot to the table, and if you can get one with 400+ days on the clock getting them to primordial in that time usually isn’t a big deal if they have decent stats.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Damn you were right -- that earthen flux really packs a punch! I finally went and grabbed a couple of those for my second golden core on my new save game. I wasn't expecting it to be that much Qi, so hooray! Since this was my fire cultivator ( <3 giant gingko trees), it was enough to push him just baaarely into a tier 1 core. I also hit my first Primordial Spirit on my metal cultivator; those guys seem to cultivate super fast!

The next step is better earthen fluxes. So I've completely embraced a different part of the meta cheese -- the Hell Gate. It's overpowered, but in the most fun way!

xwk3co6ma06d.jpg

Also known as "What to do with all of those extra recruits coming through your spirit temples"

It's simple, but very effective! There is a very powerful miracle called Specter Refinement. It lets you reach inside an item and upgrade the tier of the item/material. You can double the Qi gain from an earthen flux, or make your talisman paper give huge boosts to the stats of any talisman drawn on it. But, you need an anguished soul gem to use this miracle. That's where the Hell Gate comes in.

You toss a Sect Gate into a room, and make it the most spooky haunted anti-feng shui room you can (dying in a Very Ominous room grants an anguish soul gem). Well, the Sect Gate is a magnet for every recruit you invite to your sect. They will go there and worship until you accept them. So you plop down a couple of Soul Pearls (for freezing) or Blazing Feathers (for burning) and the anguished soul gems basically make themselves! Once your satellite monastaries are up and running (with a good population) you will find yourself with waaay more recruits than you need. You'll need to filter through and find the useful ones, but pretty much always wind up with 8 or 9 free recruit slots that would otherwise go unused. It's kind of frightening how quick this process is! After a couple of hours last night, I'm already up to 126 anguish soul gems.

Everyone has a use at the Fiayangchi Sect!

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I found a 13 year old girl as a recruit, with the "Starkiller" backstory that gives here like 50 battle.

Now she's a 14 year old Physical Cultivator, who kills attackers so fast that I often have to order her to attack again because she killed the first dude so fast that the others didn't respond and the disciple AI thinks that means the fight is over.

And yes, she has the Chun-Li Buns hairstyle

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I do feel slightly bad about my Hell Gate, but the results have overcome my guilt! This tier 12 earthen flux just increased my Core Shaping cultivist's Qi by 5000, and tier 12 blood talisman paper gives double effects for talismans relative to normal blood talisman paper. Specter Refinement costs 30k Qi a pop, but I'm working on getting more Qi manuals, and in the meantime it turns out Spiritual Breath Chant is pretty amazing for regaining Qi. I'm excited to raise my second generation of cultivists with a bunch of ridiculous boosted items -- I just need a bit more Qi for the body cultivation miracles to get started.

Also wooh, I just unlocked Emotion Severing. I picked up Myriad Artifact yesterday too, so hopefully I can start doing some crazy stuff soon.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just out of curiousity how much qi does your primordial spirit guy have?