Options

Des2ny: Beyond Light

Crippl3Crippl3 ohnoRegistered User regular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWs6zpm5xZY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthLUnEqT5k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A32M1Lz9eIY

Destiny 2, the sequel to Destiny! It has a new expansion out, called Beyond Light! It's pretty good!
Let's talk about it here!

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    I tried to get 100K on the Nightfall like 6 times for the pinnacle drop and failed
    and then I go over to crucible and realize I don't even have to win a match to get one?
    what is my brain

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yup! I'm really bad at crucible but I blunder my way through a few matches every week because of that.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I somehow only *just now* found out that the nightfall has tiers where matchmaking is enabled.

feel way better about the objectives where I need to defeat champions in strikes.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    Why is Des2ny not the official title for the game

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I finally got that motherfucker Phylaks this morning. I may have just had a better set of guns (some random auto rifle and rocket launcher and the new exotic slug shotgun) or it might have been switching from gunslinger to nightstalker, who knows, but I did it

Now I can do - let me see here - oh yeah the rest of the dang campaign

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Offer is still there for fireteam help

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    okay the seventh seraph explody orange ball gimmick is kinda neat.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Tam wrote: »
    I tried to get 100K on the Nightfall like 6 times for the pinnacle drop and failed
    and then I go over to crucible and realize I don't even have to win a match to get one?
    what is my brain

The Nightfall 100k pinnacle is a +2 one, while the crucible/normal strike/gambit pinnacles are +1, but the UI doesn't display that anywhere. It's very hard to get 100k if you're doing a matchmaking tier, especially now that the strikes where that was pretty easy are gone.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I’ve gotten 100k on heroic nightfall exactly once, and it was on Titan

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Any news on when exactly the next gen patch will come out? I’m waiting on downloading and installing this until then on my series x

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    It should be happening this Tuesday, per the TWAB last Thursday

• Options
    I started a Titan and if I’d known that one of the Arc supers was just flying forward like Superman to punch a bad guy in the face... Well, I would have played more Titan.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I started a Titan and if I’d known that one of the Arc supers was just flying forward like Superman to punch a bad guy in the face... Well, I would have played more Titan.

you get that as an arc melee special too.

• Options

The power of Yeet features strongly in many of the Titan sub-classes (fire hammers, void shield, yourself but with electricity, etc.)

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I'm still holding on to some ancient legendary gear I think I carried over from D1 and also the MIDA extra-dimensional multi-tool combo. I've got lots of other situation specific weapons bit this is my main run around shoot stuff build.

kcsuod0g6bh4.jpg

Weaver on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    FYI, with Salvation's Grip it is now possible to get both secret chests in Last Wish from the Shuro Chi checkpoint. Saves a bit of time, and also means that Hunters can get that one solo again.

Here's a clip I made showing the path up and where to shoot the icicle in order to make it clip you through the door.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

Top tree arc titan is great fun.
    Two grenade charges, superman punch melee and a fuck all y'all super.

It used to be great in Crucible too, but not so much these days.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    no one can ever stop me from being a shoulder charging hooligan in crucible, no one

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Because of the way the score modifiers work it's really hard to get a 100k Nightfall outside of the 1250 and up varieties, which means they're really hard to get without a fireteam. If you go on an LFG site there are usually people asking for 100k nightfalls/no mic so you don't necessarily have to talk to the people you're playing with (you could also just create that request for yourself, people will do it).

Also if you're playing Titan you should try out the Dunemarchers exotic legs, they add the power of chain lightning to all Titan yeets and they are my favorite thing.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    If you have the Season Pass, HAWKMOON is now out. Go see Spider to pick up the quest.

Also:
    Patch notes: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49928 (lots of bugfixes, PS5/Xbox Series enhancements (4k60, 120 FPS Crucible, FOV slider), Prophecy dungeon and guns/armor return
    Article on upcoming reward changes and more: https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49957 (Next season more guns will be entering the pool than leaving, armor transmog coming Season 14, new Nightfall exclusive weapons next season, crossplay coming next year, and more, read it)
    You can now get bounties from the Destiny 2 app without having to go to the Tower: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/49485

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Getting a lot of weasels right now

Ohh, marionberry is a new one

• Options
    Hawkmoon?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Exotic hand cannon from D1

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    You can now get bounties from the Destiny 2 app without having to go to the Tower: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/49485

Oh SHIT this kinda rules tbh

• Options
    ooo feels so much better playing at 60fps

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Me before this patch: I don't really care about framerate

Me after this patch: framerate is the most important thing in the world to me

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Me before this patch: I don't really care about framerate

Me after this patch: framerate is the most important thing in the world to me

Yeah after the borderlands 3 update and now this I don’t think I can go back to 30fps for shooters especially now

Prohass on
  • Options
    I’ve played mostly on pc so when I boot up the xbone version it’s very evident

• Options
    Yeah I've been playing on Xbox recently, I moved to PC a long time ago but came back to Xbox because Beyond Light is part of Game Pass on console
    the FOV and FPS suuuuuuck, at least the loading got a lot better

• Options
    speaking of PC
    Beyond Light is on sale on Steam right now until the 15th, $30: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1314563/Destiny_2_Beyond_Light/

• Options
    I have stumbled through Iron Banner enough to where I have 3 of the 4 bounties done. Last one I have is kills through abilities.

I wonder how unfair to my team it would be if I just focused on trying to get those done. Probably pretty unfair, yeah? Also not terribly fun, if I’m just using those abilities there’d be a long wait for cooldowns.

I’m also trying for the quest just to do it, but the current step requires scout rifle kills of which I have... 2. I’m sure I could get it eventually, but dang, even with all the scout rifle boosting mods equipped I am still complete ass. Maybe I should try an exotic scout rifle.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Dunno when you dipped in and out but Symmetry is a very good exotic Scout Rifle, which was a season pass weapon a few seasons ago and so you might have it but have forgotten about it. Jade Rabbit and Polaris Lance are also popular but they're not as much my cup of tea.

• Options
    I never saw much Symmetry in crucible, it was around in Gambit for a hot minute though

Remember when MIDA was the the only viable Crucible gun?

• Options
    I definitely was dead weight for my Crucible team last night as I insisted on getting my precision and shotgun kills for the Chaperone exotic quest rather than using guns and tactics that would actually help

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I definitely was dead weight for my Crucible team last night as I insisted on getting my precision and shotgun kills for the Chaperone exotic quest rather than using guns and tactics that would actually help

Hey, enough practice with Chaperone or another good slug shotgun and you will be actually helping your team quite a bit.

There have been many a time where I have went up against some absolute monster who knew their map surroundings and their ideal engagement distance with Chaperone. And they have been near impossible to get the better of, just one-shotting anyone that gets near them.

• Options
    I have stumbled through Iron Banner enough to where I have 3 of the 4 bounties done. Last one I have is kills through abilities.

I wonder how unfair to my team it would be if I just focused on trying to get those done. Probably pretty unfair, yeah? Also not terribly fun, if I’m just using those abilities there’d be a long wait for cooldowns.

I’m also trying for the quest just to do it, but the current step requires scout rifle kills of which I have... 2. I’m sure I could get it eventually, but dang, even with all the scout rifle boosting mods equipped I am still complete ass. Maybe I should try an exotic scout rifle.

A big thing to remember is there are armor mods that decrease ability timers, mostly via certain triggers, but there’s also just the ones for stats that control the timers themselves.

And don’t worry about being dead weight, it’s all part of the play experience, sometimes it feels like the whole team is there to fulfill a quest requirement or ten.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    Picked this up for the game awards sale and damn it looks so much better on my PC than on PS4.

psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Destiny 2 is very nice on PS5

• Options

Precision kills in crucible are the bane of my existence.

• Options
    Honestly, grenade kills are harder (for me) than precision

jnij103vqi2i.png