Options

Then put your little hand in mine...

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
MmUqkeH.png

Okay campers! Rise and shine! And don't forget your booties cause its cold out there today.
Its cold out there everyday. What is this, Miami Beach?
Not hardly. And you know you can expect hazardous travel later today with that you know that blizzard thing.
Oh that blizzard thing. That blizzard thing. Oh well here's the report, the National Weather Service is calling for a "big blizzard thing."
Yes they are, but you know there's another reason that today is especially exciting
Especially cold
Especially cold, okay, but the big question of everybody's lips
On their chapped lips
On their chapped lips, right, do you think Phil is going to come out and see his shadow?
PUNXatawny Phil
That's right, woodchuck chuckers its GROUNDHOG DAY!
Get up and shake that hog out there
C'mere groundhog

Its February 2nd. You can see how to watch Groundhog Day on demand here

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Wait, shit. How will timspork's ghost show Groundhog Day once and only once to his students this year?

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    This is my brother's favourite movie

I'm quite partial to it as well

Interesting to see how different the movie was before the constant rewrites

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Wait, shit. How will timspork's ghost show Groundhog Day once and only once to his students this year?

Who?

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    This is my brother's favourite movie

I'm quite partial to it as well

Interesting to see how different the movie was before the constant rewrites

Is there a place to see said version of the movie? In script form, I assume?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So what is it?

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Didn't we do this thread already?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    So what is it?

So it's decided, then

We consult Holly

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »

I guess he just picked an unfortunate year to decide to do this for the first time.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    I'll try to watch the Xena Groundhog Day episode at some point today.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I finally actually watched this for the first time last year, and since then I think I can actually state pretty definitively that it is my favorite movie.

Anyways, I totally didn't realize what today was and this just made my day.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Same, but the Stargate episode.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Watch out for that first step, it's a doozy!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck! It is February 2nd already

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Fuck! It is February 2nd again

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. Six more weeks of winter!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Thank God dry January is over

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Yeah, but what if you got to choose the day that you had to live over and over?

I'd probably make sure it was a day when I had a bunch of crackers and hubba bubba in the house.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    mcp wrote: »
    Thank God dry January is over

Dry January is a tool of the devil and I will not participate.

The evil devil, not the cool one

• Options
    Living in Minnesota means winter doesn’t really end until May anyway

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Our blizzard thing came last night

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Yay it’s nearly my birthday

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Yay it’s nearly my birthday

Oh boy oh boy, I know what Blake's getting you!

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Nothing??

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    Alright I'll have to put that movie on tonight. It's been a while and it seems like a fitting day.

• Options
    Tef wrote: »
    Nothing??

What, you were expecting a dishwasher or something?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Dang, it's not streaming on any of the services I subscribe to. I guess I could buy it, but it doesn't really seem like the kind of movie you watch more than once.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »

Same, but the Agents of SHIELD episode.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Another name for groundhogs is thickwood badger

:winky:

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    My birthday is today, does that mean for the day I can go by the name "Thickwood"?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Same, but the Supernatural episode.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Same, but the Agents of SHIELD episode.

Same, but the Legends of Tomorrow episode

• Options
    Real talk though: has anyone ever stood in a shower, turned on the water, and expected it to be an okay temperature right away? Is this a weird New England boiler thing I'm not aware of?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Real talk though: has anyone ever stood in a shower, turned on the water, and expected it to be an okay temperature right away? Is this a weird New England boiler thing I'm not aware of?
    I've lived in New England my whole life, and not only have I never done this but the very concept sounds downright insane to me.

Like, there's variance--I've lived in houses that need fifteen seconds and I've lived in houses that needed several minutes--but instantly? Ahahaha no. Is that not normal everywhere else?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options

No way, even when it's 110F outside I don't trust my shower to start out warm.

• Options
    Wyvern wrote: »
    I've lived in New England my whole life, and not only have I never done this but the very concept sounds downright insane to me.

Like, there's variance--I've lived in houses that need fifteen seconds and I've lived in houses that needed several minutes--but instantly? Ahahaha no. Is that not normal everywhere else?

Bill Murray just blasts himself with cold water several days in a row like he didn't expect it. Just making sure that was a movie thing and not an indication that other people had a very different water heating experience in other parts of the county.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

My childhood home works this way.

It showers are pretty reliable.

Its the sinks that you have to watch out for. My friends growing up would constantly burn themselves because our hot water is always lava hot 1 seconds after being turned on.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Bill Murray just blasts himself with cold water several days in a row like he didn't expect it. Just making sure that was a movie thing and not an indication that other people had a very different water heating experience in other parts of the county.

I mean people do it to themselves because it's first thing in the morning and their head is full of static still.

• Options
    edited February 2021

My childhood home works this way.

It showers are pretty reliable.

Its the sinks that you have to watch out for. My friends growing up would constantly burn themselves because our hot water is always lava hot 1 seconds after being turned on.

Did you have separate hot and cold water taps in the sink? This is for science.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Living in Minnesota means the water in the pipes is god damned cold.

You let the water run for a few minutes