As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Ice Hockey. All kind of vicious sticks, Goalies with power trappers.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Day 3 of the Aeldari Christmas leaks:
    Eldar versus Chaos boxset is coming, Eldar side gets Rangers, Ranger Jetbikes and the female Autarch sculpt. Chaos side gets Warpsmith, Chosen and Forgefiend (which is the only current model in the box).

• Options
    And today's rumour engine is a Ranger long rifle.
    uPOFpoWVmLThEQLy.jpg

For reference:
    99810104005_Rangers5NEW_02.jpg

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    There was a sneak preview a while back that was almost certainly a warpsmith

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Christmas rumour engine is starting and the whole thing is elder themed! Are we getting a month full of craftworld teasers?!

There's also a new set of leaks flying around about this - today's rumour is Craftworlds, Harlequins, Ynnari and Corsairs are all going to be in Codex Aeldari, with another leak scheduled for each day this month.

So similar to the Marine book. All-encompassing with supps for specific variants.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Christmas rumour engine is starting and the whole thing is elder themed! Are we getting a month full of craftworld teasers?!

There's also a new set of leaks flying around about this - today's rumour is Craftworlds, Harlequins, Ynnari and Corsairs are all going to be in Codex Aeldari, with another leak scheduled for each day this month.

So similar to the Marine book. All-encompassing with supps for specific variants.

Why corsairs? and not exodites? and why the harlequins in this rat crashing tome?

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    So I started playing Drukhari this year and broke my rule for one new army per year thing and grabbed some Tsons as well.

I really haven't clicked with Tsons because my mushbrain is more suited to playing things like Orks (run forward -> punch things)... I might flip those dusty boys before year end and add some Eldar to my Drukhari force when they release.

I've loved playing stabby elves this year.... the only thing that's kept me from shiny elves was how crap the sculpts were. If that many units are getting revamps it might be a fun addition. I'd play harlequins in a heartbeat but the thought of painting them to a level I'd be happy with is daunting to say the least.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    The lads arrive Tuesday, provided DLH doesn't screw something up. Only piece I'm worried about in shipping is the lances on the jet bikes. Everything else at a breakable joint on the big stuff is magnetic, including the bikes to their stands and the Telemon at his waist and arms.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    From the discord/Reddit leak the ranger bike rules
    https://imgur.com/Q5B4qFR

Scatter laser plus normal long rifle, ignore cover in 12". Some kind of move shoot move rule.

First reaction is if that is all, that looks a bit superfluous with normal rangers and regular jetbikes. Looking forward to the model mostly.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Move shoot move could be cool with how terrain dense a lot of 9th boards seem to be.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    xpnqjjx9z5rg.png
    Hmm I think this is either a ranger leader or Illic Nightspear

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Forgeworld is having a competition similar to the past couple GW ones (buy a certain amount on the webstore, have a chance to win some stuff).

What's different: rather than set up an alternate form of entry for those in places that require such, the competition is just not available to citizens of the USA, Canada, Northern Ireland, Italy, Japan and half of Australia.

• Options
    I know this is at a time when I was rather naive in a lack of info as I never knew why Canada had that math problem as an alternate form of entry. As it only really came up again when I got the jovian chronicles rpg and seeing all the trig questions in it just to play
    I really do have hope I can get the two AoS armies when I get paid later as there is a overall lack of them on ebay. I know people were kind of mad some of them were only available after xmas

• Options
    novaspikenovaspike Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I know this is at a time when I was rather naive in a lack of info as I never knew why Canada had that math problem as an alternate form of entry. As it only really came up again when I got the jovian chronicles rpg and seeing all the trig questions in it just to play
    I really do have hope I can get the two AoS armies when I get paid later as there is a overall lack of them on ebay. I know people were kind of mad some of them were only available after xmas

For the Canada math thing, wasn't it so that legally you won a skill based contest rather then a lottery (so technically not gambling)?

• Options
    novaspike wrote: »

For the Canada math thing, wasn't it so that legally you won a skill based contest rather then a lottery (so technically not gambling)?

I know that now but back then it was the lack of info of why and not knowing how to ask the question

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Had an abysmal showing at the RTT with DG yesterday. 0-3 due to the worst my dice rolling has ever been.

Going to put these guys on a shelf for a while and focus on Nids, I think.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Picked up a Thunderhawk yesterday for Aeronautica and built. Thing is as big as a dread. Has a ton of detail. Its gorgeous. I have two fire raptors I need to build still and then I have all the marine flyers done. The kits are so good.

Also last night was our club Christmas party. Proof of vaccination required. Door prizes as well. I got a red gobo on a squig, some ad mech dice, and some Eldar dice from ages ago that are nearly impossible to read.

The main prize was a $300 gift card to the store we play out of. Overall a great night.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    The one detail I don't like about the new thunderhawk is the missing t-wing in the back.

• Options
    LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    The one detail I don't like about the new thunderhawk is the missing t-wing in the back.

Oh god I've just realised that's why the redesign has always looked so off to me! Why on earth change that?

• Options
    Sprue space maybe.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Today's previews are GSC and Custodes.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/12/02/the-upcoming-genestealer-cults-codex-lets-you-pin-flank-and-destroy-with-the-crossfire-rule/

GSC is really interesting with the crossfire ability. I figure it will be good or real bad. But Ilike it.

I already use my Cult like this. It’s just giving me a bonus to play the way I normally do.

Give me the book already GW.

• Options
    Sprue space maybe.

Probably an engineering problem as doing slot casting is a pain to set up and building the model is another reason

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I read the Genestealer article a second time and there’s 2 rules in there. They make a big deal out of Exposed but I think the bigger deal is Crossfire.

If a unit with Crossfire causes 5 hits or any hit with a weapon with damage greater than 1, the enemy unit gets a Crossfire token. Any other units with Crossfire gain +1 to hit that turn.

That’s huge. Genestealers biggest problem is BS 4+, but if you can land, say, a bunch of hits from an Achilles on an enemy unit, suddenly your blobs of Neophytes with Mining Lasers and Grenade Launchers are BS 3+ against that unit.

There’s an actual benefit to concentrating fire. That’s pretty huge.

You could also do something like a small shotgun Neophyte squad ambushing and firing 20 shots that absolutely won’t kill a tank but give any Mining Lasers/Heavy Mining Lasers firing at the tank +1 to hit and +1 to wound depending on the angle you attack from.

It’s basically Genestealer Marker Lights, so it’s really going to come down to what units will have Crossfire to see how good it is.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Whelp I delayed too long on ordering one of the special Chaplains for Wh40K Astartes, and missed out on the one with the plasma pistol :(

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Yeah I am cautiously optimistic about GSC

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I read the Genestealer article a second time and there’s 2 rules in there. They make a big deal out of Exposed but I think the bigger deal is Crossfire.

If a unit with Crossfire causes 5 hits or any hit with a weapon with damage greater than 1, the enemy unit gets a Crossfire token. Any other units with Crossfire gain +1 to hit that turn.

That’s huge. Genestealers biggest problem is BS 4+, but if you can land, say, a bunch of hits from an Achilles on an enemy unit, suddenly your blobs of Neophytes with Mining Lasers and Grenade Launchers are BS 3+ against that unit.

There’s an actual benefit to concentrating fire. That’s pretty huge.

You could also do something like a small shotgun Neophyte squad ambushing and firing 20 shots that absolutely won’t kill a tank but give any Mining Lasers/Heavy Mining Lasers firing at the tank +1 to hit and +1 to wound depending on the angle you attack from.

It’s basically Genestealer Marker Lights, so it’s really going to come down to what units will have Crossfire to see how good it is.

Yeah I kind of just fell into starting GSC and these rules seem real cool.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Also just realised - flamers. They auto hit. I’m assuming Neophytes will be Crossfire since they are an example unit. Small squads with a pair of flamers suddenly get dangerous.

Again, assumption - if Lying in Wait still exists, dropping one behind a tough unit to auto-Crossfire it with Flamers, and also be in position for Exposed so a Neophyte squad can lay in with Mining Lasers/Seismic Cannons and Grenade launchers. That could really hurt tough squads.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    I wonder if the rumour engine will start showing of another kit than Rangers. The thing about today'S pcture is mostly that there'll be at least one model without the usual Ranger backpack.

I guess we'll be seeing something quite different at least, with the spiky text teaser and the engine changing colour.

honovere on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hey, we had a jetbike thruster, what more do you want!? Though I guess that could be some kinda ranger jetbike...

I don't think the leaks suggested any Ynnari specific models? But with the purple colour shift and yesterday's cryptic quote that's the vibe I'm getting.

• Options
    The biggest downer for the advent engine is that there are currently still unresolved teasers from last year's advent engine.

• Options
    The biggest downer for the advent engine is that there are currently still unresolved teasers from last year's advent engine.

ewzy7b0lylih.pngi6vrzhwxjbtr.png
    Only two
    They have previewed parts of the avatar and maybe some other models over this year though

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I guess I've never really cared about the time between rumour engine tease and model reveal, it's just a cute little snapshot to speculate over, if it gets released in two weeks or two years I don't mind. Plus, you know, I only collect certain ranges, it's not like I'm going to buy up every rumour engined model anyway!

• Options

ewzy7b0lylih.pngi6vrzhwxjbtr.png
    Only two
    They have previewed parts of the avatar and maybe some other models over this year though

The one on the left is 100% going to be with guard I think. Inquisitorial or like a commissar.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Commissar is schola progenium. I think that would have the ecclesiarchy symbol if any besides the general imperium symbols. Also too much filigree on the cloth there I think.

There were some rumours about an Inquisition retinue set this year.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I hate the rumor engine. Completely pointless, because at no point does anyone actually match the clue to the solution, even when it is out. At least nowhere I can find.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I guess I've never really cared about the time between rumour engine tease and model reveal, it's just a cute little snapshot to speculate over, if it gets released in two weeks or two years I don't mind. Plus, you know, I only collect certain ranges, it's not like I'm going to buy up every rumour engined model anyway!

If you want to look at the tease/reveal over time this page has it all
    https://warbosskurgan.blogspot.com/p/rumour-engines.html

• Options
    I hate the rumor engine. Completely pointless, because at no point does anyone actually match the clue to the solution, even when it is out. At least nowhere I can find.

I know chunks of Reddit do.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Corvus Belli used to (I’ve not checked recently) show snippets for future models but you’d be able to tell from the design of armour and guns pretty easily as factions are quite specific.

It feels like GW are sort of copying that but they’ve ignored the fact they don’t say anything about what is coming up and that there’s something like 40+ factions a shoe could be coming from.

This advent stuff is obviously Eldar but it’s not like I’ve any idea of what the model might look like to then get excited. If GW just released an official list of what’s coming out in 2-3 months time, I’d be more hyped than showing these snippets through December

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Happening status: It's
    tF8RZu7.jpg

First model freed from it's bubbly plastic shackles:
    WOzm4F4.jpg

Most of the models made it perfectly fine, but a few Custodian Guard I need to glue weapons/arms back in. Given that it got tossed around and flown across the ocean I'll take it.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    part of me likes the rumor engine for both showing off part of the model and the hype for the most part I could care less
    Still I am curious overall if they are getting rid of the resin models since the craftworld eldars are the worst for it {and still sell the metal models for them :rotate:}
    Would they sneak in the drukhari? Since they only have a handful of models left in resin? [the court of the archon, the Grotesque which I do hope you can custom with the parts from the talos, Urien Rakarth, mandrakes and the beastmaster with their friends