As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] A Very Aeldari Christmas

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    The iron crown helm looks super derpy, and I have no idea what expression that face is supposed to be. "Ooooooooh, heresy"

Lucky the battle sister kit comes with lots of extra heads for kitbashing.

Perhaps it's "UwU, heresy"?

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    The iron crown helm looks super derpy, and I have no idea what expression that face is supposed to be. "Ooooooooh, heresy"

Lucky the battle sister kit comes with lots of extra heads for kitbashing.

Perhaps it's "UwU, heresy"?

"All adepts describing the Dogmata as 'cute' will be sentenced to Repentia status. Any accusations of 'moe' will result in immediate sentencing to Mortifier engines."

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I preordered Piety and Pain from one shop because the other one wasn't expecting to get enough in for me to get one. Then, the other shop ended up getting enough, so I split one with a friend (me taking the Sisters, him taking the Dark Eldar), but then the other other shop called me and said that I was the only one who preordered, but that they hadn't received the box yet, but their rep said it should be in "soon", and that they would give me a discount to make up for it. So I might be able to get another box and offload the extra Deldar half and extra Sisters Primaris Lieutenant for a total of two Sisters halves.

I'd go from only having a few Sisters Rhinos to two Immolators, which would be pretty nice. After that I just want to pick up an Exorcist and a set of Penitent Engines and my army will be ready to rock.

The Crusade Rules included in the box are pretty wild, you can pick a bonus of having Multimeltas in your Retributor Squads always count as being within half range for damage.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok odd I started to build the warriors from the wrath box but they have larger bases than normal as my warriors have the 40mm base these are bigger. Most of my warriors are from 10 years ago so.

I bought Piety and Pain from GW when it went up for pre order as ebay was out and not knowing if the GW store would get one or more than X
    It has not shipped yet but as I said because I was tired and BoA did the call me I used paypal to pay for it
    I don't get why I can drop 50 to 100 on the hell known to men and they don't bat an eye spend a dime at GW they freak out but this is one of the many things I don't get like buying stuff on the blizzard ap I have to put in my password again to buy it but gifting it's good to go

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok odd I started to build the warriors from the wrath box but they have larger bases than normal as my warriors have the 40mm base these are bigger. Most of my warriors are from 10 years ago so.

Warriors have been on 40mm bases since 3rd edition, and still are as of the new box.

Sounds like you got the wrong bases.

• Options
    Dumped out the box found the 40mm bases under the instructions but the bases I found earlier are far larger
    o68ybwqadnkb.png

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Speaking of bases, has anyone recently opened a box of Necron Wraiths? I see people saying they are on 50mm bases now but GW doesn't have a base size chart for 40K like they do for AoS.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    If you go to the GW webstore page for a particular product it will tell you what bases are included in the box as part of the 'description' drop down tab.

I can't promise it's 100 percent accurate I suppose, but it says Wraiths are on 50 mm rounds.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    It’s a known issue with that box about the warriors - you’re allowed to use those bases too

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Wraiths got bumped to 50mm yes.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    That DE Combat Patrol box was just too damn tempting.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting on my Piety and Pain box :rotate:

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    If you squint at that new Sister model, it looks like a fire hydrant.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    alxb2nxg5fgb.png

Look at this old friend showing back up in the new WD art.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    That mean chaos incoming?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »

Chaos has to be soon. Cultists have disappeared from the store.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    So this upcoming Crusade it looks like I'll be fielding my new Drukhari against a split of Sisters of Battle and Dark Angels.

DA crusade rules are pretty neat in that I get an extra model for free to represent a Fallen each match, HOWEVER... if my DA opponent kills it he can induct a unit into the Inner Circle giving them a permanent transhuman. Also, lots of his stuff like HQ's and Bladeguard will have Inner circle by default.

Having never played as Drukhari, and never played against the new DA codex, what's the best way to play around an always on transhuman? Just use volume of fire to chip wounds? Drive up a boat full of Incubi and start chopping?

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options

Its out of the upcoming White Dwarf about the invasion of Metallica.

I would love CSM. Ad Mech and CSM are my last two codexes to buy.

Till Codex: Emperor's Children.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The last white dwarf had dire avengers on the cover.

It had a painting showcase article for eldar. So I wouldn't read to much into we having a csm artwork.

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    The last white dwarf had dire avengers on the cover.

It had a painting showcase article for eldar. So I wouldn't read to much into we having a csm artwork.

It has a painting article for the Biel Tan craftworlders, I wanted to flip though it just to see if that's what my brother wants [he is doing his craftworld army as that}
    I know it's basically less than 2 hours round trip to the GW store on a bike I do want to go for that paint deal at least. Yesterday was nice weather today it's high winds in the afternoon which was one of the two reasons that I did not go this last weekend. So hopefully baring weather I am able to go in the next 3 days

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I would love it if CSM got updated soon, I have more Chaos models than anything else but I’m holding off painting them because I still can’t decide which Legion to run them as. New rules might make that decision a bit easier

Would also love for Emperor’s Children to get the same full codex & model range treatment as the Death Guard. The DG minis have so much character and I want that for Noise Marines damnit (World Eaters too but mainly EC)

• Options
    Nechriah wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I would love it if CSM got updated soon, I have more Chaos models than anything else but I’m holding off painting them because I still can’t decide which Legion to run them as. New rules might make that decision a bit easier

Would also love for Emperor’s Children to get the same full codex & model range treatment as the Death Guard. The DG minis have so much character and I want that for Noise Marines damnit (World Eaters too but mainly EC)

I have an apoc level of CSM. With more on the painting block. Just holding off till the dex drops.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I just have the start collecting box, an extra 10 Marines so I can actually give the squads loadouts that make sense, and a squad of Havocs

I used the Marines from the start collecting box to test a bunch of colour schemes to see which one I liked painting more but I liked painting all of them, even Alpha Legion (turns out I’m slightly colourblind for blues/greens, which I didn’t know until I tried washing and highlighting Alpha Legion)

• Options
    I just have my old word bearer/world eater army and the ones that came in shadowspear
    As it is a backburner army from a epoch ago. Last year's xmas deal with the shadowspear and other things made me think about rebooting them but to what?

• Options
    Errybody waiting on that new Chaos ‘dex it seems

• Options
    Building my new tyranid warriors I am going to give them the deathspitter. But I am going to magnetize two of them at the hips to be able to switch out to primes
    Just I don't know if I want to give the warriors I switch out the heavy weapons like the venom cannon or barbed strangler instead or one of the primes with it

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Building my new tyranid warriors I am going to give them the deathspitter. But I am going to magnetize two of them at the hips to be able to switch out to primes
    Just I don't know if I want to give the warriors I switch out the heavy weapons like the venom cannon or barbed strangler instead or one of the primes with it

Primes can’t take venom cannons or barbed stranglers in the current codex.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    If any of the current 9th codexes are evidence, nids are going to be in a very different place when they get theirs. Heming and hawing about which wargear is better is a total crapshoot at the moment, as it will all likely be completely overhauled anyways.

Hell, spinefists and rending claws might be the go-to loadout for all we know.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I know they cannot right now but I have to drill the hips for the magnet first before I put the guns on
    I have 18 warriors 2 swap out to be primes [shows how old my warriors are as most from the pre prime era}

Who knows as the prime does need some help with the changes to various armies we have seen I feel warriors will get scary
    The Prime might be a even scarier warrior. still I would like a flying warrior [the Shrikes} so I can do an all flying army I would have to get a harpy. But again I know they have said they want people to play with the bigger bugs so I feel the codex will really become really flexible so you can do still the swarm but things like the all warrior army or an all burrowing one and so on

• Options
    So I have been washing back and forth about how to do the arms for the dakkafex
    Digging in the various bags of tyranid bits I thought I have a ton of the claws I have not used and though small and beefy they look like they can take two of the devourer guns with a little help
    So this is what I slapped together in a few
    ib51icepn06g.png

And on the body I am building the dakkafex with
    5athgdh23elb.png

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    And the DE codex is OOS. OOS to the point where my FLGS is getting a total of zero of them. New hotness indeed.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    They had the codex at the GW store I passed on it and the combat patrol in favor of spending a bunch on paint
    They only got in two copies of Piety N pain

I blew out the back tire on my bike riding back but I am over joyed I can finally paint once more!

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Thank you for posting this. Not because of what it is (mildly amusing), but because it reminded me today is April 1st and the collective internet is just gonna be a more worthless pile of garbage than usual.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
  • Options
    Getting ready to play this Sunday in person for the first time since last August? Maybe September. My club was doing outdoor gaming then.

Just finished some normal not push fit eradictors. Cool box and all. Also there are like 23 heads for 3 models.

Its really funny.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I bought some rubber magnetic sheets to glue into a container and put magnets on the bottom of bases to hold stuff in place but the rubber magnetic sheet feels weak. The mini I put on there stays in place if I flip it over or sideways though but it feels like there is almost no pull when I take the mini off the sheet.

Has anyone done this and know if this is what I want or are the sheets potentially too weak?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ive never found magnetic sheets strong enough to be worthwhile. A guy I play with has a sheet of ferrous metal.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Ive never found magnetic sheets strong enough to be worthwhile. A guy I play with has a sheet of ferrous metal.

Where did they get it? The only thing I can find when looking up ferrous metal sheets are saw blades.

I put the magnetized mini on a steel bar I use for priming magnetized stuff and it sticks exactly how I want to it so yea, these sheets are not great. Considering refunding them or maybe finding another use for them.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I bought some rubber magnetic sheets to glue into a container and put magnets on the bottom of bases to hold stuff in place but the rubber magnetic sheet feels weak. The mini I put on there stays in place if I flip it over or sideways though but it feels like there is almost no pull when I take the mini off the sheet.

Has anyone done this and know if this is what I want or are the sheets potentially too weak?

Sheet magnets are just fridge magnets. If you got good magnets on the bottom of your mini's that have some decent pull to itself/each other, just just use a sheet of metal (I think people say metal roofing shingles work) that they stick to. At least that's what I think should work.

akirasig.jpg