As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] Wrath of the Lich King is Live!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I only got into the late 30s on a priest and that is how I felt.

I played the first few months of TBC and never got anywhere. I did everything in Vanilla without really any break.

I plan on using the boost thing because I am not leveling through classic at this point. I just would need to pick a class.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Does TBC have a release date yet? I quit real early into classic and my shaman is only level 53 and I'm not sure if it is worth coming back already or just waiting for TBC.

I keep getting a real brutal feeling of missing out on the classic experience and it bums me out when I try to start playing my shaman again.

I have played since Vanilla though so its not like I never had the classic experience.

it doesn't have a date, but now is kind of a decent time to start playing since there's a lot of activity in the leveling part of the game right now as people get prepped for it, especially if you're in for "the experience", I would say unless blizzard announces fresh server this will be your last chance to have anything close to a healthy vanilla gameplay experience

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My night elf priest is 20 because I was leveling with my brother's protection warrior for those sweet instant group spots
    My Undead priest is 36 as it was a ugly run as well as the ugly stuff that was happening to me in R/L that caused me to stop playing
    When i came back last month it was just tells of level and wtf you are not 60 go level this is one of the reasons I dislike Atiesh

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is there an active Horde guild? I'm in the one on Fairbanks but it seems pretty dead.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    oh

oh wow

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-future-of-world-buffs-in-classic-era/923110
    We’ve been wanting to do something about that side-effect, without completely abandoning our philosophy for WoW Classic, so we’re going to try something new in Patch 1.13.7: The Chronoboon Displacer.

What is it?

The Chronoboon Displacer is an item you buy which takes a snapshot of your world buffs, such as Rallying Cry of Dragonslayer, Songflower, etc. and saves them for use at a later time. Of course we don’t want to change things too radically, so it comes with some significant restrictions: While you are under the effects of the Chronoboon Displacer, you can’t benefit from any of the world buffs that it’s holding for you. That keeps you from getting a second set of buffs, and then still feeling like you need to log off. Also, when you release the buffs from the Chronoboon Displacer, it puts the item on a 1 hour cooldown so that you can’t toggle your buffs on for bosses and off for the rest of the raid.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    lol

now that it won't matter? or is that prepatch so we'll at least get a little bit of time?

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Looks like prepatch:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/the-future-of-world-buffs-in-classic-era/923110/6
    It will come out before Burning Crusade Classic is released.

Sounds like it's in the same version on the PTR, which also removes spell batching.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i guess even though I think this change is stupid, it's a tiny beacon of light for them supporting the vanilla servers long term since otherwise there's basically no reason to do this at this point

i wonder if the quest you have to do for chromie is just the quest she already gives you that nobody except for me did

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    If they did add more quests than that, wouldn't that be the first actual content added to Classic Wow? Like its small, but its new content in an old version of the game. That was like a BIG deal when this first started (though to be fair they were more talking about actual new zones and such). Kind of crazy to think it is happening.

I wonder if anything, even small, would be added to TBC? Like quests here and there to help fix some minor issues with style.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2021
    lol

now that it won't matter? or is that prepatch so we'll at least get a little bit of time?
    No Changes crowd would have shit themselves in a rage, so I can see why they’d do it now.

Also, having seen the consequences of going strictly for a carbon copy of vanilla, I imagine stuff like this will be easier to add to TBC without much complaint

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bananarchy

• Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    :tell_me_more:

o68njzo98deh.png

nwpgu7xn3eir.gif

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Allyxia wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    :tell_me_more:

o68njzo98deh.png

nwpgu7xn3eir.gif

YEAH WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AROUND WHEN WE WERE PICKING SHADOW PRIESTS!

• Options
    I'll have my revenge

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I'll have my revenge

What are you gonna do, heal us all to death?

• Options
    Watch me heal PATCHWERK

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Should I change all the heal assignment macros to just be Allyxia. Y/N

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I need a disagree/not awesome/>:C reaction here

• Options
    SO IN OTHER WOW RELATED NEWS

Someone was very kind and let me play on the beta and.. sub rogue feels just as fun as I remember. It might not be meta, but I'm still gonna play that way >:'C

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

Someone was very kind and let me play on the beta and.. sub rogue feels just as fun as I remember. It might not be meta, but I'm still gonna play that way >:'C

Why can't you ever play the proper spec?

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    You gotta love that even in an April Fool's joke, Ally shall not be allowed to run as Shadow.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I killed KT, and got to tank an add in phase 3 and everything. I even managed to make it through both raid nights without dying somehow, saving those world buffs.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Not dying on KT is the holy grail for me, I think I survived once. I always end up getting munched by an add towards the end of the fight somehow.

And sometimes it's interesting getting a lesson in the power of world buffs and gear. We ended up with only 27 people yesterday due to a lot of people being busy with easter related stuff, but still took down Anub/Faerlina/Noth/Heigan/Razuvious. Faerlina was a nightmare with 7 healers whenever the priest had to MC. We also ended up with Faerlina enraged from 50% on due to the priest not having done the MCs before and just kind of running them into the boss, but we somehow healed through it with just one tank death.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I survived at the end thanks to a timely mind control, which was funny.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I think this quest I've been trying to do is bugged. I gotta get pelts from gorillas in Un'Goro and the pelt for the Un'Goro gorrilla wont drop. I've killed about 40+ now and not a single drop. Got the pelts from the other two kinds of gorrillas no problem.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Un'goro is like that sometimes. I love the zone but it can be enormously frustrating with its drops. Do double check it's the right kind of Gorilla, there are I think three? Some only in the cave.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I mean I read that as he got the Stomper and Thunderer pelts already and the baby/regular Gorilla one won't drop for him

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

Why can't you ever play the proper spec?

I forgot to reply to this but

I am a heretic

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    I'd guess it's the auto loot bug, the item already dropped but the loot window closes before you get anything. Sometimes it flags that the quest item dropped for you. Grouping with someone on the quest that needs the item will let you loot it, or dropping the quest and doing it again. The drop rate for pelts should be ~20%.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Hello, police? I'd like to report a murder

sl037441crbt.png

• Options
    yet clearly rius was the last person to talk to the victim.

curious.

• Options
    I'MMA COME TO NAXX SHADOW ANYWAY

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    27 splinters after last night, seems I actually will get atiesh before TBC.

Feels pretty damn good!

• Options
    edited April 2021
    I'm gonna be super heartbroken if we end up not having the people to finish naxx before tbc.

but i spent 20m getting myself vetted for every pug run on the spreadsheet just in case

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    can always duck back in with a normal raid team to finish it once everyone's 70

you should be able to do it with 15-20 people no problem

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    that's not the same thing. I've killed saph and KT before. I just wanted to do it in classic with the guild

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    can always duck back in with a normal raid team to finish it once everyone's 70

you should be able to do it with 15-20 people no problem

You can solo Naxx in retail, obviously not the same thing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Only wrath-era naxx though. EPL naxx got removed

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Only wrath-era naxx though. EPL naxx got removed

How would it possibly matter if you're doing it in retail?

steam_sig.png