Options

We Bid A Fond Farewell To The "Rush Limbaugh Died" Thread, Not Him

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    My problem is the videos that start out with the sad dog being rescued and the thumbnail is the sad dog and I can't watch the sad dog for long enough to get to the happy dog. Skip the sad dog! I believe you, it was rescued, just show me happy dog!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    No you need to bottom out first so the endorphins hit as hard as possible

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    It'll never be as good as the first time but that doesnt mean you stop chasing that shit

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I too have worked in food service and I too will consider all of my options, including a hunter gatherer lifestyle in a van by the river, before returning to that industry

The food service industry is having a problem right now finding workers because many are noping out of going back to an abusive environment for low pay. (This is most likely why Disney relaxed their rules on hair and tattoos - they're probably struggling with staffing.)

Also, as the son of a PATCO striker, let me just say that the existence of a petition to rename Washington National Airport after Jojo Siwa utterly amuses me.

Lots of industries are doing this. The hospital system my wife works for relaxed their ban on "visible" tattoos, piercings, and hair color a couple of years ago. It took WAY too long for them to realize how much their policies were diminishing the pool of available talent.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    My youtube recs currently are videos from various WhatCulture channels, 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown clip compilations, Smosh videos, and MBMBAM animations.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I used to feel good when YouTube would start showing me ads in Spanish.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    My wife and I use the same YouTube account so mine are movie trailers, HD nature footage (my background at work), tabletop games, fishing and Taylor Swift.

Honestly, pretty happy with all of that.

my wife started watching youtube on our TV which is connected to my account

so now my recommendations are all Korean housecleaning videos and Harry Styles's performance at the Grammys

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The top of my recommendations page is a mix mostly of what gets posted in the YT thread (post10, Townsends, DankPods), the channels I'm already subbed to, some random VTuber stuff, and Borderlands 3.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Mine is a mix of Colbert/Oliver/Myers clips, MCU stuff, Toy Galaxy things, and live news. It's not great, but it's not white supremacy!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mine is a mixture of game music, Vtuber clips, Trash Taste clips, Kaif stream videos, and occasionally gacha game videos for the ones I have not played in a long while

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mine is mostly deathcore songs, along with the Doom soundtrack, and some Warframe videos

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    It'll never be as good as the first time but that doesnt mean you stop chasing that shit

https://youtu.be/ytsBJawMBDQ

I have watched this video like 25 times at least

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My youtube reccs are a profoundly bizarre admixture of gaming comedy, cooking, science, and people recording metal in their bedrooms.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Mine are pretty much all just those grainy black-and-white videos of grim children staring directly into the camera or else unfathomable shapes moving against a deeper darkness. Not sure why, I never watch any of them. Been that way ever since the update where all the videos on the preview screen move even when you don't mouse over them.

Oh, and SciShow videos, those things are in everyone's algorithm.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Silver dollar city is surprisingly okay if you are unfortunate enough to live nearby. Except fuck the wooden coaster there.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Butters wrote: »
    I too have worked in food service and I too will consider all of my options, including a hunter gatherer lifestyle in a van by the river, before returning to that industry

The food service industry is having a problem right now finding workers because many are noping out of going back to an abusive environment for low pay. (This is most likely why Disney relaxed their rules on hair and tattoos - they're probably struggling with staffing.)

Also, as the son of a PATCO striker, let me just say that the existence of a petition to rename Washington National Airport after Jojo Siwa utterly amuses me.

Lots of industries are doing this. The hospital system my wife works for relaxed their ban on "visible" tattoos, piercings, and hair color a couple of years ago. It took WAY too long for them to realize how much their policies were diminishing the pool of available talent.

I think some lawyers probably also explained that these policies can probably get them sued for discrimination, and right now is an especially bad time for that sort of press

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    cancel culture is ruining my ability to keep unclean filth off my staff!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »

I think some lawyers probably also explained that these policies can probably get them sued for discrimination, and right now is an especially bad time for that sort of press

I very much doubt that. National origin, age, religion, and sex are all the fed protects and only very recently was the last one applied to LGBTQ folks in a SCOTUS decision.

I know for a fact it didn't play a factor with my wife's company. It took shortages in there less desirable to live locations for them to see how dumb it was to turn away qualified candidates for their call center because they had a tattoo on their wrist.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    This is gonna sound like I'm being sarcastic but it would honestly completely own to get life-saving heart surgery from somebody with like Vegeta on one bicep and the KoRn logo on the other

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    A few years ago when I went to a new dentist office and saw the receptionist had like a 3/4 sleeve on one arm, a couple lip piercings, nose piercing, etc., I commented on how I really liked how this was the first medical office I'd ever been in that didn't care about the stigma on facial piercings and visible tattoos and shit. Her response?

"You're gonna love your dentist, then."

Turns out the dentist was a tattoo artist for like 15 years before getting his dentistry degree.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    A few years ago when I went to a new dentist office and saw the receptionist had like a 3/4 sleeve on one arm, a couple lip piercings, nose piercing, etc., I commented on how I really liked how this was the first medical office I'd ever been in that didn't care about the stigma on facial piercings and visible tattoos and shit. Her response?

Turns out the dentist was a tattoo artist for like 15 years before getting his dentistry degree.

Does he do engraving on fillings?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Does he do engraving on fillings?

Chances are pretty good if there's a safe way to incorporate the two things, and the tech to let it be done, he could be talked into it. Sadly that office went under due to locational woes and eminent domain, and I don't know where he went.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have to imagine filling engravings are probably a bad idea because food particles and bacteria will colonize in there, even if they can't eat into your tooth through the filling, and will be more resistant to cleaning due to being in a little crevasse.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I have to imagine filling engravings are probably a bad idea because food particles and bacteria will colonize in there, even if they can't eat into your tooth through the filling, and will be more resistant to cleaning due to being in a little crevasse.

Probably true, alas. It was just the first thing to come to mind mixing dentist and artist.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    He made some fantastic grills, I think. But not a lot of market for that down here.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Also, if your filling isn't almost absolutely perfect you will know the first time you eat food. I had one little tiny uneven spot in a filling and I felt like I broke my tooth at lunch time from biting down.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Saw a tweet that reminded me of this thread for some reason:
    in ancient times if you hated a public figure you had to make pottery of them being topped by a horse but in the modern era we have stuff like this

video of a dog with unrelated caption "Rush Limbaughis in hell being tortured by demons" while Celebration by Kool and the Gang plays

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    I appreciate the glimpse into OCD free from restraint that is Disney World, but give me Cedar Point every day. Millenium Force is an underrated contender for best coaster in America.

By underrated contender you mean the ride that’s won the annual “best coaster” award more than any other?

Millennium Force fuckin owns

My Millennium Force story (spoilered for long and self-indulgent):
    I got to go to Cedar Point for like $20 on a group trip arranged by my college in 2005. My thoughts on roller coasters at the time were... complicated. I liked loops and tight turns, but I hated the initial drop because of the feeling of all your internal bits becoming weightless. Also, I was pretty emetophobic back then and absolutely terrified of throwing up on a ride (to date, I never have).

The people I wound up hanging out with for the day talked me into riding Millennium Force. I was nervous as hell in line. I was shaking and my stomach was flopping around from anxiety. I almost lost my nerve and backed out at least twice, but my friends convinced me to stay. The whole long way up the lift hill was torture (the anticipation is the worst part, after all).

And then there was that immense first drop, bottoming out, cresting the second hill, and at that precise moment I realized two things simultaneously:
    1. I wasn't feeling the g-forces in my gut. I have no idea why, but for once my viscera seemed to be keeping up with the rest of me on a coaster.
    2. I was essentially hurtling through empty space dozens of feet off the ground at seventy miles an hour, with nothing between me and the sky.

I let go of the lap bar and punched my fists into the air for sheer joy. The following sixty seconds were the closest I've ever come to feeling like I was flying.

10/10 would ride again :biggrin:

Calica on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Part of my job involves getting old folks outta bed at 2am to walk em to the bathroom, one in particular has a really hard time walking, poor gait, tries to go fast and stumbles, all that. I say "take your time, there's no Rush" and then she high fives me and everyone claps.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    6ndu4jbpwyq1.png

10 year anniversary

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ed Balls

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Please, Mr. Balls is my father. Just call me Ed Balls.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Balls

Ed Balls

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    always bring your googly eyes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDnpZKJw5RI

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    not gonna lie, biden saying "trickle down economics has never worked" felt a bit good..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The Guardian: ‘Crisis into opportunity’: Biden lays out vision for sweeping change in speech to Congress.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/28/america-is-on-the-move-again-biden-to-give-first-congressional-address

Hmm

I hope a lot of people have some more faith in the government after the Covid response

That wasn't perfect, and the USA shouldn't be hoarding vaccines, but it was better than Trump pretending Covid wasn't real, I guess

• Options
    edited April 2021

Matt Gaetz's wingman wrote a confession letter.
    In it, he says both he and Matt Gaetz paid for sex with a 17-year-old, among other women.
    (But there's more...)

We also obtained Signal messages between Joel Greenberg and Roger Stone where they discuss pardons and payment and Matt Gaetz's exposure.
    Just...read the story.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/joel-greenberg-letter-written-for-roger-stone-says-matt-gaetz-paid-for-sex-with-minor

Matt Fuller is a political reporter with The Daily Beast.

(P. S. “paid for sex with a 17-year-old, among other women” should be “raped a 17-year-old girl,” and Greenberg is a co-conspirator, not a “wingman”.)

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Wow... wow.

This rabbit hole goes deep

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Raise your hand if you're shocked Roger Stone is being named there.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Shit like "17 year old woman" drives me fucking insane

that's not an adult, you fucks, stop trying to make it sound like he didn't have sex with a literal child

This discussion has been closed.