Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Tony Hawk looks pretty great there! Solid framerate most importantly.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Baiten Kaitos is the longest 100% speed run that I can think of (I think there are longer ones probably, like Animal Crossing titles or other stuff with time constraints) and that's all I know about that game.

100% run in 338 hours, 43 minutes

Isn't the 90% run like a fraction of that time too? Like there are just a few cards or whatever that are grindfests.

Yes. There's one specific card that takes a ludicrous amount of time to transform into the next stage. It's so bad that basically the entire speedrun is just how fast you can get that one. Because you could 100% everything else multiple times over while waiting.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Qanamil wrote: »
    Baiten Kaitos is the longest 100% speed run that I can think of (I think there are longer ones probably, like Animal Crossing titles or other stuff with time constraints) and that's all I know about that game.

100% run in 338 hours, 43 minutes

Isn't the 90% run like a fraction of that time too? Like there are just a few cards or whatever that are grindfests.

Yes. There's one specific card that takes a ludicrous amount of time to transform into the next stage. It's so bad that basically the entire speedrun is just how fast you can get that one. Because you could 100% everything else multiple times over while waiting.

I'm guessing you can't even do anything while waiting, like cap out your characters at max level for fun, because often load times don't count toward time-based stuff, like the game isn't able to keep processing the ticks at a constant rate when it keeps getting interrupted by battles etc.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Yeah if I remember I think there's a shampoo card with a description saying something like "guaranteed beautiful hair after 2 weeks of use!". And once you get it and if 2 weeks of in game time actually passes it transforms into...the beautiful hair card.

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I like the speed run of Sim City I saw, where the person puts down the SNES controller in the middle, speed runs the entirety of Maniac Mansion, and then finishes Sim City.

Maybe the category for Batten Kairos should be "how many other games can you speed run in the middle"

• Options
    There's a reason there's a Shampoo% category...

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    I like the speed run of Sim City I saw, where the person puts down the SNES controller in the middle, speed runs the entirety of Maniac Mansion, and then finishes Sim City.

Maybe the category for Batten Kairos should be "how many other games can you speed run in the middle"

Run Baiten Kaitos Origins while waiting for the beautiful hair to come in.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Tony Hawk looks pretty great there! Solid framerate most importantly.

It does look good. I was thinking of going with Mario Golf, but I think I might enjoy this one more and save myself 20 bucks too. Maybe grab golf during a future sale.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I like what I'm reading about a new mechanic in this Mario Golf: the tail end of your power meter has some marks on it that splay out. This means that the further you get into the end of the meter, the more your shot will randomly arc left or right. So you don't want to go all out every time. That's actually a great idea for adding risk/reward.

t4D50pU.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    hell yeah TWEWY2 getting a carry over progress demo

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Looks like NIS America is bringing more Trails games to Switch in the west... in 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeLWq9OYI2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0r4tfEBIYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXav12w55nY

Though we are getting one next year.

https://youtu.be/lAOCKcEbjiY

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

When does that go live?

• Options
    ForceVoid wrote: »

When does that go live?

Should sometime today, probably within the next couple hours.

Also, slightly related, it looks like the Monster Hunter Stories 2 demo just came out.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »

When does that go live?

It's supposed to come out today, but it'll come out in working condition in about 2 days.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

That's a well-equipped Switch. (Genki Shadowcast, covert dock, and bluetooth audio all present and correct. I should have grabbed a covert dock when I got my Shadowcast.)

• Options
    The Mario Golf Super Rush opening cinematic is great! Its Subspace Emissary levels of fanfare and wacky bullshit and it goes and goes.

• Options

First little bit I found save-worthy. From the sound effect I'm pretty sure I hit the flag.

Going to wrap up the back nine of my Luigi run on the first course but at -5 now. Game is really just solid and enjoyable as hell!

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

That's a well-equipped Switch. (Genki Shadowcast, covert dock, and bluetooth audio all present and correct. I should have grabbed a covert dock when I got my Shadowcast.)

Huh. I got one of those HDMI to USB things, but it's a $15 cheapo off of Amazon. Might have to try one that's not a literal no-name, cause the one I got, the audio doesn't pull in quite right -- Voicemeter Banana and Discord don't like it, at least.

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »

First little bit I found save-worthy. From the sound effect I'm pretty sure I hit the flag.

Going to wrap up the back nine of my Luigi run on the first course but at -5 now. Game is really just solid and enjoyable as hell!

Yeah, I’ve just gotten started and haven’t even touched the crazy modes, but I’m pretty happy with what I’m into already. Even some of the most basic courses have routing options that make the gameplay mechanically interesting and mean your character choice affects your experience, which is what I’m usually looking for in a golf game.

The speed golf and battle modes are what convinced me I was willing to pay full price (new experiences get me every time), but the core is looking solid.

• Options
    Shulk's in a UK Mario Golf commercial. Ok, so it's just his voice actor... but still.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Just 100% Ender Lilies Quietus of the Knight.

I give it a solid 8/10 one of the better metroidvania's iv played recently.

• Options
    StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/CbjXMMH0JzI

Out of nowhere comes the Furry Steampunk WW2 Strategy RPG that you didn't know you wanted. By the team that did Tail Concerto / Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. Digital only this time, so you might actually be able to buy it. Though I hope someone will do a physical printing for my collection.

• Options
    Furry WW2 Srpg added to the list of reasons why i'm eating water and prayer for my meals for the rest of the year.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Furry WW2 Srpg added to the list of reasons why i'm eating water and prayer for my meals for the rest of the year.

Deluxe edition includes swimsuit costumes for the characters so you better get to praying.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    StarZapper wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/CbjXMMH0JzI

Out of nowhere comes the Furry Steampunk WW2 Strategy RPG that you didn't know you wanted. By the team that did Tail Concerto / Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. Digital only this time, so you might actually be able to buy it. Though I hope someone will do a physical printing for my collection.

I'm not seeing it listed anywhere on Steam for preorders.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Ignore this.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    I keep secretly hoping that the Baten Kaitos games get rereleased onto the switch, I really enjoyed them in spite of their horrible horrible voice acting.

sig.gif
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    LIGHT FLAAAARE

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I keep secretly hoping that the Baten Kaitos games get rereleased onto the switch, I really enjoyed them in spite of their horrible horrible voice acting.

Origins made significant improvements to having things flow well, but I think I prefer the first's story. They were definitely awkward and experimental, but...

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Never forget:

https://youtu.be/6XgpLlqGj0I

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Taramoor wrote: »

Never forget:

Huh. That’s interesting. I usually fill the great emptiness with food.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Never forget:

Dear god.....we used to have a GC demo disk that had that trailer on it. We'd hear that awful trailer 20-30 times a day. Eventually we just unplugged the controllers for the sake of our sanity.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I remember that demo disc. It made us start putting games of our own choices in the system. We had a cool Nintendo rep that didn't care though.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Never forget:

Dear god.....we used to have a GC demo disk that had that trailer on it. We'd hear that awful trailer 20-30 times a day. Eventually we just unplugged the controllers for the sake of our sanity.

It’s unthinkable! To act, against, the empire?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Ignore this.

I refuse. I will scour the Earth’s databanks backwards through history and forwards through futurestory until the post I hath missed reveals itself to me.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I give up.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I just remember Baten Kaitos had one of the best twists in games, but then didn't have the balls to keep it and reversed it almost immediately.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »

Deluxe edition includes swimsuit costumes for the characters so you better get to praying.

They are children

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Pray for the game.

Then pray for forgiveness.

• Options
    I can safely say that i can live without swim suits for a bunch of furry kids in a world war 2 themed SRPG.