As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"We're adding some advertisements" message won't go away

Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road]Registered User regular
Occasionally messages will show at the top of every forum page, eg the one today about forum leadership change. They usually have an X to get rid of them once I've read them. The message about "we're going to be adding some advertisements" has no X so I can't close it. Is it supposed to be that way? Been there for a while now.

Using Chrome on Android mobile if that makes any difference.

CambiataV1m

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Same thing happens on Brave on PC, Shields down or up, doesn't affect it.

time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Same thing with Chrome on desktop PC.

mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Same with Firefox on Android

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    This is by design as far as I know. To my knowledge, the advertisements haven't started yet, and therefore this isn't a dismissible announcement. Geebs would have the real info if I'm wrong.

Ringo
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am basing this off of this other thread in this section https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/239824/are-there-any-ads-yet#latest

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yeah, it won't go away because it's not marked as dismissable. I'll turn it off until we get a better idea as to when these ads are going to start showing up.

RingoBrovid HasselsmofgodmodeElldren