Options

Geth always makes terrible decisions [chat]

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I don't know why Monster Hunter lets you choose which items you want to keep at the end of a hunt

The items should just be displayed there, and the cursor should default to the take all button
    Some people like selling trash that they don't want, I guess? It's a relic from when the game used to have limited stash space, so you could run into situations where your stash can be full if you haven't upgraded it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I have started The 5th Season

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    in the meantime i just watched this video where Harry Connick Jr is playing the piano and the audience is clapping on 1 and 3 so he tosses in a measure of 5/4 to trick them into being less bad

https://youtu.be/UinRq_29jPk

https://youtu.be/Njy7pMVKJ8Q

fuck that is some good drumming

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter is a game for people who wish the corpse run to the boss in Dark Souls were just a bit shorter and had almost no enemies, and wish the weapons were bigger and slower

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    at 0:18

No, it's around :40. They're still clapping on the 1 and 3 after :18

i can't type i meant 38

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Everyone on twitter is like "MH: Rise has 0 onboarding for new people and it's real complicated." and I have heard from the giantbomb crew that MH:World actually does a decent job of onboarding new players

and then you guys are all "No the opposite of all of that is true" and maybe I'll just go boot up Peace Walker and fight the Rathalos in there.
    When it comes to anything on Twitter, you can safely ignore it. Twitter is what you post when you are taking a shit while not giving a shit about thinking about what you want to post.

You should think about the game as a rudimentary fighting game. You can spam the Strong Attack button repeatedly and get through most of the fights if you wanted. Later, you may figure out how to use a Hadoken, and then just start using that over and over again, and it's still fine. All of the complexity of the game comes from learning new things and applying them. There's enough new stuff in Rise for the vets, but solid hunting skills pretty much boil down to "press this button to attack, get out of the way or block incoming attacks".

also unlike a lot of fighting games cancels are extremely limited

so the combat is a lot like a Dark Souls game really in that every move feels like it has weight and timing and impact because once you start that swing you aren't stopping

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter is funny because you beat the first, easiest monster in the game and the town rejoices in your bravery and skill.

Even the guy in the back wearing an arena award armor set meaning he's downed some high tier threats and the lady over there decked out in the furs of a beast you ran away from.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

comments told me 0:39 so now I have to assume you're both trying to activate the Manchurian candidate

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter is a game for people who wish the corpse run to the boss in Dark Souls were just a bit shorter and had almost no enemies, and wish the weapons were bigger and slower

Yes.

Also, sometimes when fighting Artorias, Smough would just walk into the zone and start fucking things up.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Actually Monster Hunter is for people who barely beat a Dark Souls boss and think "fuck, I want to fight him again right away so I can do this properly"

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

comments told me 0:39 so now I have to assume you're both trying to activate the Manchurian candidate

i've ruined everything with these stupid hands

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    TIL I still can't count to 4.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Actually Monster Hunter is for people who barely beat a Dark Souls boss and think "fuck, I want to fight him again right away so I can do this properly"

This is 100% me. I can't play Bloodborne or Dark Souls or any of that "everything kills you" stuff but like this. It's like fishing. I can fight a monster for like 20 minutes solo and be so close and then something goes wrong, but I've only lost 30 minutes and can restart and try again with different bait and tackle.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    And like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter has gotten easier over time and with future iterations, as they realize "Fuck, people are having a lot of trouble actually reaching endgame content".

The main difference, actually, is that Monster Hunter is built from the ground-up as a cooperative game, where you get together with 3 friends and fuck shit up. They make it easy for you to gather together with people and go on quests together, and the whole gameplay loop accommodates this. Dark Souls is... not.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited March 2021

i've ruined everything with these stupid hands

I mean

I'd like to blame everything on my stupid surgically repaired ears but the audiologist tells me I can hear fine

Problem is they can't transplant a sense of rhythm

I fucking hate dancing, too, to my wife's chagrin

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    A lot of Japanese local and prefectural government seals look very much like corporate logos.

240px-Emblem_of_Narita%2C_Chiba.svg.png

Narita, Chiba: We swear we are not just that airport.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    narita
    naruto's cousin

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Like of all the things I've done to disappoint her she wanted to do a big choreographed dance for our wedding and I didn't try hard enough to sign up us for lessons

I don't know if it's no.1 but it's top five, definitely

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i have to work tonight- which i very much do not want to do. so i'm pooping forever while phone browsing, and i just don't want to get off the toilet. i know that's the first step in showering and getting dressed and beginning the Work Sequence. so i was on the toilet for i don't know how long and when i finally stood up my legs kind of gave out and i almost smacked my head on the sink.

you all could have lost me just now, because of pooping inertia.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I have horrible rhythm. I don't know why I am so fascinated with learning music I am so bad at it.

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Hot take: Clapping during live music is pretty lame

• Options
    i have to work tonight- which i very much do not want to do. so i'm pooping forever while phone browsing, and i just don't want to get off the toilet. i know that's the first step in showering and getting dressed and beginning the Work Sequence. so i was on the toilet for i don't know how long and when i finally stood up my legs kind of gave out and i almost smacked my head on the sink.

Chu noooooo! Did you at least invent the flux capacitor?

• Options
    pooping until your legs don't work is what makes us human

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have horrible rhythm. I don't know why I am so fascinated with learning music I am so bad at it.

timing isn't something you need to be gifted with. it's a fundamental skill that you can develop over time.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I've spent all morning doing Canadian taxes, and a portion of it was spent frantically going over numbers before deciding I probably found a bug in the software.

I've messaged them, but that's always the worst message to make: "Hi yes I have a problem, I think you fucked up, yes I know that this is basically the case 0% of the time because it's always some ignorant person making a mistake and blaming others but please listen to me specifically, thank you"

it's been five years and I do the same dance every time

1] I can do my own taxes this year!
    2] *several hours later* "What is your mother's maiden name?" What's her first name? I just knew her as "Ma"! That'll have to do.
    3] I admit defeat and just make an appointment with someone in H&R block

The eleven intervening months are spent giving some serious side-eye to the claims that Canada is a modern nation.

sig.gif
  • Options
    pooping until your legs don't work is what makes us human
    Live
    Laugh
    Poop

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Narita (成田市, Narita-shi) is a city in Chiba Prefecture, Japan. As of 30 November 2020, the city had an estimated population of 131,852 in 63,098 households and a population density of 620 persons per km².[1] The total area of the city is 213.84 square kilometres (82.56 sq mi). It is the site of Narita International Airport, the main international airport serving the Greater Tokyo Area.
    Literally takes four sentences into the Wikipedia article to mention the airport

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Like of all the things I've done to disappoint her she wanted to do a big choreographed dance for our wedding and I didn't try hard enough to sign up us for lessons

I don't know if it's no.1 but it's top five, definitely

Yikes!

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

I heard sitting on the toilet for a long time increases your chances for a hemorrhoid

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Summary I'm only speaking for myself, a few of my friends, two of my uncles, my father, and some co-workers but I think most straight white guys in our age bracket and older fucked up the whole "first dance" thing.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

edit: I blame the schools. I'd have loved a fucking dance class instead of indoor volleyball when it was raining cause the state champion girls team needed the practice time.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    Summary I'm only speaking for myself, a few of my friends, two of my uncles, my father, and some co-workers but I think most straight white guys in our age bracket and older fucked up the whole "first dance" thing.

Don't be too hard on yourself.

edit: I blame the schools. I'd have loved a fucking dance class instead of indoor volleyball when it was raining cause the state champion girls team needed the practice time.

I lucked out in having a COVID wedding. No need for a first dance!

• Options
    the historical accuracy of this El Cid show is questionable but it did show a mail shirt actually stopping a sword, which i'm not sure i've seen in any other depiction of sword fighting

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    fuck that is some good drumming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAJ1WTGNISk

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Without giving out any details about it, what are my chances of beating boss #3 in Valheim solo? I have level 3 troll armor, and maxed out iron weapons.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Also, this. "I snapped a drumstick? I'll just casually flip it over and play with the other end."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj6fM2KpyOA

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Without giving out any details about it, what are my chances of beating boss #3 in Valheim solo? I have level 3 troll armor, and maxed out iron weapons.

#3 is the most bullshit of the bosses i think but it's entirely doable

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Which weapons?

• Options

With that gear?

Almost impossible

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

With that gear?

Almost impossible

wait

boss 3.

sorry, I was thinking boss 4.

Uh, but still kind hard in just troll armor

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    A lot of Japanese local and prefectural government seals look very much like corporate logos.

240px-Emblem_of_Narita%2C_Chiba.svg.png

Narita, Chiba: We swear we are not just that airport.

Narita, the Newark of Japan

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.