As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

If you fold a slice of pizza, or put two slices together

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    screw labels
    look at all this floppy pizza

i like my pizza thicc

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    no
    You fold NY pizza because its crust sucks shit and can't support the pizza. Even deep dish, much maligned for its casserole like qualities, has a crust that can support its own weight.

Fuck NY pizza. Greek pizza 4 lyfe.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    no
    Deep dish crust frequently cannot support its own weight, that's why you gotta break out the silverware

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    no
    i mean honestly i'll eat basically any pizza you serve me except Papa John's that guy sucks and his pizza sucks too

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    screw labels
    yeah if the crust can't support the weight it better be because it's got enough toppings for three-four pizzas its size, not because the crust is thin and soggy

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Grudge wrote: »
    You make me like charity, instead of paying enough taxes

now that's a deep cut

i approve

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    no
    3clips3 wrote: »
    i mean honestly i'll eat basically any pizza you serve me except Papa John's that guy sucks and his pizza sucks too

I wonder if he’s gotten the n word out of his vocabulary yet

• Options
    no

lol fuck no

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    no
    NY pizza has a very thin crust and also has more toppings than that weak ass cheese pizza pictures, so it is floppy and you have to fold it so all your toppings don't fall off

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    you fold new york pizza because the slice is simply too large to properly bite in any other fashion

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    no
    You put two slices of cold pizza together and that baby is ready to go on a panini press.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    no
    I wouldn't be caught dead folding a pizza. I don't care how flimsy it is. I'll eat a pizza with a fork and knife before I fold it.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    screw labels
    Woke up and chose violence today, eh?

sig.gif
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    screw labels
    God I love a good foldable pizza.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Can't the shop pre-fold it for you?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    You folks ever try rolling your pizza? Just get the whole uncut thing, roll it up like a rug, and start munching?

It's great

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    no
    isn't that called a calzone?

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    More like a stromboli, but messier and more fun

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm actually pretty happy to have finally reached a point where I actually enjoy more than just pepperoni and cheese on my pizza. Especially the places that put the cheese on last, I like some diced tomatoes in there, gives the sauce more texture, and I like mushrooms, though I think quality matters and I do have to say PJs has good mushrooms, usually. Dominos is our current favorite.

Also Food Theory did a video on pizza toppings value and such and basically any major chain that's not Little Caesar's puts less cheese on a pepperoni pizza than they do on a plain cheese pizza, was their conclusion. I know this is true with Papa John's from when I worked there, so it doesn't surprise me that it's true for the others as well. I also know that, at least with PJs, the amount of topping you get changes slightly based on the total number of toppings. Whether it's the only topping, or you get 2-3, or 4+ toppings. And specialty pizzas get slightly less usually than they would if you just ordered one with all the relevant toppings.

Honestly though there was a point where Papa John's was messing with cheddar cheese and if they'd kept that around they probably would keep my business because as far as big box pizza chains go, I do find I like them and Domino's about equal. And the new folded pizza sandwich things (It's basically a calzone that they fold afterwards) are pretty damn good too.

I really wanna do some research on the origin story of Papa John's because there's a story about something that happen back when he only had like 3 locations in Louisville and I'm curious how true it is and how much it's just, like, dogma taught to managers because they really used to train new managers in a very cultish way

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My wife and I have been eating a lot better the last few weeks which means no junk and very little carbs.

I could fucking kill a pizza right now

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Some day forumers you'll learn to love all pizza

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    no

lol fuck no

But he’s been working on it for 2 years!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    screw labels
    I heard he's been working with a great trainer. He no longer says the N word at board meetings or writes it in official company documents, though reports are he still struggles with using it at weddings and parties, especially children's parties.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    screw labels
    Does anyone else tri-fold their pizza for easy storage and transportation? I also sometimes like to fold my pizza into a swan for decorative purposes. Pizza Origami is difficult to master bit very rewarding

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    no
    I'm gonna become a youtube star by travelling to all the most famous Chicago deep dish joints, folding that pizza into a wad that's taller than it is wide, and having my camera crew surreptitiously film the horrified reactions of people walking by as I try to stuff it into my gob.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    screw labels
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I'm gonna become a youtube star by travelling to all the most famous Chicago deep dish joints, folding that pizza into a wad that's taller than it is wide, and having my camera crew surreptitiously film the horrified reactions of people walking by as I try to stuff it into my gob.

You could do similar by eating a Kit-Kat in public by just taking a big bite in it instead of breaking the sticks off.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    no
    Both floppy thin and deep dish crusts are wonderful.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

You could do similar by eating a Kit-Kat in public by just taking a big bite in it instead of breaking the sticks off.

Or failing to peel string cheese and just biting chunks of it off

• Options
    no

This is how my wife eats string cheese and it's upsetting on a visceral level.

• Options
    screw labels
    A gal I worked with used to, as a snack, go to the cafeteria and buy a string cheese, and one of those microwaveable cans of tomato soup, and she'd put the string cheese into the soup and microwave it and have pizza soup.

It seemed really weird at the time, but honestly it was probably really good and smart.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    no

You can peel imitation crab sticks like string cheese.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    screw labels
    The Geek wrote: »

You can peel imitation crab sticks like string cheese.

Yeah, surimi rules.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    screw labels
    What about pizza as poutine?

https://youtu.be/yEBpltam264

sig.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    screw labels
    Sorce wrote: »

I’ll allow it.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    screw labels

That's just a pepperoni poutine.
    sarukun wrote: »

I’ll allow it.

Who guillotined the King of Poutine and made you Emperor (of poutine)?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    no
    It happened during the Pommes de Terror.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Little Caesars Tests $9 Garlic Parm Chicken Pizza in Several Markets
    The Garlic Parm Chicken pizza is being tested in the Seattle, WA area and features a large, hand-tossed round pizza with creamy garlic Parmesan sauce topped with crispy chicken bites, while the Garlic Parm Crispy Chicken is making the rounds in the El Paso, TX and Knoxville, TN areas and is a large, hand-tossed round pizza with white sauce topped with crispy chicken bites and a swirl of Garlic Parm sauce. Both versions are being sold for $9 each.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    no
    Those are disco fries, not poutine

Poutine requires both gravy and cheese curds

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    no
    I used to order the kids meal pizza and fries at Sizzler and I'd dunk the fries in the pizza cheese

So yeah, that looks legit

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    yes
    I fold entire pizzas together.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.