As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I've had a few buggy issues, but so far I've had waaaaay more of the faction items than I'll likely ever need. Void sling is for sure not useful in combat in my eyes. It's only use nowadays is for the things they added to justify the changes, angel combat etc. The swapout time really negates its usefulness both in combat and as a movement method.

It looks cool though, and I think the very slight momentum it preserves would have been cool if added to the original void dash.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Ohhhhhh, good. Last Gasp, which sounded pretty cool, uses an RB & LB prompt that is broken by assigning melee to RB. The fishing gear menu and Grizzledme have some company on the Island of Misfit Toys.

Fortunately, I play on PC now, where I can look up the corresponding keyboard inputs to use when needed. If I were still on console, that would be one more unused game mechanic for me because DE refuses to test these things with melee bound to the single most intuitive place for it on modern controllers.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    I've had a few buggy issues, but so far I've had waaaaay more of the faction items than I'll likely ever need. Void sling is for sure not useful in combat in my eyes. It's only use nowadays is for the things they added to justify the changes, angel combat etc. The swapout time really negates its usefulness both in combat and as a movement method.

It looks cool though, and I think the very slight momentum it preserves would have been cool if added to the original void dash.

Honestly I'm getting way more out of it than I ever did dash. Once I realised you could just double-jump to do it, I got real mobile, real fast. You can basically fly. (Until you run out of energy, but you know.)

The verticality/Z-axis mobility is something I think dash lacked. Really nice to get it.

You could dash in every axis, and it was much faster. Most folks didn't really know how to use it so most of the mobility it had was wasted, but this is a heavy downgrade in every direction other than the tiny momentum.

You could dash in every axis, and it was much faster. Most folks didn't really know how to use it so most of the mobility it had was wasted, but this is a heavy downgrade in every direction other than the tiny momentum.

HOW?! I kept trying to do a non-floor dash and only ever went horizontal. No ability to dash "up" at all.

it worked just like bullet jumping on pc, same buttons even. Crouch jump in any direction except you didn't need to be moving to have max momentum. It was instant speed all the time with no delay. Full disclaimer though, swapping to spoiler was instant in solo, but if you weren't the host and there was significant lag to the host you had trouble. If you had say, a 300 ms ping to host, you also had a 300 ms delay in swapping modes, the swap and dash happened 300 ms later in whatever direction you were facing then, not at the time you pressed the button. It was hot garbage in those instances

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    (which was almost certainly a significant factor in why they changed it to... this)

it worked just like bullet jumping on pc, same buttons even. Crouch jump in any direction except you didn't need to be moving to have max momentum. It was instant speed all the time with no delay. Full disclaimer though, swapping to spoiler was instant in solo, but if you weren't the host and there was significant lag to the host you had trouble. If you had say, a 300 ms ping to host, you also had a 300 ms delay in swapping modes, the swap and dash happened 300 ms later in whatever direction you were facing then, not at the time you pressed the button. It was hot garbage in those instances

WTF. See on Xbox, or at least when I tried it, it was about like mage Blink from WoW. Including "whoops you tripped on a twig" or "sorry there was a slope" or "you meant backwards, right? Yeah you did." I generally had no idea where I'd end up when I did it, except "kind of forward. ish."

It did go in a straight line and would get hung up on anything that would block a bullet, though I suspect much of the trouble you experienced was due to lag. It was comical for sure with any real latency, even a small amount would totally bone your aim in ways you couldn't predict. If you wanted to void dash to a place, you press the button and do not move at all, not even to look around or you will dash in that new direction when you swap.

The fact that it was soooo good and useful made it a sure fire muscle memory for insane mobility in and out of combat. That muscle memory would screw you so hard with lag though, imagine going shooting but your gun goes off half a second after you pull the trigger, shooting whatever it happened to be pointing at that half second later. In a fast reaction situation it was just hilarious backwards dashing nonsense as you tried to play normally.

edited May 2022
    I think I'm figuring out one more reason why they changed it, yeah. It was basically useless any time I tried it, so I quit, but if it worked for someone it was really good. Not a great mechanic if it's a coin flip for suck like that, I think.

Edit: After I don't even want to know how many runs of Profit-taker stage 1, I finally, finally have 5 Vega Toroids. (Well, had, I immediately spent them on ranking up.) "Rare" drop my ass.

Now I just have to run stage 5 enough times to rank up again and get the brace I want, rank up the Quills again for the scaffold I want, and I can have an amp that's not 1-1-1 or the one you get out of New War.

dporowski on
    It was less a coin flip and more a matter of technique, not super easy to access or learn. It took a lot of work both in the warframe grind and work akin to practicing bullet jumping through complex tilesets, but it was totally doable. I think the reason they changed it was because of the sheer amount of content it let you ignore.

It's hard to overstate how much like flying it was and it was a crazy long distance compared to maxed voidsling, they really don't compare in either ease of use or functionality. They had made many tiles and combats/boss fights that the amazing speed of void dash let you by pass entirely. Removing that was clearly their intent, as you can see by the "utility" they shoehorned in, in various ways (angle fights, many of the new focus nodes). It's understandable, the devs want people to play the game DE envisions, not the game the players progressively turned it into. This is one of the ways they can force their vision which is OK, in so many ways over the years they've just had to swallow what we turned it into and adapt.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Eh, I just run the exterminate, don't bother with the bounties. It's kinda fun, just a bunch of exploring a kinda spooky map with an easy enough kill goal, then an angel fight. Very chill. Yeah it's only 1x Pinion per, but you need tons of plumes for rep turnins, and I look at it as farming 2 for 1.

I haven't noticed spoiler mode being any slower/faster tbh, seems about the same. Swap back in with melee is fast as hell though, which is neat.

I mean tbh bounties of every flavor have never been fun for more than maybe a dozen runs or so because after that you've seen everything, realized how gimmicky they are, and as a result they end up somehow being less entertaining than grinding Hydron.

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Eh, I just run the exterminate, don't bother with the bounties. It's kinda fun, just a bunch of exploring a kinda spooky map with an easy enough kill goal, then an angel fight. Very chill. Yeah it's only 1x Pinion per, but you need tons of plumes for rep turnins, and I look at it as farming 2 for 1.

I haven't noticed spoiler mode being any slower/faster tbh, seems about the same. Swap back in with melee is fast as hell though, which is neat.

I mean tbh bounties of every flavor have never been fun for more than maybe a dozen runs or so because after that you've seen everything, realized how gimmicky they are, and as a result they end up somehow being less entertaining than grinding Hydron.

But the Zariman bounties are literally just the normal nodes with a side objective. They barely require any extra effort and give you more stuff. And people are usually good about taking some time to treasure hunt.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I've noticed that after completing the objectives for a Zariman mobile defense mission, the enemy spawn rate seems to go completely berserk, like way faster than even a survival mission. I wanted to stick around and hunt for Voidplumes, but I had to give up because it was impossible to catch a breather long enough to search through the level geometry.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    People talk about flying with old void dash, was there a way to have more than 3-4 dashes without running out of juice?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    People talk about flying with old void dash, was there a way to have more than 3-4 dashes without running out of juice?

Mostly having a hotkey bound to energy pads in your gearwheel and spamming them infinitely while zooping.

Which was pretty obviously not what DE intended it to be used for.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    I didn't even know energy restores worked on your void energy bar

BahamutZERO.gif
    I didn't even know energy restores worked on your void energy bar

I mean you'd be forgiven for that, because logically why would they?

I only found out about it from watching speedruns.

Oh yeah, but I think the bounties have a time limit or something associated? Once you finish just running the exterminate, there's basically no spawns, the enemy level is lower than the bounty level would make it, and you can just poke around till you find all the plumes then gank the angel.

7 dashes without replenishing energy is the max with the right build, but you get energy for each enemy or entity you dash through so potentially you can just keep going forever.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    A big thing that I miss from void dashes is the ability to dash forwards and then immediately dash backwards to where I was. It was fun to combine with the Zenurik electricity aoe, which is another thing that I'm going to be missing.

Uuuugh, I can't say I like the hotfix today. It is now almost impossible to do an accurate short hop - the point just like starts out at max range, now.

Like if you're going to undo everything that made Sling different, just ... bring Dash back? (I barfed in my mouth a little bit because I'm now one of those people.)

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Uuuugh, I can't say I like the hotfix today. It is now almost impossible to do an accurate short hop - the point just like starts out at max range, now.

Like if you're going to undo everything that made Sling different, just ... bring Dash back? (I barfed in my mouth a little bit because I'm now one of those people.)

They probably can't/won't simply because of the previously discussed latency issue that this change was, IMO, designed to eliminate.

My first suggestion was give a slider in the options for a default distance you can quick hop to, or maybe just a toggle that maxes the distance right away vs a slow charge

My first suggestion was give a slider in the options for a default distance you can quick hop to, or maybe just a toggle that maxes the distance right away vs a slow charge

I mean if this is where we're at, then yeah, definitely would love to see that instead. I loved the added feeling of control that Sling gave me.

It's frustrating, because I have to imagine there was design intent and philosophy behind the change from Dash to Sling. Like, that they made it more slow and deliberate for a reason. That obviously they knew they were going to get shit on for it, so they wouldn't be doing this and designing it so well if they didn't think it was for the best.

But these changes make me doubt that.

How were you aiming without holding the button down? I guess in theory you could hold to change the distance, but the way I've been using it is pretty much "hold->aim line->sproing" so I'm not sure how I'd do it without the hold time.

edited May 2022
    With void dash, you aimed before you jumped just like bullet jumping. I do the same using void sling, maybe have it set like ivaras utility arrow or vaubans utility orbs for specific set distances.

I mean if this is where we're at, then yeah, definitely would love to see that instead. I loved the added feeling of control that Sling gave me.

It's frustrating, because I have to imagine there was design intent and philosophy behind the change from Dash to Sling. Like, that they made it more slow and deliberate for a reason. That obviously they knew they were going to get shit on for it, so they wouldn't be doing this and designing it so well if they didn't think it was for the best.

But these changes make me doubt that.

I'm almost certain the changes were put in intentionally because it was too potent a tool. If they wanted to change how the networking for this particular power worked they could have done so like they've done with other powers without changing the fundamental mechanics of the dash. This was done to prevent it from being "exploited" as it has been for years is my best guess. Changing it back would invalidate all the extra mechanics they put in, which are used to justify the changes. I think it will continue to be fine tuned but at some point they're going to snap and be more directly honest about why they did it.

On the streams they've kindof exposed the sentiment a few times already, made me sad.

kralizecc on
    It's weird to me because I never saw anyone using void dashing to get around

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    It's weird to me because I never saw anyone using void dashing to get around

tbh you probably did but you just didn't notice it because when it's done right it's almost invisible, especially if you're not host.

I will say I'm very surprised at all the gnashing of teeth when it comes to void dash but somehow at the same time I'm not. There's definitely people on the high end that were/are playing a very different game that I was playing.

edited May 2022
    Anyone got an opinion on the Dissic scaffold vs Phahd? He said, having realised he needs 30 Eidolon Shards to be able to get the latter, and maybe I like cluster bombs better anyway okay?

dporowski on
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Anyone got an opinion on the Dissic scaffold vs Phahd? He said, having realised he needs 30 Eidolon Shards to be able to get the latter, and maybe I like cluster bombs better anyway okay?

The Dissic is the second best scaffold at applying the Void status effect, behind only the Exard. And it has a wider area of effect than the Exard. Lob a blob into a crowd of enemies and laugh maniacally as their bullets all fly into each other instead of you.

You can also use an Amp arcane to get a different status effect, if you prefer. Tragically, there's no Radiation option though.

I haven't finished building my dissic yet, but the phahd isn't anything special imo. Much better ammo economy compared to the dissic though, dissic is 50 per shot which is kinda crazy. phahd has much better crit stats though, if you're building for that.

When there's no a convenient bounty to do, I just farm the zariman exterminate on sp mode for the faction items. Extra steel essence while I gather stuff in perfect ivara safety. It's kindof funny when an acolyte spawns and fights the angel I've taken too long to kill. Normally the angel stands perfectly still with no animations because I've cleared all the regular mobs and it doesn't know it's in combat, so when the acolyte spawns I get out of the aoe range and just pick them both off, it's very satisfying.

Etiowsa wrote: »

I haven't finished building my dissic yet, but the phahd isn't anything special imo. Much better ammo economy compared to the dissic though, dissic is 50 per shot which is kinda crazy. phahd has much better crit stats though, if you're building for that.

I've got a 1-1-1 and a Scirocco; I'm just trying to get anything useful. :| (The Scirocco's not awful, but it's no Ampa Plasmor with secondary grenade launcher.)

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Anyone have any thoughts on the odds of cross play being announced at tennocon? Been 4 months since the last time they even mentioned it. Would love to play with my son.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    furlion wrote: »
    Anyone have any thoughts on the odds of cross play being announced at tennocon? Been 4 months since the last time they even mentioned it. Would love to play with my son.

It'll probably be 'we're working on it please stop asking

"But ... you announced it though..."

Etiowsa wrote: »

I've got a 1-1-1 and a Scirocco; I'm just trying to get anything useful. :| (The Scirocco's not awful, but it's no Ampa Plasmor with secondary grenade launcher.)

Ok, I have now finished building my dissic, it's pretty sweet. High cost, but the AoE is friggin massive and the damage is quite high. Definitely better than the Phahd.

edited May 2022
    Now I just need 5 Atmos...

Update: 2-6-6 is indeed much much better than either of the ones I had. And "8 headshots on a Void Angel" is surprisingly easy if you realise you can use the transformed mode for it. Also the transformed Laetum is fucking insane.

dporowski on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

It'll probably be 'we're working on it please stop asking

"But ... you announced it though..."

Some dev recently let loose that Sony demands a percent of all money the game makes before they allow cross play. Then again isn't this published by soe? Seems like it would be easy as hell on Sony's end. I guess my son and I will just keep waiting.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    I may be mistaken, I often am, but I think de publishes them selves

This discussion has been closed.