As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fighting Game Thread] Street Fighter 6 demo out now on playstation.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm also at that point in DBFZ where I'm decently competent enough to hold my own against the mid-tier players but get folded by people who actually know how to use assists, especially now that they added the C-Assists that prime you for a combo afterwards.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Point char generally builds meter and come off assists but doesn't really want to spend the meter unless it's for kills (battery)

The second character is good to have one that can use assists and meter to the biggest advantage for rad ass combos

The anchor is either a godly assist (captain commando in mvc2 although there are much fewer characters in dbfz who are used for a assist only I think) you also want your anchor to be good with burst/solo with bars and this is just the most basic of ideas you can really do anything but generally it's not a bad way to learn team building for teams games in general

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I don't know current DBZ to suggest a actual good team or why you want them there since it's a complicated question that requires a knowledge of the cast I don't have

You really just have to first learn how a character combos then find the assists that complements em pretty well and vice versa

To be more basic you'll want a assist on your point that extends a combo on hit (or mid char) ideally space/control/meter gain mid assist and something like a beam assist in the anchor cause it's both a get in and combo tool

So build meter maybe get a kill on point then get to the spendy dude with both assists up

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Max just put a 5k bounty to the person or team that figures out how to add new character slots to UMVC3

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    It's basically summarizing info from elsewhere but this is a pretty cool video explaining one of the more abstract concepts in fighting games with concrete examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjmnNbG0HAw&t=0s

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    As far as team goes I will say compared to most team fighters DBFZ is fairly homogenized which means that while characters are a little less unique they are also easy to pick up and switch out.

Also there are very few hard to use characters in the game. So you may as well just play who you like.

As for assist generally it depends on what you want to accomplish however the best all purpose assists are usually beams(projectiles that cover a large part of the screen), lariats(quick advancing attacks) and lock down moves(attacks that put the opponent in a lot of blockstun).

You can't really go wrong with any of those.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    one of the cool things about dbfz is you almost can't make a bad team.... hell, people aren't even playing Android 18 point anymore.... ANYTHING is possible...

like you could probably count the truly bad position choices in the dbfz roster on your fingers

i'd recommend doing what I did... pick your favorite character and match him with a basic saiyan (easy to learn).... get good at those two.... and your 3rd is just a stump that you can hot swap at will to find things you like

and dont play nappa

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    But Nappa is the most basic of saiyans

The white bread of violent realtors

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

It's way better than the official one, anyway.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    You should make sure to link the person he paid to make that for him, just like all the rest of his content. Funny he couldn't fit the @ into the main message everyone would share.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    You should make sure to link the person he paid to make that for him, just like all the rest of his content. Funny he couldn't fit the @ into the main message everyone would share.

What do you mean? I’m sure juuuuust as many people saw his follow up tweet where he gives credit…

Oh….

6m7i7xutvb8g.jpeg

Oh.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I have dusted off my SFV TE2 for PC play, in particular, GGST. Are there any updates to fightstick technology that an enthusiast should be aware of?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    I have dusted off my SFV TE2 for PC play, in particular, GGST. Are there any updates to fightstick technology that an enthusiast should be aware of?

I cant remember if strive was being stupid detecting my te2 or I'm just still used to and riding my te1 till it dies I think just make sure steam identifies it and it'll turn on yinput and work

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    An Xbox compatible TE/TE2 should be plug and play. A PS3 stick might need configuring through Steam.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

Shingo and the S2 patch will be coming out on the 17th

Also looks like Syvlie and Najd will be in.

Interesting thing to me is this season doesn't look to have teams just single characters.

• Options
    Been getting back in to Strive and God, Gio is just a machine of pressure, I love it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sylvie looks like she's from a different game standing next to the others on that graphic

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Junkfood Arcades was demoing Snackbox Micros. During Holiday Matsuri.

I just ordered one.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    The KoF15 patch is out, and the two mystery DLC characters have already been datamined.
    It's Duo Lon and Hinaka, which people were already guessing from the silhouettes.
    The May Lee dream is dead.

Of note, the updated character select screen has one additional mystery slot beyond what's in the season pass, so another free Boss DLC like Rugal is likely. Also the original roster leak way back before the game released did have a second playable boss on it that so far hasn't released so it's likely that one unless it was scrapped.
    It was Re:Verse, who is already in the game with an unplayable version.

• Options
    Was playing some sets with a buddy and remembered people kept talking about Gio's 5K being big for her pressure, so I was like I need to try that. Wow it felt oppressive.

Hopped in to training afterwards with his char to figure out the counters, then figured out the counter counters, then figu-

3am and I'm just at the computer like

m91n0t2fv4tc.jpg

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Was playing some sets with a buddy and remembered people kept talking about Gio's 5K being big for her pressure, so I was like I need to try that. Wow it felt oppressive.

Hopped in to training afterwards with his char to figure out the counters, then figured out the counter counters, then figu-

3am and I'm just at the computer like

m91n0t2fv4tc.jpg

FUCK THAT 5K

• Options
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    check the twitter handle
    M8_LUMINA

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    point and laugh!

they lost at twitter!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I only noticed as I was copy pasting to post in a random discord

Cause I mean that is exactly the kind of random ass crossover I would expect from a French Bread game

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    I only noticed as I was copy pasting to post in a random discord

Cause I mean that is exactly the kind of random ass crossover I would expect from a French Bread game

I only believe in plausible crossover characters suited to the lore, like Yoda in Soul Calibur or Negan in Tekken

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Xrd rollback is here, with ranked matchmaking! Played a few matches with my oki-less Haehyun and managed to win most of them!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Gbvsr lobbies will have minigames, like a fallguys-like.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Wait are they gonna make me pay to have the fuckin netcode in the first place

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Deans wrote: »
    Xrd rollback is here, with ranked matchmaking! Played a few matches with my oki-less Haehyun and managed to win most of them!

Just a reminder acr+ has had it for years !!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Wait they're running Blitz mode until June? Does that mean that rollback isn't even coming out til after that???

Bro you're gonna charge me money AND make me wait HALF A YEAR?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOVAZg3QJF0

I was gonna complain about paying for the new version just to get the good netcode (presuming it won't be a free upgrade, though they haven't said anything yet)

but

fuck me, I am such a simp for stupid lobby games that this feels worth it on it's own

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
  • Options
    Oh... I'm finally playing Granblue I guess.

• Options
    Wait are they gonna make me pay to have the fuckin netcode in the first place

Yeah, I doubt this'll be a free update. I'd imagine there will be a discount for those who have the previous version.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I'm reading that they're calling it a sequel. It's a new game. Which makes the decision not to show off a single new character even more baffling.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Hmm...I feel the smart thing to do would be to go the SFV route where it's a free update for existing customers and new people can get the update and all the DLC to this point on a Disc.

But it is usually hard to tell with these companies if they will do the smart thing or the very dumb thing.

• Options
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    M A R I S A

This discussion has been closed.