As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Endwalker out November 23rd. Free trial up to end of first expansion.

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
edited August 2021 in Social Entropy++
MLOFzGx.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyuIh12_HU

Final Fantasy 14! It's an MMORPG! It plays a lot like WoW. Except with like, good writing?

The free trial content has been expanded to all of the base game plus the first expansion, Heavensward, up to level 60, with no time restrictions. Probably at least a hundred hours of story content for free, you'll definitely know if you want to spend money on it by the time you finish that. Unfortunately you lose access to the free trial if you have ever subscribed on that account, so returning players still have to pay up.

Shadowbringers is winding down, and Endwalker is winding up. Endwalker won't be the end of the game's life, but it is the end of the story arc that has lasted since A Realm Reborn, or really since 1.0 back in 2010 when the game was absolute dog shit. How far it has come!

Endwalker trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4uwkvxsUac

The two new jobs:

Sage is a healer which fights with independently flying magic bits that shoot lasers and shield allies.

kcl8u5mas4tj.png

Reaper is a melee damage dealer that fights with a scythe and uses a summoned demon as a stand.

2ylewsjzv6z61.png

Benchmark/Character Creator preview out now, with male Viera:
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

BahamutZERO.gif
BahamutZERO on

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    So, is it 5.55 at the end of May that'll add the ability to buy Diamond Gwiber Trumpet for 99 totems? Or some other 5.5x later on?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Also, you all better be ready to lay a hand on a bunch of Butterfingers for a new mount.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    b-but it's already autumn!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    As far as Thavnairian Onions go, how much would you guys say is a reasonable price range on them? I maxed my chocobo's rank and it's time to start using these things.

Edit - Uhhh and how come the stable is telling me I have "no chocobo feed" in my inventory even though I have an onion now?

Edit - Got it. Everything I saw online was saying to select the "feed" option but it was actually "train." I was worried about that because selecting 'train' would bring up a prompt about not earning any more XP.

Henroid on
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    I don't have a stable, I just fed the onion to my chocobo while out in the world. Raised the level cap just fine.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Well then people are wrong about that shit online too, goddamn it.

Anyway I just used The Giving Land for the first time ever since I'm just map farming and HOLY FUCK YOU GET A LOT OF CRYSTALS.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I am attempting to set up a controller on my PC and boy HOWDY it is incredibly complicated with a ton of settings and preferences. If anyone is willing to sit down with me and talk over all of the things, I would really appreciate it.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Yes, the internet is wrong on that one, Square simplified the whole process a while ago. All the guides are for the fucking weird process it was before, the simple way you can do it now warrants no guide. Folks should pull their articles offline.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The FF14 community is not nearly as organized as WoW when it comes to having accurate, centralized information. There's lots of outdated or incorrect information out there.

• Options
    So now that I've been spending gil (I used to have 3 mil and now I'm down to 123k) I've been paying closer attention to how it tends to flow in from passive play and such.

I just realized that the weekly challenges are an okay way to bring in some gil. Assuming you hit 30 challenges for the meta rewards, you're guaranteed 55k, and then another few thousand up to 20k or a bit more depending on which specific challenges you're hitting along the way. It's not earth shattering income by any stretch but it's also pretty easy to just fall into doing anyway, even casually.

In other news I finally learned how the glam stuff worked and put a LOT of items into storage so my retainers aren't hurting for space anymore.

• Options
    I posted that video in my FC's meme channel on Discord, then went to our guides channel and someone posted it there minutes prior.

Both are correct.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    La hee

• Options
    I'm not gonna link it because I don't wanna, but mrhappy put up a good video today about how NA party finder is fucked in their unwillingness to deviate from extremely early-prog strategies and the regrettable tendency to, in his words 'learn strats, not fights' a sentiment that I tend to agree with in my experience with the party finder.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It's gotta be super frustrating for him in particular, since it's his content in a lot of cases that people latch onto, even when he spends like half the video imploring them to be open to new strategies.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    It's gotta be super frustrating for him in particular, since it's his content in a lot of cases that people latch onto, even when he spends like half the video imploring them to be open to new strategies.

He mentions that he's gotten a ton of abuse and harassment from those who don't like his brambles strat in e9s, a strategy that wasn't even created by him, and that his group has stopped using about 3 weeks into the tier, because it's so prevalent in the party finder tool.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Do we have any indications of a new set of Hildibrand quests for Shadowbringers?

• Options
    edited April 2021
    They have said they are not doing them this time, they didn't have any great ideas for it so they budgeted that dev time for other things, and then covid happened too. I assume the quests around the firmament are part of what they did instead.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Other than a cameo in the 5.3 dungeon, I believe they had no plans for Hildi in Shadowbringers.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It would be hilarious to randomly find him buried up to his waist somewhere on the moon next expansion, though.

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Yes, the internet is wrong on that one, Square simplified the whole process a while ago. All the guides are for the fucking weird process it was before, the simple way you can do it now warrants no guide. Folks should pull their articles offline.

Okay yeah but also I am a dummy and would love someone to totally hold my hand as I set up my contriller... <.<;

• Options
    Aldo was talking about chocobo raising. @Desert Leviathan can probably help with controller stuff.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Do we have any indications of a new set of Hildibrand quests for Shadowbringers?
    Since Hildibrand questlines are multi-patch affairs, it's a bit late for a Shadowbringers one now. Though I do recall hearing something about how they're thinking of bringing him back for Endwalker.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2021
    some of you wouldnt skip soar or disband and it shows

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    good, hildebrand quests are on my very, very long list of things to do

• Options
    I'm putting together an outfit for a wedding I'm attending in-game for a few hours.

I did it, I reached the end-game at last. Thanks for helping me along the way everyone. <_<

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Well then people are wrong about that shit online too, goddamn it.

Anyway I just used The Giving Land for the first time ever since I'm just map farming and HOLY FUCK YOU GET A LOT OF CRYSTALS.

I was dying a little when that question got asked last thread and all the old advice about dailies and reduction came out because now it's really just as simple as

1) Use skill
    2) Hit rock/tree
    3) Profit!

There was a time when it was a lot harder! But between The Giving Land and the nerfs to aetherial reduction crystal/cluster output, it's really not the upshot to aethersand farming it used to be.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, thanks for clarifying BahamutZERO.

--
    I think MrHappy is the biggest fluffball IRL, so I feel bad for him when people flip out to him. He vlogged a bit around a Japanese FanFest. It was his first time in Japan, he was so anxious to offend any of the hotel employees and he was super modest when people came up to him to thank him for his content.

• Options
    The wedding I thought was happening today.

It happened yesterday.

Time to go hang myself out of embarrassment.

• Options
    agh, oops

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I can't tell if one of the people it was for is mad at me or just accidentally missing my apology message.

I hate that I was raised Catholic, fml

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    I can't tell if one of the people it was for is mad at me or just accidentally missing my apology message.

Dude, as a Jew, that’s not solely a Catholic thing.

Edit: Got the Emerald Gwiber yesterday after farming it on and off since 5.5. Decided afterward to try to get a bard bow from Diamond Weapon, and...
    E0HMsZBX0AAE7FE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    E0HMuncWQAEYkj9?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    E0HMwGJXMAApIA8?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Zython wrote: »

Dude, as a Jew, that’s not solely a Catholic thing.
    Never said it was, just giving some background over the unnecessary amount of guilt I'm feeling right now.

Edit - I logically know it's silly. But my heart right now is just nope'ing on me.

Henroid on
  • Options
    I'm sure it's ok, it happens

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    while bozja is ass in a can it's nice to have a relic weapon path that that is made up of doing stuff you would be doing anyway like "run roulettes"

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    If it helps, it is extremely easy to miss messages in FF14 if you're actively doing pretty much anything.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I just reached 80 with PLD making 6 Jobs at 80 and I still don't know what Job I would want to "Main" if I were to make that choice. (DRK, PLD, WHM, BLM, RDM, SAM) Warrior is lowest at 51 and the others jobs are 60 to 70. I haven't started Gunbreaker yet. Blue Mage isn't included because...

(Still haven't unlocked Bozja. I am in 5.3 right now and not sure if the Bozja stuff is further in the MSQ or if it comes in one of those quests after the Ruby Weapon thing.)

• Options
    edited April 2021
    bozja requires stb content to unlock so if you haven't finished the raids in that you can't go there

I bought an apartment. I am not good at designing but I put an orchestrian in it and made the playlist all nier songs so it's a pretty sweet apartment

Jars on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    I just reached 80 with PLD making 6 Jobs at 80 and I still don't know what Job I would want to "Main" if I were to make that choice. (DRK, PLD, WHM, BLM, RDM, SAM) Warrior is lowest at 51 and the others jobs are 60 to 70. I haven't started Gunbreaker yet. Blue Mage isn't included because...

(Still haven't unlocked Bozja. I am in 5.3 right now and not sure if the Bozja stuff is further in the MSQ or if it comes in one of those quests after the Ruby Weapon thing.)

bozja requires you complete the ivalice raid questline found in hingashi first

bozja is also generally the fastest way to level from 71-80, if you can keep from clawing your eyes out midway through just to feel something

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bozja also does not unlock through the MSQ, no

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.