As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallopolis - September - Heroes Win!

• Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I have submitted an official statement of why I should be elected to Rygar (he asked me to) and it should be posted shortly. If it isn't he is a lying liar and I will post it myself (and I will vote him for death).

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Technically, a two-trick pony: at least he mirrored it.
    You dropped something too.

Stare at the hole in the watch.

mirrorinvertum0.gif

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Oh, so B:L and Munkus are in cahoots now? I see how it is. These conspiracies must be destroyed!

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Awesome! Two votes for me already!

Guys, bury the hatchet - voting based on a past game's antics is stupid.

Btw, !vote Shamus for speaker.

Why you ask? My vote is not based on a selfish wish to be in power, nor is it a vote out of sympathy. I understand the villain mind. I was there in the Soviet Phalla, I was the Giovanni. I now how criminals work, and I can honestly say, without a lie leaving my lips, I am a citizen.

You all do realize, because everyone is voting for Buzz Buzz based on him getting killed the first night, he's gonna end up as a villain this round.

And withdraw your votes - Infidel knew I was only a noble.

Shamus on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You just said not to base voting on past games' antics.

Locus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Locus wrote: »
    You just said not to base voting on past games' antics.

As in holding a grudge - I'm referencing my skillz that kill.

Plus, I can bring many pictures having to do with the name "Shamus" to bear.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Shamus is a slippery fellow who cannot be trusted. He should not be elected, but eliminated!

I submit your signature as evidence of this.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shamus wrote: »

And withdraw your votes - Infidel knew I was only a noble.

Lies, you are just abusing the fact that he is not playing this game and is thus likely not reading this thread.

Last Son on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    fpprdd0.jpg

Page 2!
    fpp2eo2.jpg

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    shamus1xu3.png

Exclaimer: I did not pay this man for his vote of confidence. Indeed, the great Burt Reynolds fully supports me.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Why don't I get some kind of election "vote for me" image?? Also I think Buzz Buzz is a man.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Those are jpegs, I aint editing them.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ahaahahahahahahahaaa

Giggling like a fucking retard here

Thanks alot, Gnasty/Rygar

you dicks

heeeheeeaahaahahaa

EDIT: And fuck you too, Shamus

Gawd I'll never get working now

ahahaha

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Why don't I get some kind of election "vote for me" image?? Also I think Buzz Buzz is a man.

You didn't pay?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh god my eyes[img][/img]Exclaimer: I did not pay this man for his vote of confidence. Indeed, the great Burt Reynolds fully supports me.

See, we should kill him just so we don't have to put up with stuff like this.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Gnasty wrote: »

You didn't pay?

Oh, woops. I think I accidentally spent all of my money on hookers and blow. Don't worry about it, I'll make my own!

Gnasty's campaign bumper sticker is coming soon! Stick around, folks!

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I would like you all to know that Gnasty's claims against me are slanderous and misleading. I hate neither midgets nor paraplegics.

Additionally, Rygar's blurb not only gets my gender wrong, but claims he made several attempts to contact me. He made one, and I responded approximately 35 minutes later. Some of us citizens hold jobs, and at these jobs we are unable to draft complex statements quickly. Nevertheless, I did submit a statement, and I shall post it in spoilers.
    Why should you elect me? Damned if I know. I do know that I have a huge target on my back, but I don't know why. I rarely do incredibly flashy things, and yet I'm still a target for the baddies. To steal a thought from TehSpectre, I guess that means I'm doing something right. Couldn't tell you what that something is, but apparently baddies don't want me around. Perhaps I think too much about these things, and that thought is obviously problematic for our foes. Still, I am no better than any other player, given the proper amounts of time and information. Time I have, information I lack. But in my opinion, it is not in our best interest to put those with the most information into office, at least at present.

To borrow another thought, this from...I believe it was Ardor, we get two votes a night. One for who we want to kill, and one for who we want the baddies to kill for us. The Legion Speaker is a prime target for the villains, which is why we probably want to keep our heroes out of that position. The villains want to eliminate our heroes, as they must kill 9 of them to triumph. Voting them into office gives the villains more bang for their killing buck. As I am simply a concerned citizen, our fair town of Phallopolis loses nothing but an observant colleague should I fall. I realize that we do not know the identities of our heroes, but in fact their secret identities are their best defense against the evil powers that stand against them. In order to keep them safe, we must keep them hidden and out of the limelight. My death is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, and thus, I am a fine choice for the position. For these reasons, I ask that you consider me as a candidate for the position of Legion Speaker.

Granted, my statement is not the most eloquent piece of work ever crafted, but I believe it to be superior to Gnasty's own work, which is nothing more than a collection of self-wankery and malicious lies.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Oh god my eyes[img][/img]Exclaimer: I did not pay this man for his vote of confidence. Indeed, the great Burt Reynolds fully supports me.

See, we should kill him just so we don't have to put up with stuff like this.

Last Son, friend, why the hate? There's only one word for the stuff that I post.

shamus2eb4.png

Also, Ardor, if he was able to play, would endorse me.
    Ardor wrote:
    You do know the villian mind, that should help you gain the advantage over the villians in the fair city of Phallopis.

I could stand behind your campaign against the villians and say if I were playing, I would vote Shamus.

Shamus on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The graph is missing who the other 1% is. And your paper has no information about the execution vote.

I give it four honest, hardworking citizens out of five.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    shamus1xu3.png[img][/img]Exclaimer: I did not pay this man for his vote of confidence. Indeed, the great Burt Reynolds fully supports me.

Ahh my eyes! Spoiler that crap!

This thread needs more Powergirl! Shes my hero, so cool and awesome and liberated and yeah...

I !vote for Buzz Buzz. Gansty can be like later and it's cool and I don't think Buzz Buzz is eveil, but if he is evil it's gonna be wierd, but it may be cool, and you know make lots of work... and stuff.

Ohhh! Butterfly!

AcidSerra on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    The graph is missing who the other 1% is. And your paper has no information about the execution vote.

Let's make that 1% higher, Thorgot. A vote for me will ensure such a change.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Shamus don't make up endorsements. Ardor totally sent me that PM, why would he endorse you too? Of course, I'm not surprised you are fabricating information, for I already know that you are a slippery fellow that must be eliminated.

ALSO

vote-gnasty.jpg

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

Let's make that 1% higher, Thorgot. A vote for me will ensure such a change.

I'm already voting for a different party, so it wouldn't increase the 1%.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Shamus has convinced me.

!vote Shamus for death

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hey guys. DevoutlyApathetic is at work...

I !vote DevoutlyApathetic for execution.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It's gonna be so awesome when it's revealed upon my inglorious execution..I'm a citizen.

At least I'll have robothero's game.

But never mind that - these votes to put me to death have no substance.

Shamus on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Hey guys. DevoutlyApathetic is at work...

I !vote DevoutlyApathetic for execution.

I hate you.

Also, get it right, I die when I'm asleep, not when I'm at work. I was up and post whoring earlier before going to see the Pirates movie. I ipso facto I can't die tonight. It'll have to wait until some other night.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So yeah.

After a day at work, Im totally willing to send my vote to be speaker to whomever sends me anything interesting. Preferably true.
    About your powers would be even more better.

Oh, any suggestions for who is evil enough to vote to kill?

Citizen on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Citizen wrote: »
    So yeah.

After a day at work, Im totally willing to send my vote to be speaker to whomever sends me anything interesting. Preferably true.
    About your powers would be even more better.

Oh, any suggestions for who is evil enough to vote to kill?

B:L.

She will spread slanderous lies about me. The city can not afford her lunacy for too long.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Done!

!Vote B:L for death!

Feel free to convince me otherwise.

Citizen on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Done!

!Vote B:L for death!

Feel free to convince me otherwise.

Also, vote for me.

I'm awesome.

Edit: Gnasty will give you free sex - with diseases. Ew.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Done!

!Vote Shamus for death!

Alright, time to go read a book so no one can convince me to change again.

Citizen on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Okay guys I need more legion speaker votes.

Also Rygar did not include the title of my superbly-written article, so I will provide it.

"Why Gnasty is Totally Awesome and Should be Elected Legion Speaker Fo' Realz"

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Done!

!Vote Shamus for death!

For speaker. D::lol:

Edit: Gnasty, awesome is currently my trademarked word. You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    In addition to all of my other amazing qualities I am also super-good at shooting things with guns.

great-shot-with-a-rifle.jpg

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Done!

!Vote Shamus for death!

For speaker. D::lol:

Edit: Gnasty, awesome is currently my trademarked word. You'll be hearing from my lawyers.

Your backtracking is an obvious sign of evil!

Die villain! (I mean that in the nicest possible way)

Citizen on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You know what, Shamus is right. Everyone should be voting for him.

!vote Shamus

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This just in!

I too have received an endorsement from Ardor.
    Ardor wrote:
    I have chosen to wisely give out my endorsements to the three most qualified candidates in Phallopolis. The final endorsement goes to my longtime friend and ally, Buzz Buzz. His efforts have caused such strife and agony amongst the evils we have seen in our lifetimes that he has always been considered highly dangerous and put to the knife. We need leadership and efforts by this great man. Vote Buzz Buzz! Were I living, I would also vote for him.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Good enough for me.

!Vote Buzz Buzz for speaker.

Citizen on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Buzz Buzz was too lazy to even write an endorsement thingy. He obviously doesn't care about the position and does not deserve it AT ALL.

Also, I !vote Shamus for death because he's a crazy dude.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'