As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - It’s Actually Cool

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - It’s Actually Cool

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    Remember the garden work simulator from Simpsons? It's all reality now.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Torilla tavataan.

• Options
    HerculePyroHerculePyro Lord Mayor's CroupierRegistered User regular
    I have sunk an inordinate amount of time into House Flipper and its various DLCs, so I guess yes, that would be kind of nice.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Johnny17 wrote: »
    Remember the garden work simulator from Simpsons? It's all reality now.

It's an entire genre of games (fittingly called "dad games") It turns out that this sort of stuff is a good way to lose oneself in a sort of pseudomeditative state.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    You could customize your vacuum with various brushes, motors, and bags while staying within the power budget of an outlet in the era and place. There could be events: Maybe the neighbor announced their baby's gender with enough glitter and high explosives to constitute a war crime. Maybe a popular brand of boxed red wine has a structural defect. The highest difficulties are College Dorm and Portland.

NemuriBaku on
  • Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    I think the reason these games are stimulating is because chores are hard but in simulation are easy. So it feels good to do them with the click of a button.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Having worked in a career where I've had to occasionally clean things off with a power sprayer, I know that is does feel oddly satisfying to clean off muck with a precision spray, especially something covered in dirt. I can appreciate a game that lets you recreate that without the effort or expense.

• Options
    jberryjberry longtime reader firsttime poster Fort Smith Ark USARegistered User regular
    I'll charge that if you reclaim my hardwood by adjusting its length—I shag erotically.

[emoji : musical notes]
    I'm just a modren guy—
    Of course I've had it in the
    era before

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    Having worked in a career where I've had to occasionally clean things off with a power sprayer, I know that is does feel oddly satisfying to clean off muck with a precision spray, especially something covered in dirt. I can appreciate a game that lets you recreate that without the effort or expense.

Yeah, I can totally see that, like when you have a really dusty car window and you wipe and it just makes this really stark division where everything is clean in one sweep. It makes you feel like you accomplished something, powerful.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Thinking about it, real life power spray cleaning is kinda like a light-gun game: the spray is the weapon, the dirt patches are the targets, the delicate instruments are the non-combatants that penalize you if you hit them.

• Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Oh, Gabe. The lessons we have forgotten...

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/07/20

jXho8J5.jpg

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Games about vacuum cleaners can be fun!

https://youtu.be/4A-6FcEes1A

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Power washing is admittedly quite satisfying. My wife loves power washing the deck and promptly claimed the chore for herself after doing it for the first time.

• Options
    NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    The power washing subreddit has over a million members.

• Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Whenever you pick Shag Carpeting for the level's mode, you get free a Dirk Diggler you have to work around while he's in the middle of working.

• Options
    GrahamfGrahamf Registered User regular
    ngl i'd play a vaccuum simulator game. it could have janky physics like Katamari games or it could be a puzzle game where you are a roomba and have to navigate difficult floors to clean everything.

• Options
    IiroIiro Registered User new member
    Yay! Finland mentioned!