As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Nuance

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2021 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Nuance

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    edited June 2021
    Everyone makes mistakes.
    But does Superman really have to yell "Hail the Patriarchy!!!" now every time he casts a Finisher on her?

Johnny17 on
  • NemuriBakuNemuriBaku Registered User regular
    Luckily, I don't have to fret over the implications of beating up poison ivy because she utterly destroys me.

• WolfosoWolfoso Registered User regular
    Ahhh, f 'em. They dig themselves into the hole well alone.

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I wonder, when Ed Boon summons you to his office to fire you, does he hell "GET OVER HERE!"?

But seriously though, holy crap was that event tone deaf. They got rightly dragged for it, and hopefully will learn their lesson and not, say, have an event where you clobber Cyborg during February.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    NemuriBaku wrote: »
    Luckily, I don't have to fret over the implications of beating up poison ivy because she utterly destroys me.
    That should be the tag line, you can try to beat up Poison Ivy but thanks to her powers of Bi-Sexuality and the friends she made being nice to plants she will simply wreck you.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Next up, they'll have the player beat up Batman on Father's Day.

sig.gif
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    That should be the tag line, you can try to beat up Poison Ivy but thanks to her powers of Bi-Sexuality and the friends she made being nice to plants she will simply wreck you.

Massively raised difficulty unless you fight her with another bi character (I assume Harley qualifies?), where their powers cancel each other out.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    It must be very difficult for Homo Sapiens Executive. They evolved the always look out for the best way to gather cash from their environment, through whatever means available no matter how debased. Evolution had no way of knowing that when the climate changed, having a conscience would be crucial to survival.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    It must be very difficult for Homo Sapiens Executive. They evolved the always look out for the best way to gather cash from their environment, through whatever means available no matter how debased. Evolution had no way of knowing that when the climate changed, having a conscience would be crucial to survival.
    They'll evolve a way to imitate one, much easier.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

"Look, we had some unexpected results from our Conscience Algorithm. It's not perfect but it is an algorithm, which means it is made of science. I think you'll agree that when it makes mistakes, you have to blame science and not any of us execs. Even when those mistakes are so boneheadedly obvious that any human with a human brain could have told you it was a stupid idea."

• BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    This month I've been seeing some of our favorite fictional companies celebrate pride by applying a rainbow gradient to their logos. Thank you, Wayland-Yutani, Umbrella Corp, and Hyperion, for your ongoing support now that gay marriage is legally accepted by the US government.

• FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    Oh god, it's the Steven Universe fandom all over again.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Companies please just don't. Like good lord.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

This just makes me think of the Panda's thumb.

Or the Viceroy butterfly.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

Massively raised difficulty unless you fight her with another bi character (I assume Harley qualifies?), where their powers cancel each other out.

Just like in real life.

H9f4bVe.png
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I might be wrong, but wasn't Injustice one of the first stories to have Harley and Ivy as a couple? I'm highly baffled (though not really surprised) how the guys behind the story completely forgot one of the main character's sexuality. Or is the mobile game helmed by a different team?

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I wonder, when Ed Boon summons you to his office to fire you, does he hell "GET OVER HERE!"?

But seriously though, holy crap was that event tone deaf. They got rightly dragged for it, and hopefully will learn their lesson and not, say, have an event where you clobber Cyborg during February.

They'll offer a discount for buying John Stewart, Cyborg, and Steel. So you too can add these fine specimens to your collectio--oh no....

In the news post Jerry mentioned "Eric" and for a moment I actually wondered "Who is this new Eric with no titles to his name?" Then I realized he was casually referring to the notorious E.J.B., Edge Benson, Azerbaijan.

• PALaxxPALaxx Registered User regular

The only lesson they need to learn is to not virtue signal. Considering corporation track record, I don't have high hopes they'll learn anything at all.

• V1mV1m Registered User regular

Why when they've already evolved ways to parasitise them?

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

They'll offer a discount for buying John Stewart, Cyborg, and Steel. So you too can add these fine specimens to your collectio--oh no....

okay what if they get five characters of color for the price of three white char- nope, nope...

Real life violence against the LGBTQIA+ community and women within that community in particular is all too common and we should actively engage in efforts to end LGBTQIA+ violence, not normalise it.
    That's from their apology. The "in particular" clause is interesting. On the one hand it might be interesting to see some statistics on which groups are most at risk of a violent hate crime. But on the other I don't want to treat it like a weird divisive competition.

But on the other I don't want to treat it like a weird divisive competition.

Leave it to a AAA game shop. They love making weird divisive competitions.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    That's not divisive competition, that's acknowledging intersectionality.

steam_sig.png