As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dead By Daylight] Now Literally Inflicting Physical Trauma on Its Players

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I wonder if that's related to yellow glyphs being way easier than I remember. Doing them this week, I only had to hit like four checks, previously I remembered it being like eight and I'd always mess it up

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    New dev update

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/384-developer-update-april-2023

Base healing returning to 16
    Medkit altruistic healing being buffed.
    Medkit self-healing nerfed (takes 24 seconds)
    All medkits stay at 24 charges (ie 1.5 heals)
    Billy nerfs reverted
    Dead Hard changed to activate when YOU are unhooked
    Pain Res regression massively buffed (25% regression from 15%), but still only once per unique survivor
    CoH healing bonus doubled (still no self-healing)
    One of the newish absolutely garbage maze tiles (seen commonly in Garden of Joy, but apparently also on Wreckers Yard recently?) is getting adjusted to be safer.

Decent changes, I guess. At least not as horrific as the first go round. Dead Hard still doesn't need to be nerfed into the ground like this, and that still promotes tunnelling straight off the hook because it doesn't work with OTR or base BT, but I suppose that's more of "rewards camping".

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The notes mention that medkits get an efficiency penalty for self heals, so they're now all one heal for self, 1.5 heals for altruism, which seems reasonable.

This version of Dead Hard is way better than the PTB. It's now kind of an anti tunneling perk. It still works great when the killer waits out your base kit BT and then you hit them with the Dead Hard, or if the killer isn't tunneling straight off hook or you manage to get away, it doesn't get turned off by touching a generator the way Off the Record does.

Circle of Healing now does +100% heal speed (but only for altruism) which seems reasonable

Fixing that absolute useless maze tile is a nice change

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    yeah these are all exactly what was needed. I agree with basically everything here now. especially pain res that's still entirely usable now at 25%

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oQ89V-H1x4

Ash finally gets a new cosmetic and it looks so... so... so... so... so bad.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Oh it's his Asylum outfit from the tv show, neat

• Options
    edited April 2023

If you have Prime Gaming (or can bum a code off someone who does), the entire next Premium rift track starting on Wednesday is the reward for May. Which includes the usual 1k Auric Cells refunding it. Meaning that instead of a recolor for one skin, or that month they gave a paltry amount of BP, it's enough for two licensed characters. Four if you're patient enough to wait for the inevitable Anniversary time sale.

E:
    Also, if you buy Meet Your Maker, the Wraith weapon you get is comically gigantic and literally covers up your entire screen every time you get a hit.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    yeah If you play DBD enough to get far in the rift this is legit probably the best amazon prime reward period. I might actually try to play more this month and finish the rift. Which would be the second time I ever finished (and bought) a rift since I started playing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Mid-chapter patch notes
    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/385-6-7-0-mid-chapter

Aside from the dev update stuff (medkit nerfs, infinite gen-stall nerfed, DH/CoH/CoB/Overcharge gutted), the early tome challenges were made easier. Medkit add-ons still super bad except for the couple broken ones.

E:
    Oh, apparently if you play on Steam, they completely fucked up your configurations. Because no patch can exist without fucking SOMETHING completely up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1bs_E2vcCI
    1 - Type run in your windows search bar

2 - Write %localappdata% in the text box and enter

3 - Go to Dead By Daylight > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor

4 - Copy the Engine.ini file (and GameUsersSettings.ini if you wish to get all your normal settings back)

5 - Go back 1 folder and paste the files you just copied into the WindowsClient folder

6 - Done

Also, looking at the bug report forum, PTB Legion and Pig were super fucking bugged on the PTB and... they're still super bugged. Legion's animations are fucked up, but especially the Frenzy cancel. It's sped up but the actual cooldown is correct, so it just looks super weird. Pig, however, her ambush is laggy, her weapon drifts around the screen when you strafe, Combat Straps are slowing crouch instead of speeding it up, and she now somehow has the Nurse fatigue effect when she wipes her weapon (screen gets forcibly pulled down to look at the ground).

I have to imagine that Merciless Storm probably erases your HD at this point.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I used to play this religiously but these days I get more enjoyment from periodically watching a streamer play.

The gameplay loop has gotten really stale for me. They need to do more than add new variations of the same content. I’m personally looking forward to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game and hoping that gives a little more in terms of variety content.

• Options
    Evil Dead has arrived on Steam as of 4/26 and it's as mixed as ever.

It did add Baal, Ash's dad and some outfits plus some bug and balance fixes and new solo mission.

However that's the end of planned content so it may or may not be on life support. I imagine it'll limp along till another asym comes in but a damn shame.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Evil Dead has arrived on Steam as of 4/26 and it's as mixed as ever.

It did add Baal, Ash's dad and some outfits plus some bug and balance fixes and new solo mission.

However that's the end of planned content so it may or may not be on life support. I imagine it'll limp along till another asym comes in but a damn shame.

Plus the game works like shit; we've tried to play it repeatedly and can never actually group up or see each other online

• Options
    Weird, first question is always having crossplay on but I assume you're playing on the same platform

• Options
    We tried the Dead By Daylight boardgame last night and it was pretty great!

I played the Nurse and and for some dang ol reason always sacrificed the same damn Survivor the whole game so I never got and bonus sacrifice tokens. They ended up winning with me only halfway on the Sacrifice track. The Nurse REALLY gets around tho; pallets and redirections are no real trouble for her scream teleport.

I'm really looking forward to playing it again.

• Options
    Astanas wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems getting awards in the dbd? I can not solve them. Maybe someone has had problems?
    what awards do you mean?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Astanas wrote: »
    Has anyone had problems getting awards in the dbd? I can not solve them. Maybe someone has had problems?
    what awards do you mean?

I think that's a fake account. There's a gambling site link in the sig

• Options
    can someone tell me what the weird horn sound is in this DBD run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YubPrW8BCLQ

• Options
    edited May 2023
    that's something that happens with the knight's buddies. I think it's when they spot a survivor?

Also oh god. this was at the start of Knight's reign of 3 gen terror huh.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    A few seconds after a guard starts chasing somebody (length varies by guard), they drop a banner and it makes the horn sound. If the survivor being chased touches the banner, the guard despawns and the survivor gets a short haste and endurance. It's supposed to incentivize picking up the banner, but it's rare that's an actual option because you've usually also got the knight himself chasing you.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    hey @Karoz exactly where do i go in Evil Dead to get the AI mode that actually gives you XP? I asked the devs back when it came out and they said there was no way to get XP other than to play the full online mode

• Options
    Unfortunately the only vs AI mode gives a pittance of exp compared to regular games.

It's not nothing but it sure seems next to nothing.

• Options
    Golden Week mini-event in DBD.

Sales on some stuff and a solid chunk of BP/Shards eventually. Supposedly some codes at some point too.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Unfortunately the only vs AI mode gives a pittance of exp compared to regular games.

yeah but where is it? i can't find anything that gives me XP

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

yeah but where is it? i can't find anything that gives me XP

My bad, took a screenshot. Might be huge.
    w11fx7o70ic1.jpg

• Options
    cool thank you!

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Apparenty Last Year is back on Steam after its drama and is now Free To Play, which seems like a bad idea, but it's also had a big update, and since DBD's last couple chapters have been... not ideal, it is another asym horror thing, but from what I recall, it's not that good. Maybe that's changed?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1195460/Last_Year/

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I wanted to like Last Year but never got a proper gasp on the gameplay so it was just a chaotic mess to me.

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Anniversary leaks coming out spicy.

Finally a sci-fi killer with new xeno-planet map.

YhDTeXJ.png

Road map a little interesting for the kind of weird breaks of survivor/killer schedule. I really hope the anti-camping mechanics or whatever actually kill it entirely. It'd help with tunnelling too, but the last time they did a big 'anti-camp' thing, most of what they did was obliterate the anti-tunnelling perks, making camping itself even stronger. I also don't entirely trust map rebalancing thoughts. There are issues, sure, but I feel like every opinion I see on it is completely fucking wrong, and since most of that is driven by killer-main streamers, it's EXTREMELY slanted towards "make everything better for killers PLSIGNORETHE60%+KILLRATEKILLERSARETHEREALVICTIMS. Maps SHOULD be strong for survivors at the start. If anything, I'd say they need to be more like places like Gideon, with just a metric shitload of pallets, but half of them absolutely garbage. If you're going to bring maps like Cowshed into line, you really need to address the absolute murder holes like Midwich and Dead Dawg just as much.

The rest is all the same shit they promise every single anniversary. Totally gonna fix the meta. Totally gonna deal with toxic players and be more responsive to reports. They have been somewhat better about perks for the last year, but removing griefing assholes? Give me a break. There are still Fog Whisperers who are miserable incessantly griefing shitbags.

Also, Twisted Masquerade is apparently the event itself, so more masks for the original survivors/killers.

E:
    More dubious, but from the same leaker, apparently an Iron Maiden and Slipknot collab coming, though unclear what exactly, as well as cosmetics for Naughty Bear (old BHVR horror game, basically just a large murder teddy bear), and other cosmetics designed by Ikumi Nakamura (lead designer for Evil Within), and a DBD spinoff being developed by Supermassive (The Quarry, Until Dawn).

Also, also, what in the absolute fuck.

This seemed like a dumb troll, but it's... it's real? What the fuck.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    This is literally the best DLC DBD has ever offered.

• Options
    What's next, actual cannibal Shia Lebeuf?

• Options
    I'd buy that too.

• Options
    Anniversary stream abruptly moved up from next week to two days from now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdPomoXIkmg

I'm sure for no real reason.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Lotta leaks! New robo killer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_4G7ec6VRI

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I was hoping nicolas cage would be the killer for a few moments. This is good too though

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Releasing a Nicolas Cage survivor and a Nicolas Cage killer simultaneously would be the best.

• Options
    God they better have a vampire Nicholas Cage skin

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Anniversary stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSlaDMyYyEs

In true BHVR fashion, they fucked up in the in-game announcement ("Join us at [insert URL] at [insert time]!", and on Twitter, said it starts at 1 EST... whereupon it begins with a 30 minute countdown to the actual start.

Though I'd be surprised if there's anything we've not already seen from leaks. Maybe some specifics or more precise times on stuff like anti-camping though? Doubt it.

E:
    Codes: DBD7 (for BP), trapper7 (for a charm)
    Next two killers after Singularity are confirmed as major licenses.
    More (smaller) events throughout year (summer BBQ event basically all but stated as returning)

Singularity's power seems to be that it can set up 'turrets' that it then 'enters' to shoot at survivors. Once a survivor is hit, it can teleport near them like... Hag seems like? Very fast teleport. Uggggh. Another zone control killer. Hopefully it's basically just one shot per set-up turret, so kind of like a trappy Pinhead, but just the intel is enough to make it similar to Skull Merchant.

Coldwind Farms first up for getting 'rebalanced' within a couple months.

Anti-facecamping mechanic is that hooked survivor will be able to unhook themself if a killer is too close to the hook for too long, even if second stage. It's a meter that fills. Closer to the hook, faster it fills. When all gens are done, it turns off. When another survivor is near to the hook, the time required greatly increases. Not awful, but does nothing for tunnelling, which goes hand in hand with this. Not coming soon though. Will go to a future PTB before it's released. So not for probably 4-6 months at least.

Perk search bar coming with this update.

DC survivor bots coming summer, but ugggghhhh. This is such a bad idea.

Player cards are a new flavor of meta-cosmetic (eg background/banner/icon on your name). Coming fall.

DBD comic series in June (Legion origin story).

Spinoff games exist, but very little said about them.

Iron Maiden collab will have music. Slipknot collab seems to be entirely masks for killers.

Twisted Masquerade is expanded and stuff you collect/get you can use for in-game advantages (block vaults or spawn pallets... OOF), or use for cosmetics.

New challenges in tomes starting with Twisted Masquerade event tome for "Random perk loadout".

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    ArcTangent wrote: »

DC survivor bots coming summer, but ugggghhhh. This is such a bad idea.
    It is quite literally better than the nothing that is currently in the game. A survivor dcing just ruins the match entirely for everyone. At least if its a bot replacement there's A CHANCE to still play the game. And hey, The bots are not that much worse than your average solo queue player.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I've tried them in custom games.

They absolutely are, and are flat out nonfunctional on certain maps and against certain killers.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Which is still better than a big ol goose egg.

M A G I K A Z A M