As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What kind is chip is best [chat]

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    when complimented, my demureness only intensifies

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    If I ever need a blood transfusion I just hope the blood o get will be haunted

oh I got haunted blood one time, from Jersey

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Frito
    Aioua wrote: »
    covid has robbed me of over a year of compliments on my mustache

who can I sue?

I've gotten hella remarks on my mustache, most often the remark being "how often do you get strangers remarking on your unexpected mustache when you take off your mask?"

I'm breaking stereotypes, I'm a pioneer! I'm basically Lewis & Clarke and Harriet Tubman rolled up into one

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Now that know you all get flustered by being complimented how will I not abuse this power? Now that I know your weakness? Your kryptonite?

I can't be trusted with this kind of knowledge.

that's my secret jebus

i'm always weak

53kFq5z.jpg

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I’m getting backend errors from different websites. Is there a cloud infrastructure outage somewhere?

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Sun
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Oh hot damn
    they just called to schedule my infusion
    and it’s in two hours

amateurhour credeiki

Which one you getting? Old fashioned basic iron or one of the new fancy irons?

Or blood.

Just iron

I asked for the new Ping G5s but all they have is a used Taylor Made sandwedge

I will say iron infusions wipe me out more than normal stuff. So just be prepared for a possible reaction tonight.

I actually have one next week...

Yay for being permanently anemic from iron deficiency.

Ugh

Tell me what to expect

I’m new to the anemia game

Hopefully you stay short term.

I live in basically a permanent state of altitude sickness. Brain fog, getting exhausted real fast, out of breath on short walks sometimes. I hate it.

Iron infusions give me a headache, make me super tired, and sometimes what feels like a low grade fever. Usually over in about 24 hours.

Sadly because our bodies have to make blood thing it takes at least a week or more before you start feeling a bit better.

Yeah the brain fog I have right now has me at nearly a crisis point, and it’s only getting worse since my anemia isn’t improving. My surgeon said to expect two weeks before I see improvement. I definitely already have the weakness, the fatigue, the shortness of breath. Good times.

I think the the brain fog drains me the most too. Because it can cause all sorts of strains with work, relationships, hell just cooking and not hurting myself by accident.

Just not being able to remember or think clearly. And it is very hard to know when it will kick in and when it won't. And it is hard to describe to people around you.

You don’t know how much you saying this puts me at some measure of ease, though

The last month has been really horrible. I keep forgetting people’s names and I can’t remember hardly anything. I keep forgetting what things are called or call them the wrong thing. I had a dream last night where everyone keep using my deadname.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I’m getting backend errors from different websites. Is there a cloud infrastructure outage somewhere?

oh no six got cancelled

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tortilla

IBS

irritable browser syndrome

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Now that know you all get flustered by being complimented how will I not abuse this power? Now that I know your weakness? Your kryptonite?

that's my secret jebus

i'm always weak

Where you see weakness I see beauty.

Yeah. Take that.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tortilla
    because

because backend errors

• Options
    Tortilla

that's my secret jebus

i'm always weak

Where you see weakness I see beauty.

Yeah. Take that.

*withers to dust*

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

oh no six got cancelled

Frankly, it’s about time

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    morning fellow husks who don't interact with people enough to be complimented and instead rot in solitude

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    why is it always the backend

i thought we agreed we could start doing the frontend

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    they need to do reverse X-Com already where you play as the aliens

or at least a Terror From The Deep remake

What about Chimera Squad?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Kettle
    Oh hot damn
    and it’s in two hours

amateurhour credeiki

Or blood.

Just iron

I will say iron infusions wipe me out more than normal stuff. So just be prepared for a possible reaction tonight.

Ugh

Tell me what to expect

I live in basically a permanent state of altitude sickness. Brain fog, getting exhausted real fast, out of breath on short walks sometimes. I hate it.

Iron infusions give me a headache, make me super tired, and sometimes what feels like a low grade fever. Usually over in about 24 hours.

Sadly because our bodies have to make blood thing it takes at least a week or more before you start feeling a bit better.

Yeah the brain fog I have right now has me at nearly a crisis point, and it’s only getting worse since my anemia isn’t improving. My surgeon said to expect two weeks before I see improvement. I definitely already have the weakness, the fatigue, the shortness of breath. Good times.

I think the the brain fog drains me the most too. Because it can cause all sorts of strains with work, relationships, hell just cooking and not hurting myself by accident.

Just not being able to remember or think clearly. And it is very hard to know when it will kick in and when it won't. And it is hard to describe to people around you.

The last month has been really horrible. I keep forgetting people’s names and I can’t remember hardly anything. I keep forgetting what things are called or call them the wrong thing. I had a dream last night where everyone keep using my deadname.
    Oh hot damn
    and it’s in two hours

amateurhour credeiki

Or blood.

Just iron

Ugh

Tell me what to expect

You are not alone. I am happy to listen if you need it.

I have been dealing with this for years. I haven't had a normal hematocrit since I think 2016. And I know how much talking about it can help.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I got compliments on my chops for a while. 100% by men. Men love enormous chops.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Tortilla
    why is it always the backend

i thought we agreed we could start doing the frontend

third base is front end errors

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Now, five years after the events of XCOM 2, humans and aliens are working together to forge a civilization of cooperation and coexistence.

no see I want some Mars Attacks X-Com

• Options
    Tortilla
    I got compliments on my chops for a while. 100% by men. Men love enormous chops.

mutton
    pork
    judo

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Frito
    Neco wrote: »
    I like my clothes

Neco I've complimented your style several times and you know that.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

mutton
    pork
    judo

jazz

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    good morning babies

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Frito
    Mutton, Pork, Judo?

Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth

• Options
    Sun
    Oh hot damn
    and it’s in two hours

amateurhour credeiki

Or blood.

Just iron

Ugh

Tell me what to expect

Oh hot damn
    and it’s in two hours

amateurhour credeiki

Or blood.

Just iron

Ugh

Tell me what to expect

I have been dealing with this for years. I haven't had a normal hematocrit since I think 2016. And I know how much talking about it can help.

The road to where I’m at has been weird

Apparently I’m anemic because I lost too much blood during surgery, and while my H&H has recovered, my iron never did. It’s still going down. I’ve had the cognitive issues since immediately after surgery but it’s definitely worsening. They tried putting me on high-dose oral iron but thanks to my gastric sleeve I don’t seem to be absorbing any of it.

I’m honestly looking at several more weeks of recovery, if not longer. Very unexpected for a surgery that was supposed to be just an overnight stay.

• Options
    good morning babies

s-skippy-chan . . .

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Regular Potat
    Bluescreen rounds were broken af on Gunslinger to the point where I actually felt they needed a separate, lower damage value with pistols.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

Now, five years after the events of XCOM 2, humans and aliens are working together to forge a civilization of cooperation and coexistence.

no see I want some Mars Attacks X-Com

i would watch this movie
    18734035._SY475_.jpg

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Kettle
    is it a day of the week? probably gcp

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    1986.jpg

• Options
    Sun
    Apparently I gotta go buy some beef to augment my iron intake

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Pringle
    I didn't think a person could listen to Hey, Man Nice Shot for 10,000 hours but Ceddy really showed us all what cam be done when you put your mind to it.

i don't know why i always confuse Malcolm Gladwell with Oliver Sacks but one of them would be proud

The difference is that Oliver Sacks is one of the greatest people ever and Malcom Gladwell is okay in a pop science probably full of crap way, but he did tell a really good story on The Moth Radio Hour that one time.
    Also, Oliver Sacks is dead. Malcolm Gladwell keeps on living, for some reason.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Sun
    Nobody could draw that well in 1986 except for Dave Gibbons

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Kettle
    Oh hot damn
    and it’s in two hours

amateurhour credeiki

Or blood.

Just iron

Ugh

Tell me what to expect

Oh hot damn
    and it’s in two hours

amateurhour credeiki

Or blood.

Just iron

Ugh

Tell me what to expect

The road to where I’m at has been weird

Apparently I’m anemic because I lost too much blood during surgery, and while my H&H has recovered, my iron never did. It’s still going down. I’ve had the cognitive issues since immediately after surgery but it’s definitely worsening. They tried putting me on high-dose oral iron but thanks to my gastric sleeve I don’t seem to be absorbing any of it.

I’m honestly looking at several more weeks of recovery, if not longer. Very unexpected for a surgery that was supposed to be just an overnight stay.

have you tried being assigned to guard magneto?

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Duolingo is getting even more aggressive with the ads. Instead of just playing an ad after a lesson, now they’re playing it before it lets me start.

Of course you’re more likely to learn a language with Duolingo Plus! Because without it, eventually you can’t use the app anymore. It’s just ads.

Six on
  • Options
    Frito

I better hear some great sizzles coming outta that kitchen this week.

I'm talking skirt steak fajitas, rib roast, bleu cheese sirloin burgers...

• Options
    Tortilla
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I didn't think a person could listen to Hey, Man Nice Shot for 10,000 hours but Ceddy really showed us all what cam be done when you put your mind to it.

i don't know why i always confuse Malcolm Gladwell with Oliver Sacks but one of them would be proud

The difference is that Oliver Sacks is one of the greatest people ever and Malcom Gladwell is okay in a pop science probably full of crap way, but he did tell a really good story on The Moth Radio Hour that one time.
    Also, Oliver Sacks is dead. Malcolm Gladwell keeps on living, for some reason.

i am 90% sure i mix them up because i heard like a Radiolab about Oliver Sacks and Malcolm Gladwell on the Moth on the same day 15 years ago

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Regular Potat

I get noticeably more PVCs when I don't have beef at least a couple times a week.

So I eat steak, like, every other day, haha. I'm spoiled.

• Options
    Tortilla
    Duolingo is getting even more aggressive with the ads. Instead of just playing an ad after a lesson, now they’re playing it before it lets me start.

Of course you’re more likely to learn a language with Duolingo Plus! Because without it, eventually you can’t use the app anymore. It’s just ads.

on the one hand i did consider $10/mo totally worth it for the vastly improved experience and i actually learned a language from it

on the other hand we are bleeding to death by a thousand subs

This discussion has been closed.