As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Collector's [CHAT]

AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened OptimistThe Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
edited July 2021 in Debate and/or Discourse
HOW?

FUCKING HOW, GETH? I MADE ONE FUCKING POST IN THE THREAD IN THE LAST 3 DAYS...

*ahem*

So. I collect shit. Lots of shit. Which means it's time for another thread of "WTF, Ath, how the fuck do you own all this stuff and what do you do with it?"

Alternate title: "Clean your fucking apartment!"

So here's my current office. Around the new year, I set up a table so I could start cleaning/organizing my collection, and because it is a vertical surface it has just become covered with stuff at this point. There's a lot of paper trash around that needs to go.

PrGxXQ7h.jpg

Here's the cleaning table (*sigh*) and my primary Lego shelves.

d9ldNFCh.jpg

This is my large Transformers, as well as my older Transformers and figures. I really want to get these shelves cleaned off and put away, because many of these just.. look bad, ya know?

95HGnwPh.jpg

This is my Manga and older book shelf. Most of the things on here are books I've had since I was a kid. It's also where Trypticon lives because he is a big boi who doesn't play nice with the other Titans.

i7lEThBh.jpg

This is RPG shelf #2. It is also where some of my larger Zoids are, as well as my human cat toy collection.

T5ap18Ch.jpg

RPG Shelf #1 doesn't change much because it contains all my legacy Shadowrun stuff, but the top is new -- I now have My Little Pony statues!

5pLlJCIh.jpg

This is my main board game / gunpla shelf. A few months ago I went through and re-organized all my board games in alphabetical order, which is why there are more toys strewn about. There are some missing items that I've pulled out to play with / work on.

vww479wh.jpg

Board Game overflow. My wooden crate board games are here, as are just.. large ones that I haven't organized yet.

8pURIwvh.jpg

My last attempt at a cleaning table is here. This sucker was set up.. a couple years ago? I am... really bad at this.

dAKn8Gvh.jpg

I just like having a Lego Voltron, nothing else special about this pic. :)

R6Arvmeh.jpg

So.. yeah. Please, don't become like me. 20 years of toy collecting and a ton of disposable income leads to bad choices in life.

... But I do admit, I enjoy showing it off and having things that bring people joy. Now if I could just figure out which specific ones bring ME joy to own. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
Athenor on

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    @Bogart you forgot the most important part of every baseball movie!

slo-mo zooming in on the person running as the camera cuts to the antagonist watching the ball fly out of the park

stone cold classic every time

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    This big storage energy.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I should've gone with something themed after Fading Suns or Homeworld, but I wanted to get something out there quickly.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Seth and Lorde go day drinking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krYT0dRihbk

and Seth gets drunk as hell

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    4unv8ozajydi.jpeg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Bogart you forgot the most important part of every baseball movie!

slo-mo zooming in on the person running as the camera cuts to the antagonist watching the ball fly out of the park

https://youtu.be/i94ldGNNSQ0

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'm reading a car restoration/build thread on another forum and the guy that writes it is a delight
    One of the things not included in the head gasket set are the 'insulators' that sit under the fuel injectors. Mine are a bit crispy.

So I ordered some more from the nice man at Toyota.

Unfortunately they got the got the wrong bits. Theirs are like plain rubber rings, mine are like little Mexican hats with the top missing.
    As I said to the chap at Toyota, "mine are like little Mexican hats with the top missing" as I did an impression of a Mexican putting a sub standard, miniature hat on.

Even now this image makes me chuckle

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    The best part of any sports movie is where the protagonists figure out how to cover up their PED use and recruitment scandals better than the rival team.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    4unv8ozajydi.jpeg

Where's that r/relationshipadvice thread where that lady had to put strict limits on her partner's funkopop purchasing

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    4unv8ozajydi.jpeg

Where's that r/relationshipadvice thread where that lady had to put strict limits on her partner's funkopop purchasing

Let's be honest, for a stable relationship that number should be 0

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Cleveland doesn't have tons of art but the guardian statues are right near the stadium so it's kinda a duh pick.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Athenor it's called hoarding

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    If your MAN is buying FUNKOPOPS maybe read a 1960s COMIC BOOK once in a while

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited July 2021
    Cleveland doesn't have tons of art but the guardian statues are right near the stadium so it's kinda a duh pick.

I looked them up and they are cool as hell art deco pieces. Plus they have some obscure LOTR energy

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    wasn't that thread just that she hated them rather than them causing real financial strain?

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    How does Geth pick the next OP??

• Options
    Funk O'Pops

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Some of the oldest known works of human representative art are hand-carved fertility idols

Which is why all my anime titty figurines are actually high culture

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Athenor it's called hoarding

I am well aware of this. I keep myself sane by saying that at least I don't have newspapers and other detrius around.. but these pics make it look worse because I haven't done a recycling run in a bit. :(

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

Step 1 is excluding rabble like me.

• Options

something along the lines of random choice of people who've posted in the last few pages

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

I looked them up and they are cool as hell art deco pieces. Plus they have some obscure LOTR energy

I'd drive 20 minutes to get an instagram shot at them but I am feeling like Hope Memorial Bridge is going to be fuckin' packed today

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular

something along the lines of random choice of people who've posted in the last few pages

But never mobile people, right?

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Black magic, blackmail and bribery

• Options

whoever said the most slurs in the last chat

• Options
    Tumin wrote: »

But never mobile people, right?

maybe

i certainly haven't been picked much if at all since i stopped primarily browsing from desktop

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Proingles

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

gamer gamer gamer gamer gamer gamer

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    The Cleveland Polka Dot Socks

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bogart you forgot the most important part of every baseball movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atTA43Qsym4

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

mushroom mushroom

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Funny thing is after Gamergate...yeah I don't call myself a gamer or consider myself a gamer

good job gamers

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    So bored and so alone that I was quite a few verses in before I realized I was singing along out loud to a song that is explicitly about having been radicalized and going to an airport to wage holy war

https://youtu.be/ogox4nrOBaE

Being at a nearly empty airport is kind of nice, though

There's no sitting around acting proper like i'm in public, because I am very much not

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wasn't that thread just that she hated them rather than them causing real financial strain?

I think you're right

I definitely detected an undercurrent of "I think this is unhealthy behaviour but don't really know how to articulate why" from it though

• Options
    After the Dune movie comes out what if all the kids start thinking holy war is cool again?

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud @credeiki

The alphafold structure is actually shockingly close to the cryo em structures of the proteins (complex, transmembrane) we work on.

I haven’t looked into it too deeply, yet, but I pulled that this morning.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I pick things up

I am a collector

And things, well

things

they tend to accumulate

• Options
    After the Dune movie comes out what if all the kids start thinking holy war is cool again?

As long as they can see the future.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    There has to be a sketch where the owners are trying to figure out a new name for the team and everyone is just suggesting worse and worse slurs

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

As long as they can see the future.

What if kids start drinking the water of life and starting bene gesserit breeding programs??

This discussion has been closed.