As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I really hoped I wouldn't have to make another [Quarantimes] thread

CelloCello Registered User regular
edited September 2021 in Social Entropy++
Well!! Folks!! We're still here!! How are you all hanging in there? Glad to see more and more forumers have been able to access shots worldwide, at least.

Today I was walking my dog and found someone papered our route with extremely shitty antivax stickers and signs. After trying to peel the first off a pole and settling for just removing the half with the words "virus" and a website, and realizing there were a ton more around, I gave our City services line a call. Turns out they count as graffiti, so I spent 20 minutes listing off all the ones I saw - they should hopefully be gone by the end of next week, thankfully! Or else I'll have to make counter-signs saying VACCINES ARE GOOD ACTUALLY I guess

Steam
3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
Cello on

• TefTef Registered User regular
    It’s going! We went into lockdown again, but there looks to be some light at the end of the tunnel, at least.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I've got really indigestion because my friends had to order extra cheese on the pizza while we were commiserating tonight about our friend who died.

Also I'm totally horrifyingly depressed and it's a nightmare.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

BREAKING: Police on-scene at Vail elementary school after group threatens to zip-tie principal over COVID-19 protocols

Because when a child is asked to go into quarantine due to possible exposure to Covid, of course the proper response is to threaten citizen-arresting the principal of the school with zip-ties with a couple of pals.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Had a brief fling with the notion of doing things again, including going to a wrestling show a while back but Texas is continually descending into the pit so I’m back to only leaving the house to go to work if I can help it. Got 13 days of vacation I’m just likely not going to get to use because we are just absolutely buried for the foreseeable future. Like three weeks into giving up caffeine.

But at least I have plenty of gundams to build.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Had a brief fling with the notion of doing things again, including going to a wrestling show a while back but Texas is continually descending into the pit so I’m back to only leaving the house to go to work if I can help it. Got 13 days of vacation I’m just likely not going to get to use because we are just absolutely buried for the foreseeable future. Like three weeks into giving up caffeine.

I am very thankful I get to bank vacation leave because I'm rocking a solid 30 unused days in that account at the moment and I guess we'll see how long it takes for them to tell me I have to use *any*

My workload is still low at home and I'm not gonna burn leave that I'm not using to actually vacation, so

Steam
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

I am very thankful I get to bank vacation leave because I'm rocking a solid 30 unused days in that account at the moment and I guess we'll see how long it takes for them to tell me I have to use *any*

My workload is still low at home and I'm not gonna burn leave that I'm not using to actually vacation, so

Yeah my work is use it or lose it, I can’t even cash the time out.

That's some garbage right there!!

Steam
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    threatening to zip tie someone is a hell of a thing. but it's much preferable to many alternatives

Jars wrote: »
    threatening to zip tie someone is a hell of a thing. but it's much preferable to many alternatives

Very true. It's still pretty nuts. And it seems par on course for that school and the guy who brought said zip-ties. Someone that doesn't even has his kids enrolled there no less.

Fucking loser doesn't even have kids at these schools he's harassing and pretending to take over:

"(Kelly) Walker said he planned to speak to the board before the meeting was canceled, although his children are home-schooled and do not attend Vail schools."

Speaking of stupidity over schools and masks...sigh...

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is withholding school funding from Broward County, after officials enforced a mask mandate in schools — as pediatric COVID cases surge.

“I trust the parents more than I trust the government,” DeSantis said. https://cbsn.ws/3zUM6os

But Rob, aren't YOU the government?

That's some garbage right there!!

America, America. God shed his grace on thee.

edited September 2021
    Owenashi wrote: »

exactly. would you trust a government run by ron desantis?

Jars on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    How does your country work America?

Blake T wrote: »

Look, we threw tea off a ship to prove we meant serious business about becoming our own country. The rest of the world has had over 200 years by now to come to terms over what they were getting.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Largely, it doesn't. But all the other significant western powers got blown to hell in the first half of the 20th century and here we are.....

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited September 2021

250 year pyramid scheme

Tallahasseeriel on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I've got really indigestion because my friends had to order extra cheese on the pizza while we were commiserating tonight about our friend who died.

Take a break today and do some self-care. Just one thing. Hot shower, quiet walk, nice meal. Just one thing

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    we have a bunch of bad faith actors who sabotage everything to prove that the thing they are sabotaging doesn't work, then we give money to people who already have the most of it

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I do need some self care and a break but alas I have a lack of pto {last I checked a laughable 19 hours} and with just how stupid work is I need something to distract me from that

Got to pet a record number of dogs in dog class today

Personal victory, over here

Steam
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

The US makes a lot more sense if you think of it as fully balkanized with each state being its own country.

Because that's pretty much where we're at right now.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

The US makes a lot more sense if you think of it as fully balkanized with each state being its own country.

Because that's pretty much where we're at right now.

With a hostile force trying to take over each state not already their own through skullduggery

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I restarted my AMC A-List not long ago and now it's feeling pretty foolish!

That said, given that I don't really end up around people who aren't or can't get vaccinated, I'm not as worried for my sake so I'll probably end up using it nonetheless

So @Jars, remember you said that there could have been worse alternatives to three idiots and zip-ties? I think someone was listening.

Three schools in Vancouver, WA were forced to go on lockdown today, after members of the Proud Boys tried to gain access to school grounds to protest masks. This is the Proud Boys outside before that happened.

Story.

Ringo wrote: »

Take a break today and do some self-care. Just one thing. Hot shower, quiet walk, nice meal. Just one thing

I did a few things yesterday to try to keep occupied actually it's just as soon as I'm alone again I get bummed out again.

I'll be ok

Just bought a DS Lite off Facebook, AMA.

we have to protect the children by letting them get covid

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Cancelled book club again, literally my only non-professional human contact these days.

It's not good, man. I have all the exposure of working forty hours a week with patrons who don't wear masks because I can't make them and none of the relief of seeing any of my friends because we're all responsible adults who have a depressingly high likelihood of being asymptomatic spreaders. Or maybe symptomatic spreaders, it's hard to tell with the ragweed and the wildfire smoke.

One or two times a day I see someone walk into the library not even trying to check their pockets for a mask and I get deep-down acid-burning hatred towards folks who just want to use the computers or check out a book and have been lied to by assholes for two years. It's no way to live, but there's no end in sight, so what the fuck I guess.

Eat at Arby's.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Went to a different farmers' market than usual today, one we last went to in the spring, and I think I met my future self??

A petite older lady in her 70s who primarily bends fancy spoons into bracelets and rings, who also cuts handsaws into fanciful shapes using a plasma cutter "and has the scars to prove it"

She also got into powerlifting over the lockdown and showed us her biceps through her sweater, and gave us her personal records (including a fuckin' 3 minute plank holy shit)

Steam
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »

exactly. would you trust a government run by ron desantis?

desantis instituted a fine of $5000 for any business that requires proof of vaccination, starting in a few weeks

party of small government, btw

Jedoc wrote: »
    Cancelled book club again, literally my only non-professional human contact these days.

It's not good, man. I have all the exposure of working forty hours a week with patrons who don't wear masks because I can't make them and none of the relief of seeing any of my friends because we're all responsible adults who have a depressingly high likelihood of being asymptomatic spreaders. Or maybe symptomatic spreaders, it's hard to tell with the ragweed and the wildfire smoke.

One or two times a day I see someone walk into the library not even trying to check their pockets for a mask and I get deep-down acid-burning hatred towards folks who just want to use the computers or check out a book and have been lied to by assholes for two years. It's no way to live, but there's no end in sight, so what the fuck I guess.

Eat at Arby's.

Is there any way for you to hold book club outside, maybe? Masked up, etc?

If you're all vaccinated and able to hang out in a backyard with spaced out seats, it might be a feasible way to hold it safely

Steam

How do you get your DS delivered, and if so, how do you avoid mail theft

Steam
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Eat at Arby's.

Is there any way for you to hold book club outside, maybe? Masked up, etc?

If you're all vaccinated and able to hang out in a backyard with spaced out seats, it might be a feasible way to hold it safely

Yeah, you're absolutely right. We had some good outdoor book clubs last spring, and we're getting into the season where we can do it again. Patio dining is an absolute nightmare for Oklahoma's hot season, but as long as it's not actively ice storming we should be able to get through the winter with those big mushroom heaters.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I had a haircut for the first time in 599 days.

Would have liked to make it an even 600, but the timing just didn’t work out.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.

How do you get your DS delivered, and if so, how do you avoid mail theft

I suppose ai have yet to find out as I have a tracking number but no delivery date yet. Have you tried marking the box like “biohazard” or “human feces” or “live bees”?

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I suck at sudoku

I made a program that solves sudoku and now I just don't see the point

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I suck at sudoku

I made a program that solves sudoku and now I just don't see the point

This happened to me with the Picross in Murder By Numbers. :lol:

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I've kinda been toying with the idea of getting into twitch streaming at some point. Don't really know where to start and I'm not sure my pc can handle doing vimbeo gaymz until I can find a new gpu in, let's see... uh 65 years.

But it seems fun! Seems like a fun little hobby. Create some C O N T E N T. Go to heaven on an HDD. Live forever on the web, where everybody knows your name.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just weighed myself and I'm sub-70kg (154lb) for the first time in... I can't actually remember when I was last below 72kg. Maybe it's thanks to the gardening work? If so that's great news because gardening work during summer = ability to binge eat all winter and not feel guilty.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I've kinda been toying with the idea of getting into twitch streaming at some point. Don't really know where to start and I'm not sure my pc can handle doing vimbeo gaymz until I can find a new gpu in, let's see... uh 65 years.

But it seems fun! Seems like a fun little hobby. Create some C O N T E N T. Go to heaven on an HDD. Live forever on the web, where everybody knows your name.

I have thought about trying to stream a few times. Then I remember I'd have to do commentary and I think about what kind of stuff I would say and I bore myself too much to progress with the idea.