As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I really hoped I wouldn't have to make another [Quarantimes] thread

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I initially read that as "moneypox" and was sure we have just fully leaned into real life becoming The Division

I have mixed feelings on the Division games, but the virus originally being spread on contaminated cash, on Black Friday, is *chef kiss*.

like, that is professional supervillainy right there.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hey why didn't they call the sequel long division

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The Dollar Flu

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Dollar flu is a poor person's version of affluenza.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    Platy wrote: »
    Apparently arting is like riding a bicycle

It makes your ass hurt and some people do it wearing ridiculous, skintight clothing?

No, no. She said arting, not farting.

• Options
    Good God I didn't sleep good last night at all but I've never felt wiped out so bad after tossing a few things in the instant pot as I do right now

I feel like I need to lay down and sleep, I haven't even felt remotely this tired since before getting my CPAP machine.

Is this what my life is going to be like post covid? Because fuuuuuuuuck

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    The tortoiseshell had to get dental work, so I've got her confined to the bedroom and she is Not Having It. Homegirl is high, hungry/nauseated, and angry at being confined. She will accept pets, but she is restless and occasionally growls to herself. So much for being doped up and sleepy.

She removed her leg bandage in the time it took me to fetch water! (Vet tech: "Leave it on for at least half an hour; she just got the catheter removed, hopefully it won't bleed after that.")

Apparently she got all the laying around quietly out of her system at the vet, when she was hiding under the towel. Cats!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    My partner took a break from work to come check on us, gave her a snuggle to try and convince her to settle on the bed. As he attempted to leave the room, it was made obvious the cats had been coordinating (despite whatever weird ongoing tension they've got.)

He did that little dance to keep the tortie a few feet away as he opened the door, but the tabby leaped into the bedroom, which distracted him just long enough for the tortie to zip down the hallway. Exquisitely timed choreography, no rehearsal, perfect execution.

I was no help and started laughing as this played out. I gave him a hug and said it'd be fine.

Which bore out, as she immediately had a pee, drank water, and ate some food, so getting back to normal after a short confinement was likely for the best, and kinda what I'd been mulling, just less spy/heist shenanigans involved. (The tabby is our Party Cat, so she is both very curious as to goings-on, and invested in making sure Everyone is Okay. But the cats' respective drives matched up really well in that moment.)

Completely unrepentant:
    11h7lawzc179.jpg
    sbm30c0e1e6a.jpg

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Cats can be horrible little gremlins and I love them so much

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So my mom tested positive for COVID today. Which would be bad enough, except I’m staying with my parents until Sunday. She seems to be doing good, but the concern of long COVID lingers. I just hope my dad and I don’t get it. >.>

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm seeing Rammstein tonight at Cardiff stadium. There's like 40,000 people here which is the most crowd I've been around in at least 8 years, it feels really surreal. And I am 1000% going home with covid tonight.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Rammstein was my first viewing of a representation of gay male sex, then he came all over the audience

10/10 no notes

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I would like to peepen sie Rammstein one day.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I believe in you.

I believe you're gonna do it!

• Options
    i know you can pee on rammstein someday jugg you've been peeing all your life you're ready for this

• Options
    I'm going to a concert in September

Lamb of God, Killswitch engage, suicide silence and baroness

I hope I don't get covid there it's my early birthday gift to myself this year

• Options
    I'm going to a concert in September

Lamb of God, Killswitch engage, suicide silence and baroness

I hope I don't get covid there it's my early birthday gift to myself this year

you should be more worried about them sacrificing you to satan

i was assured they do that exact activity

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I'm seeing Rammstein tonight at Cardiff stadium. There's like 40,000 people here which is the most crowd I've been around in at least 8 years, it feels really surreal. And I am 1000% going home with covid tonight.

Just get close to the stage, there's probably enough fire in the air to kill a virus.

y4j29ga0qfjl.jpg

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Rammstein was my first viewing of a representation of gay male sex, then he came all over the audience

10/10 no notes

https://youtu.be/WpNCpqh33Us

Probably turn your volume down if you're gonna watch that. My phone mic did not cope well with the sound.

• Options
    Oh yeah the audio in that is clipping basically from the start.

I'm not sure there's anything anyone could do about it lol

• Options
    I took so many videos and they all sound horrendous, lol.

My ears are ruined because no I did not remember to get earplugs. Kind of worth it though. We were in the Feuerzone, it was toasty, Rammstein are brilliant.

• Options
    Found a video of the set being constructed. It takes a whole week (I remember commenting to my brother that it must take at least a day, because I am a numpty who doesn't know anything about stages).

https://youtu.be/JgGuRKgvWQ4

So many people and vehicles. And they do performances more than once a week so they must have at least 2 full versions of this set so they can constantly have one ready. Plus probably a lot of spare parts, a full fleet of lorries for each one, and all the crew it needs. I'm starting to realise why they charge £35 for a t-shirt.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I just spent 2 days in a 1,500+ person hacker con and they had full shields up:

* Everyone needed have a vaccine pass, which means double jabbed + boosted. This was checked against ID at a hacker con.
    * All masks all the time. Free replacement masks available (KF94 with Kawaii cat whiskers).
    * RAT test table for anyone who wants (people did end up testing positive on day 1; they went home and isolated and watched on the livestream).

I'm also about 90% certain I ended up sitting next to @Orthanc for a couple sessions.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Amusing Facebook post from Thursday

Maybe they should put some signs up around their venues so people unfamiliar with them know what to expect.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Oklahoma County is back up to high community spread, so we're back to indoor masking (for staff only, of course, too many guns around for anything else) and I sure would appreciate it if we would stop breaking temperature records at the same time. If Heat Miser and Plague Miser could like share Google calendars and figure this shit out that would be totally rad.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just amazed anyone bothered to mandate masking again

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's pretty much just the commie pinko library and the air force base at this point.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2022
    The bf has a headache and a 102 fever so we're waiting out a PCR test while he isolates from the universe.

I feel fine so I'm hoping that by some miracle if he has the dreaded c-19 I've somehow escaped. But if his pcr comes back positive then I'll get one too.

In the meantime, lotta house chores to get done i guess!

tynic on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    hope he feels better and you're negative!

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Omicron: it’s coming for us all

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    It's pretty much just the commie pinko library and the air force base at this point.

We still require it in airports/on airplanes but their use is definitely down

Certainly more than I saw in Dublin or London in May, though

We'll see what happens in the fall

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I think chances are above average that my mom has Omicron, and that I got it from her today. She's had a sore throat and fatigue since Saturday night and never put 1 and 1 together, and then I went over there today to help her with some stuff. After I'd been there for like 2 hours she told me about her symptoms and shit and I was just like, how is this not something to tell me before I get here?! So I guess I'm quarantining for 3 or 4 days until I've "progressed" far enough to actually get test results.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Good to know the owners of my work building are doing their part by placing up signage to let everyone know that lift restrictions have been adjusted from 4 to, uh… *checks notes*… 19 people

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Good to know the owners of my work building are doing their part by placing up signage to let everyone know that lift restrictions have been adjusted from 4 to, uh… *checks notes*… 19 people

who the hell gonna get on an elevator with 18 other motherfuckers on it

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have yet to even see an elevator capable of holding 18 other motherfuckers at once

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Freight elevators are big

Also hospitals tend to have large elevators, on account of needing to fit beds and stretchers

Docshifty on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have been on all of those and while they may be able to carry the weight it is the volume that is of concern.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I think I might've been on an elevator with that many people before

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    19 people enter the elevator.

Somebody farts.

The lift doesn't move until the culprit is found.

Elevator Confidential coming to The CW this fall.