Options

How does Wile E. Coyote afford all those Acme products?

LarsLars Registered User regular
Since 1949, Wile Ethelbert Coyote has been shown purchasing various Acme products from the mundane to the fantastical, almost always having them expressly shipped to the middle of nowhere so he can attempt to catch the Road Runner.

However, I cannot recall the issue of payment ever coming up, and it seems like this hobby would get expensive over time. So how does he do it?

How does Wile E. Coyote afford all those Acme products? 134 votes

He's a Trust Fund Baby.
2%
DisruptedCapitalistPsykomaEvilCake 3 votes
He's very good at playing the Stock Market.
0%
Decomposey 1 vote
He is a YouTube Influencer that reviews Acme products so he gets them for free.
6%
ButlerUnbrokenEvaA Dabble Of TheloniusOricalmKruiteRomanian My EscutcheonLucedesNytewarriorshoeboxjeddy 9 votes
Acme products are surprisingly cheap.
13%
LegacyEmperorSethMegaMan001chromdomDarkPrimusOlivawTNTrooperUrielHadesJedocDaebunzMagellSLyMDark Raven XknitdanSorcediscriderGvzbgul 18 votes
He doesn't. He's massively in debt because of his obsession. Please get that coyote some help.
43%
Munkus BeaverMulysaSemproniusSnorkRedTideJasconiusGarthorHouk the NamebringerASimPersonKadithZeroCowLindsay Lohan-SPI-iguanacusLBD_NytetraynSonelanRear Admiral ChocoBahamutZEROsarukunLanzJragghen 58 votes
Crime.
15%
Indie WinterQuidDJ EebsDouglasDangerTheGerbilph blakeHacksawTheySlashThemShadowfiregodmodeMatevPeenUsagiThe Cow King3cl1ps3LuvTheMonkeyPlatyEnlongBrovid HasselsmofCaptainBeyond 21 votes
He bought the early products, then successfully sued the company when they blew up in his face and he now gets them for free as part of the settlement.
8%
Kane Red RobeDepressperadoNorgothHeadCreepsElaro101Mr FuzzbuttzepherinSnicketysnickMcHogerChall 11 votes
He successfully led his employer into believing he's working for home, so he's actually being paid for his normal job while running around the desert.
2%
durandal4532AntoshkaLost Salientmilski 4 votes
Esports money.
1%
see317TheStig 2 votes
He uses Larlar's credit card.
5%
DarmakProlegomenaSirToastyReynoldsMechMantisironsizideani_game_bum 7 votes

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Working from home.

Damn uneditable poll options.

Lars on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I think the animation studio pays for whatever he wants to order, within reason.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I think the animation studio pays for whatever he wants to order, within reason.

Ah, I'd meant to have an option that was something along the lines of the episodes of the cartoons being like a documentary or like Jackass or something, and so the studio paid for it, but when I was adding the poll options I forgot that one and just threw Esports money in it's place.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Acme is Amazon. Cheap, shit products with quick delivery. There's probably looney toons pissing in bottles and having a breakdown in the Acme Zen booths.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Crime.
    Acme also shows up in those old army cartoons where they basically make everything which is needed for the war effort, so maybe there's a connection there

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    The answer is simple. Volume.

https://youtu.be/KodqIPMbyUg

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    bitcoin

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    sex worker

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Acme's cheap shit

That's it that's the gag

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    He's been returning everything that doesn't work. (Aka everything) Acme won't do refunds but they will do exchanges, so he's been slowly escalating over the years.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    He doesn't. He's massively in debt because of his obsession. Please get that coyote some help.
    He was a trust fund baby

Now he's massively in debt

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    He bought the early products, then successfully sued the company when they blew up in his face and he now gets them for free as part of the settlement.
    Petition to change the thread title to

Where does he (Wile E. Coyote) get those wonderful toys?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Crime.
    It's always crime

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    "My client, Mr. Coyote, is starving to death your honor. He lives in the desert, there's not a lot of culinary options. All he wants is to catch a nice, delicious roadrunner. And to thatend, he ordered one of the defendant's products. The ACME Bird Catcher 3000, a simple box with a trap lid, in a style used by many wildlife trappers around the world. Now, I will provide evidence that not only did this product not work, but that when Mr. Coyote went to check the trap to find out why it failed, it erupted with enough energy to produce a mushroom cloud, like a nuclear device. I don't even know why a simple trap cage would have any explosives at all."

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Crime.
    Wilie E. Coyote is cool.

Crime is cool.

Therefore, Wilie E. Coyote does crime.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Acme's cheap shit

That's it that's the gag
    Isn't it more of a Nimrod gag?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    It's always crime

What crime, pray tell? The crime of being self-reliant? Of trying to live off the land? Of being true to one's nature?

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    He's a drug mule

• Options
    Odin wrote: »
    He's a drug mule

He's clearly a coyote!

Those guys smuggle people, not drugs

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Esports money.
    By "eSports" I mean "An incredibly lucrative OnlyFans account catering towards BDSM Furries".
    It's the only thing that makes sense.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Dude’s got it made, he just orders shit and never bothers to pay. What’re they gonna do, send debt collectors to the middle of the desert? All he’s gotta do is not answer the door and that dude’s fucked. You gonna drive 1000 miles each way to not get paid on account of you got heat stroke?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Esports money.
    sarukun wrote: »
    Dude’s got it made, he just orders shit and never bothers to pay. What’re they gonna do, send debt collectors to the middle of the desert? All he’s gotta do is not answer the door and that dude’s fucked. You gonna drive 1000 miles each way to not get paid on account of you got heat stroke?

Sure, but eventually ACME is gonna realize that shipping millions of dollars worth of high end equipment to the middle of a desert to a coyote that never pays is bad business.
    I mean, they're not the government, ACME is looking for a return on decades of gear shipped to desert.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    super genius

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ya know the old expression 'if you owe the back $10000 dollars they own you, if you owe the bank $10000000 you own them' ?

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    It's coupons

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ya know the old expression 'if you owe the back $10000 dollars they own you, if you owe the bank $10000000 you own them' ?

I know it better with commas.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    super genius
    My family will occasionally bring up an old quote of mine, "My name, soooooper genius."

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Crime.
    Shit, Wile E.'s just testing all of Acme's shit for them, isn't he?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Matev wrote: »
    Shit, Wile E.'s just testing all of Acme's shit for them, isn't he?

That'd go under Early Adopter, YouTube Influencer

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    He is a YouTube Influencer that reviews Acme products so he gets them for free.
    i should have picked crime

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    My assumption has always been that these are all things he invented and filed patents for, while acme actually does the production

He gets money as the patent holder, which is probably lucrative because ACME is clearly some kind of arms manufacturer

Edit: I found out why I believed this as a kid

37gldvj9qh9b.jpg

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    It always breaks, so it's just cheap crap. ACME is the Wish.com of cartoon items.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    In a dark twist, the Roadrunner is the CEO of ACME.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I'm sure this was the reveal in one episode

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

Are you saying I’m going to time travel?!

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Alternatively he's somehow committing insurance fraud and making bank on the personal injury claims

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Are you saying I’m going to time travel?!

My mistake: it was only a couple of items, such as a giant catapult

pn4cai2kz62k.png

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I like to think he sold just one washing machine that paid for all of his ACME products.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    I like to think he sold just one washing machine that paid for all of his ACME products.

God damnit

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    In the years after WWII, the military-industrial complex had an unfathomable backstock of high explosives they had to unload before they got all sweaty and unstable. The obvious market was isolated maniacs in the American West.

This explains most of the second half of the twentieth century.

GDdCWMm.jpg