Options

Movies! Chris Pratt to voice Shai-Hulud in Dune part 2

SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man inWesterosRegistered User regular
edited November 2021 in Social Entropy++
Featuring excellent titles like

Star Trek 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8X44NRltMM

Star Trek : The one with the whales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRzZWm8_fqc

and even Star Trek : The Reboot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFUZ10Wmbw

Also I guess some other non-Star Trek media like Dune or something soon

7qmGNt5.png
D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
Snicketysnick on

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to DUNE ya'll

like so much

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Dune is already out and you can watch it right now, if you want.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    First reviews of Dune are out

It's either better than sex and the best motion picture ever
    Or
    It's two and a half hours of expansive visuals of very drab looking things that serves as a prologue to a sequel movie where things might actually happen if it gets made

Everyone agrees the actors are good, but there is disagreement over whether any of the characters they play have substance
    This seems as expected

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It is much longer to watch the Star Trek TV episodes than the Star Trek movies.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I definitely didn't need them to still see (and likely love) it, but still extremely delighted to see great first impressions of Last Night in Soho

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Maybe we can save the theatrical vs. streaming, 'must see it in a cinema' spiel for when we're safely on the other end of a deadly pandemic.
    You heard Ted, you assholes
    ...As his final breath drew near, the frail, wizened old man exhausted his remaining energy to raise a crooked forefinger, beckoning the nurse who leaned in to hear his last words, but unable to understand the whispered rasp; “I was Bill,” he wheezed, before expiring, “not Ted.”

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I’ve never seen the B&T movies, but Alex Winters is a Twitter delight.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I completely missed that Shang-Chi premiered two days ago. Then again, it looks like there's only five movie theaters in Denmark showing it at all.

I think it's because they're still mad about Black Widow being on streaming.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I’d like to see a movie in a theater again.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I like that Alex Winter apparently has the @Winter twitter handle.

Also hope we don't have a user named Winter that I just pinged.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    This is a reminder that there is no chance of the discourse surrounding theaters ending at least until Dunes fate has been decided. The contract the director signed requires that it be a box office hit for him to do a sequel.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh make no mistake, Dune 2 will never happen

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    The theatre near me has a movie pass like subscription that I've been burning through lately. They've been mostly empty. I think the most people I counted was at Free Guy and it was still less than 20 people.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Maybe, but that's immaterial.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

With Streaming who knows as that seems more likely

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

2ne

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Uh we already have Dune 2.

https://youtu.be/Dbx9mbhKjW0

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Instead of Dune 2: Revengeance, we get a lighthearted spinoff starring Paul Hogan: Crocodile Dune-dee

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I liked Shang-Chi a lot! it's a Marvel movie so it's a bit too long and ends with a CGI monster mash that isn't the most compelling thing in the world but outside of that I think the emotion is all grounded in real shit and the cast is great and I like the fights! just a good time at the movies. I'm still thinking about it a lot actually

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    I loved Shang-Chi, the fights feel so good, you can tell that they were choreographed by former Jackie Chan crew.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

2ne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_lSP8Vc3o

???

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Ohhhhhhh, is THAT what a movie is???

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    WB I double dog dare to pay for 3 more expensive movies that will lose money, are you chicken?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I really liked Shang Chi and I think it and Black Panther prove that representation matters, not only for the sake of representation, but how it opens story and setting opportunities.

• Options
    At least Simu Liu seems to be having the time of his life.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I think it completely rules that he called his shot on twitter and actually got it

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dune was never going to be a commercial success even if there wasn't a pandemic, unfortunately. It's just too weird and hard to market.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I totally agree with all these Dune predictions but it’s pretty funny to me that we’ve decided the fate of a movie that hasn’t even come out yet

Timmy Chalet just banging on a window and shouting and we’re in here going “poor Dune, sometimes I think I can still here its voice”

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    Dune was never going to be a commercial success even if there wasn't a pandemic, unfortunately. It's just too weird and hard to market.

With the star-studded cast, I'd be legitimately surprised if it didn't at least make back its production and marketing budget.

Also they probably narrowed the focus and cut out some of the weirder shit.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Rewatching Alien Covenant and Prometheus and while I still think covenant actually at least has some good action sequences with the alien I’ve actually turned around on Prometheus and find it the better film. They’re both still really bad but I feel like Prometheus is more confident in what it wants to be

And despite hating both films overall I’m still kind of annoyed that we won’t get the planned final movie of the trilogy, since it ends on such a stupid downer and despite not liking either film I still want closure

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Prometheus has like 10 people in it that are supposed to be doctors and every one of those doctors is dumber than a sack of bottles.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

With the star-studded cast, I'd be legitimately surprised if it didn't at least make back its production and marketing budget.

Also they probably narrowed the focus and cut out some of the weirder shit.

I know they have made the book/s into now 2 movies and a mini series. Basically I know making it into those is something of a art into itself with keeping the story yet showing the other stuff of the setting
    In the mini series they did show off the Bene Gesserit's superhuman abilities kind of in Lynch's movie
    Lynch's longer movie {not the director one} on TV got me to read the series of books so I know Lynch's is a mash up of two of the books and the mini series flaked out on doing the god emperor worm
    I do want to see if but when it said it was coming to cinema was for the last year + ??? as at times I never knew and felt they just were moving it as they had no faith in it

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I totally agree with all these Dune predictions but it’s pretty funny to me that we’ve decided the fate of a movie that hasn’t even come out yet

Timmy Chalet just banging on a window and shouting and we’re in here going “poor Dune, sometimes I think I can still here its voice”

hm8qs78rcam8.jpg

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Prometheus has like 10 people in it that are supposed to be doctors and every one of those doctors is dumber than a sack of bottles.

Covenant has that beat, it’s a space colonisation ship and nobody follows any quarantine protocols until it’s way too late.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    watched Last Shift aka The Most Haunted Police Station

it was okay, had some quality scares.

I like horror movies because I find the ability to trick someone thoroughly fascinating, so I love getting spooked by stuff.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Prohass wrote: »

Covenant has that beat, it’s a space colonisation ship and nobody follows any quarantine protocols until it’s way too late.

I like it when the human leader dude realizes the android they found has been lying to them, and demands to be shown whats going on and the android's like "Stick your face next to his egg, it'll be safe." and the human is like "....okay."

Never has a horror movie victim deserved it more.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

I haven't seen Covenant yet because it's not streaming anywhere that I'm aware of.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

I haven't seen Covenant yet because it's not streaming anywhere that I'm aware of.

Only on FuboTV, otherwise have to rent/buy.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/alien-covenant

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Rewatching Alien Covenant and Prometheus and while I still think covenant actually at least has some good action sequences with the alien I’ve actually turned around on Prometheus and find it the better film. They’re both still really bad but I feel like Prometheus is more confident in what it wants to be

And despite hating both films overall I’m still kind of annoyed that we won’t get the planned final movie of the trilogy, since it ends on such a stupid downer and despite not liking either film I still want closure

The third movie would not have been better, or saved the trilogy. Trust me on this.

*looks into the distance, haunted by the memory of Episodes III and IX*

This discussion has been closed.