As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Navigating gigantic threads

TrakkerTrakker Registered User, ClubPA regular
Say I want to get at page 57 of a 123 page thread. The links go 1,2,3....121,122,123. Do I have to click (and wait for the page to load!) 60 times?

Brawl Friend Code:
2105-8311-5414
Trakker on

• BlutnerdBlutnerd Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    No. Each page has 25 posts. If yoy look at your adress bar when on page two or more you will see that it says "start=25" for example at the end. This means that the page starts with post number 25. If you want to jump to page 57, just do a little quick calculating and you'll find out what post page 57 starts with. Then replace 25 in the adress bar with this number and hit enter.

Blutnerd on
    spiritsig500x80.jpg
  • TrakkerTrakker Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2004
    Hey, cool. That works!

Alpha should still strongly consider a more user friendly way to get to individual pages, tho.

Trakker on
    Brawl Friend Code:
    2105-8311-5414
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2004
    Trakker wrote:
    Hey, cool. That works!

Alpha should still strongly consider a more user friendly way to get to individual pages, tho.

I forget what you call them but one of those fields you can click on, and it lists all your options is cool.

So, you click on "page" and it scrolls out the page numbers for you, putting your mouse to the top or bottom of the area makes it scroll.

But I doubt it will ever happen.

Jasconius on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited November 2004
    There was another thread about this in which I suggested that, in addition to the links, a drop down menu of all the page number be added, so that when you picked one, it took you to that page.

I even provided code for it, but alpha then said that he wouldn't be making any coding changes, save for security issues. If anything, he'll probably add it when we switch to the new version of phpBB.

Unknown User on
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited November 2004
    we really just need a sticky or something so people dont feel bad when they try to bother alpha with additions or changes when he cant do anything for another month or 2

Deusfaux on