Options

Hockey [chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I am so fucking hungover shhhh y'all keep it down.

Aggressive Bake off drinking game strikes again.

i gotta say i read the rules last night and that was no game

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Yeah wife is still passed out. Originally we were going to go to b-dubs today for lunch and finish cleaning out our storage unit before our neighbor's bbq tonight.

Now I just want to die peacefully instead of doing any of that.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

i gotta say i read the rules last night and that was no game
    Sounds like a pro tier level game for an amateur hour.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Hitting the point of diminishing returns in genealogy research

I have spent three days documenting every single person with a given first name, surname combination in the Glasgow Electoral Registers from 1891-1939

That's 430 entries across 118 distinct addresses

my great grandfather might as well have been named Angus MacScotchface

it's absurd

in the genealogy charts my grandparents put together, basically every Scandinavian ancestor had a name like Bjørn Bjørnson

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

Yeah wife is still passed out. Originally we were going to go to b-dubs today for lunch and finish cleaning out our storage unit before our neighbor's bbq tonight.

this cracks me up because it reminds me of the ritual in my mid/late 20s where we'd all be completely hammered at like 3am and someone would be like GUYS LET'S DO BRUNCH TOMORROW

and we'd all be like YAAAASSSSSSSSS

and then no one would wake up before 2pm

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

this cracks me up because it reminds me of the ritual in my mid/late 20s where we'd all be completely hammered at like 3am and someone would be like GUYS LET'S DO BRUNCH TOMORROW

and we'd all be like YAAAASSSSSSSSS

and then no one would wake up before 2pm

Oh in my mid 20s I was that guy. We'd all power drink four nights a week and go to a take out hibachi place that set up shop in a former Wendy's

Now I am envisioning a day filled with sparkling water and me holding a beer tonight but not drinking it.

• Options
    I gotta say though it was a fun night with the Mrs.

We laughed at a lot of stupid shit and made out like teenagers and then went to sleep.

• Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Hitting the point of diminishing returns in genealogy research

I have spent three days documenting every single person with a given first name, surname combination in the Glasgow Electoral Registers from 1891-1939

That's 430 entries across 118 distinct addresses

my great grandfather might as well have been named Angus MacScotchface

it's absurd

in the genealogy charts my grandparents put together, basically every Scandinavian ancestor had a name like Bjørn Bjørnson

on the one hand i am lucky that my direct Swedish line has a fairly unusual surname

but on the other hand it stems from one of my ancestors in either the late 1700s or early 1800s just making up a new surname so it complicates things at that point

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    speaking of Scottish people i just learned apparently Scots Word of the Day lady has been driven off twitter by concerned unionist men and now i'm displeased with men all over again

Specifically by a campaign group called The Majority, run by a guy called Mark Devlin, who is a terminally online psycho

• Options

I drank a little bourbon while I watched bake off. Not too much. Drank a lot of water and went to bed by midnight. I woke up at 8:30 and felt pretty great. I was not in it to win it.

• Options

I drank a little bourbon while I watched bake off. Not too much. Drank a lot of water and went to bed by midnight. I woke up at 8:30 and felt pretty great. I was not in it to win it.

You're a wiser man than I

• Options

You're a wiser man than I

Perhaps but you had more fun than I did.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i had people over last night and i just finished the cleanup

one large recycling bag of cans/pizza boxes and then two bags for life filled with bottles

hmmm yes there was probably more alcohol consumed than i originally thought

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I’m not sure who made the mistake but one room of this baseball team in-house was booked for only one night and were sold out tonight

Whooooops

The booking options at hotels always trick me at first glance!

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Paris Roubaix
    Marianne Vos chasing Lizzie Deignan with a 1 minute 17 gap and 14k to go. Almost out of cobbles.

Great race

• Options
    In re: the Outer Wilds-mania that's been running fairly wild in chat

I bought both the DLC and Life is Strange: True Colors last nite but now it's college football gameday and then tomorrow'll be NFL gameday and then it'll be the rest of my life, how can I possibly fit all these damned video games into my schedule? Hmm, perhaps when I'm descending all these stairs...

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    It hasn’t happened to me yet but I’m pretty convinced that at some point I’m going to be on a trip only to learn I misbooked my lodging in some way- and I don’t have enough money to just casually grab other last minute arrangements without a plan/budget

On that day I will die, I imagine

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    It hasn’t happened to me yet but I’m pretty convinced that at some point I’m going to be on a trip only to learn I misbooked my lodging in some way- and I don’t have enough money to just casually grab other last minute arrangements without a plan/budget

we had this happen in london after a plane didn't land properly and damaged the runway

we had a friend living like an hour away so it wasn't too bad but i had to call into work and let them know i wouldn't be in tomorrow and they gave me shit over it and i was like "it's not like i'm faking being sick, you can literally turn on the news to verify my story"

• Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited October 2021
    Agreed to do some kind of beer run thinking itd be a fun couple hours at 3pm

First beer is somehow at 9am? Why am I awake? This should be illegal

Tumin on
  • Options
    Doing some shopping on craigslist and there's a dual axle horse trailer for $1200 that I could probably get with some barter and $300 cash and turn it into a camper.

hmmmmmm

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

we had this happen in london after a plane didn't land properly and damaged the runway

we had a friend living like an hour away so it wasn't too bad but i had to call into work and let them know i wouldn't be in tomorrow and they gave me shit over it and i was like "it's not like i'm faking being sick, you can literally turn on the news to verify my story"

we still need you here tav

• Options
    i haven't misbooked lodging yet but i have had plans change and considered whether it was worth also booking a separate place

but i didn't do that

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

I think you'll find that the attendance policy is quite clear that in these circumstances it is your own responsibility to charter a helicopter

• Options
    Doing some shopping on craigslist and there's a dual axle horse trailer for $1200 that I could probably get with some barter and $300 cash and turn it into a camper.

hmmmmmm

i feel like you could also just find a camper for that which would require the same amount of effort to make usable

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    ride along went really well

helped some old people who were actually real nice

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I once got in a cab after a flight from Seattle to Portland and tried to figure out where my hotel was only to realize I’d booked a room at a hotel in Portland, Maine.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2021
    When did people stop driving everywhere and sleeping in their cars? Fancy fuckers.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I misbooked one of my 3 hotels in Alaska this past september. The booking system sent me around in circles so many times I accidentally picked a booking for a week later than when I needed it.

It was the hotel where we were staying for one night after the flight out, so we were totally exhausted and standing there in the lobby with all our luggage and nowhere to stay. The entire city fully booked. Eventually we found a hotel that was 20 minutes away. They had one free room: one of those weird sex suites with a giant tub in the middle for $400 per night.

I took it instantly but there was definitely a good 15 minutes of pure panic calling places and getting turned down repeatedly.

I was the only one to use the in-room sex tub. It took an hour to fill and my husband refused to get in but wished me luck with my staph infection.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options

I’ve been on a road trip and I had a Marriott booked. But we weren’t going to make it. So we booked a motel 6 and canceled our Marriott reservations. And the Motel 6 was fine. I would book a motel 6 again if needed. It was clean and reasonably safe.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I once flew to Japan with my parents who had somehow cocked up the hotel booking.

Between Christmas and New year. So everything was booked.

Luckily as we walked through the snow looking for hotels (this was pre mobile internet) an old dude I'd met on a previous trip recognised me, came to chat and then walked us over to a hotel where he knew the manager and sorted us out.

I now inspect all booking details from my parents if we're travelling together. And ideally arrive a day after them and leave a day before. Or I handle the booking.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

hmmmmmm

i feel like you could also just find a camper for that which would require the same amount of effort to make usable

Yes and no. You're not wrong, but there's some specific designs people have made for 2 horse trailers that I kind of like, plus the construction is generally better on the horse trailers than a used camper.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    speaking of Scottish people i just learned apparently Scots Word of the Day lady has been driven off twitter by concerned unionist men and now i'm displeased with men all over again

What? Noooo

People suck

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    glakit

• Options
    I once drove from Denver to Kansas City. Hadn’t gotten enough sleep, hadn’t anticipated how exhausting it was to drive through the boring ass flatlands. I stopped at a 19 dollar motel. I napped for maybe a couple hours, found roaches, and got back on the road.

• Options
    I need to do some clothes shopping but my hideous unease over my body makes it hard. Dang. I forgot how much this sucked.

• Options
    I once drove from Denver to Kansas City. Hadn’t gotten enough sleep, hadn’t anticipated how exhausting it was to drive through the boring ass flatlands. I stopped at a 19 dollar motel. I napped for maybe a couple hours, found roaches, and got back on the road.

Truly the Kerouac-Hemingway of our time

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »

One of these days I will become cultured enough to understand the shape of your insults and this friendship will be over

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

One of these days I will become cultured enough to understand the shape of your insults and this friendship will be over
    i think he's calling you a misogynist

• Options
    I increasingly have no idea what the NFT crowd are even talking about anymore

Strong vibes of nineties beanie baby enthusiasts selling things to each other for ever increasing amounts of money

This discussion has been closed.