Options

Here are some cool [Wrestling] moves.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I didn't even realize Allison Danger had been hired by them. Was she a coach?

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I didn't even realize Allison Danger had been hired by them. Was she a coach?

She was a coach and she moved from Vegas for the job and caught covid over Xmas from it too.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    They got real jealous of that street fight last week huh?

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hangman Undefeated in 2022!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Ok I was confused at first because I’m a little distracted but Punk forcing MJF to take an L was great.

• Options
    edited January 2022
    That was a brilliant way to do AEWs first DQ

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The Regal firing really hurts.

At least let him say goodbye on NXT, a brand he was such a huge part of.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Graphics team calling out how quick war flow finishes is pretty harsh.

• Options
  • Options
    The crowd went mild for Jade winning

• Options
  • Options
    Yep. I thought that table spot looked rough the first time then caught it on the replay. And they keep fucking showing it.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Happy for Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus, but it’s really muted by Fenix destroying his elbow like that.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    That's not what arms should look like, generally

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    “I didn’t re-sign Big Swole because her wrestling isn’t good enough”

*Inaugural TBS Champ Jade Cargill*

Like what the fuck are we even doing here?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    did they plan to have jurassic express win or was that an audible when fenix snapped his arm?

horrible injury. that's going to take a long time to heal

• Options
    Until the injury that is the kind of match they should have been having in a their title matches instead of the FTR matches. Just a fast paced fun match.

• Options
    I think it was planned because I’m not sure they really had a lot of time to communicate to Penta for him to eat the pin? I dunno. I wish they had gotten to have a better title run, I didn’t mean in length but that would be nice to but I just felt they didn’t get to do a lot as champs.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    That was a brilliant way to do AEWs first DQ

There was a disqualification fall in the Omega/PAC Iron Man, and a double disqualification in the Cutler/Avalon feud.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Jake Atlas has some kind of knee injury at the Rampage taping

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Sounds like people got a little too excited after Wrestle Kingdom and tried to push a little harder than usual.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    They need to stop having MJF promo against Punk.

but why

this is the best material MJF has had to work with since the Cody feud

or are you referring to how the crowd is not sure who to back... because I'm detecting some of that... MJF kind of had to whip them back into line during that segment when they started cheering after he dissed Punk

• Options
    So I guess common sentiment was that Brody King was supposed to debut but it seemed in bad taste with Fenix getting injured

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    God, I kinda wanna know if there was an inciting incident in this HHH/Vince feud, or if in a moment of HHH's weakness Vince decided he just needed to take the whole thing over on his own

I look forward to the eventual inside story of this stuff, knowing that the wrestling industry is as gossipy as it is

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Cello wrote: »
    God, I kinda wanna know if there was an inciting incident in this HHH/Vince feud, or if in a moment of HHH's weakness Vince decided he just needed to take the whole thing over on his own

I look forward to the eventual inside story of this stuff, knowing that the wrestling industry is as gossipy as it is

I assume its where the three prevailing stores are all part of it
    1. Nick Kahn brought in to lean up for a sale and expand their cross media stuff
    2. Johnny Ace, Kevin Dunn and Bruce Pritchard are all trying to diminish HHH's influence so they don't lose their spot when Vince leaves (explicitly with NXT backstage staff being cut along with the indie stars)
    3. And the new story that Freddie Prinze said that a former FOX executive said WWE tried to get FOX to buy them which makes sense with them trying to lean up.

And maybe this means they are going to try to hotshot talent through NXT as a way of cutting costs. HHH being out on medical leave probably sped this stuff up.

EDIT: fixed the Freddie Prinze part.

Also
    Fightful: “Unanimously, the talent and staff familiar with the PC, NXT, and NXT 2.0 have said this is directly to remove numerous Triple H hires” and Bron Breakker kicking the X was not well received backstage and was thought to be “sending a message”

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Malcolm Bivens with a touching memorial to the recently dearly departed

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Regarding yesterday’s NXT releases, Fightful Select reports all the talent & staff they spoke to said the cuts were made to remove Triple H’s people.

Genius-level deduction from the dirtsheets.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    I think part of the motivation is that Vince is 100% upset at the idea of Triple H taking over with a better product. As we've seen with things like the Invasion angle and the continued de-pushing to prevent another Rock leaving for Hollywood situation Vince McMahon will set a giant pile of money on fire to satiate and protect his own ego. He would rather sell a hollowed out company to some asshole who runs it into the ground than be remembered as the guy who was in charge before WWE's programming got good again.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm sure I said it before, but he's 100% getting old enough to finally realize he'll have to, and is expected to, retire and leave the business to Steph and HHH, just like the business was left to him right before his dad died. And fuck that. He'd rather destroy it first and make a little extra cash he will also not give them.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    At this point it’s far more likely it’s left to Nick Khan

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Cello wrote: »

"It all started when Hunter bought me this T-Rex skull for my office. You see, I really, really hate the T-Rex... it's those tiny, puny arms, they just make me sick. And having to look at that and be reminded every day..."

"Now, I couldn't just kick his ass -- he's family! So I just took what he loves most, ripped the guts out of it, extinguished its soul, and snuffed out all his hopes and dreams!"

Interviewer: "And that's why you decided to put the company up for sale?"

"Oh, no, of course not! Ha! I did that just for the money!"

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited January 2022
    It looks like Fenix was rolling to his left and put his arm out to land on it but the second it hits the mat it just gives because he isn't rolling anymore and just falling flat. Death Triangle seems cursed to never be able to operate as a trio.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    The Regal firing really hurts.

At least let him say goodbye on NXT, a brand he was such a huge part of.

Even with the relatively low number of wrestlers I follow on Twitter, my feed reads like he died because almost all of them came up through Regal's NXT.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    This is why I wasn't celebrating HHH having a heart attack or whatever and getting his pet project taken over by Vince and his cronies, because being that spiteful over some parasocial grudge is like celebrating when some new Game of Thrones character comes into power. It's not like WWE's going to shoot give the company over to Mick Foley or something. The new regime is far worse. Just look at how Kevin Dunn's misogyny is effecting the product. As I understand it there is currently nobody exclusively focused on training the women and while they probably could demote Sara Amato to that old position and she would do great I don't think you can look at what they're putting on air on the main roster let alone NXT 2.0 and be 100% certain they're going to give the women they have signed under contract more resources. Kevin Dunn hates wrestling, hates that he couldn't hack it in any other production and hates women. Nick Khan is basically the algorithm that releases a bunch of big stars at the start of a new EWR game. The people who are going to suffer the most in all of this are the talented people who put in years of work who will find their things put in a garbage bag by a billion dollar company.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah I really don't fucking like HHH at all and I think he's a piece of shit but I was absolutely looking forward to him taking over WWE entirely. It would not be good or perfect but it'd be many notches better than the current state of affairs.

I really don't want WWE to go under, I want it to be better, and to push other promotions to be better. Everyone looks at WWE as the bar for whether their promotion treats their talent properly, pushes their women's division properly, and puts on a good show. The lower that bar gets, the less everyone else is driven to excel at those things. On top of all that, the downward pressure of released WWE talent filling the pool is fucking over indy wrestlers looking for their shot. If it folds up, I think that's going to fuck over a lot of people, not just the ones working for WWE at the time.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.