Options

Final Fantasy the 14th: End of the World Starts Now!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Yes, I knew this was coming.

Sapphire Weapon spoilers:

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    You know what they call someone who got a grey parse on UCoB?
    The Legend

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    New album about to drop.

51odmuynt2zl.png

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    You know what they call someone who got a grey parse on UCoB?
    The Legend

Rich Campbell?

• Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    I hit level 10 on my chocobo some time ago, and had a look just now and saw that he hadn't gained any xp since. Some research later, I need a Thavnairian onion for each level of xp from now on - had a look at the MB and holy crap, expensive! 115K is the cheapest. Even seeds for the onions are 95K. Time to investigate gardening.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    I hit level 10 on my chocobo some time ago, and had a look just now and saw that he hadn't gained any xp since. Some research later, I need a Thavnairian onion for each level of xp from now on - had a look at the MB and holy crap, expensive! 115K is the cheapest. Even seeds for the onions are 95K. Time to investigate gardening.

Gardening is definitely not cheaper than buying your onions. I'm not sure what they're going for on my World, but it pays off to shop around on different Worlds and see if someone has them listed cheaper. It may take a few more minutes to find a good deal, though.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

Oh I had one of those in my inventory and had my retainers sell it as part of my "coming back 3 xpacs later and having inventory full of useless crafting mats" purge. I guess I should have paid better attention to what it was for

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »

Gardening is definitely not cheaper than buying your onions. I'm not sure what they're going for on my World, but it pays off to shop around on different Worlds and see if someone has them listed cheaper. It may take a few more minutes to find a good deal, though.

I've never ventured off my own world, this will be a good reason to have a look at that.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    yeah the fact that you can buy off the marketboards of other worlds is still pretty wild to me

i can't remember what any of their urls are, but there's sites that try and monitor the marketboards of each server cluster and tell you what the cheapest server for an item is (with the catch that of course, they cannot be real-time things)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    The FC I am in has a bot on the discord that I guess uses one of those sites.

So it might be worth checking your FCs discord to see if they have a similar bot.

• Options

Later on, that's not too terrible a price. Chocobos don't really matter all that much except for speeding up FATES.

• Options

Later on, that's not too terrible a price. Chocobos don't really matter all that much except for speeding up FATES.

But it's a bar that isn't filled up!

• Options
    But it's a bar that isn't filled up!

Oh no! My only weakness!

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    There are a few quests out in the world that offer one as a reward. I know one of them is somewhere in the Dravanian Hinterlands…

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    The other starts in the Jeweled Crozier.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited November 2021
    Is it possible to re-do the Sapphire Weapon fight?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    For funsies? I believe all the werlyt quests are available through NG+

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    If you are a member of GHOST then you can buy an onion from the FC at half market board value.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    I've done some world hopping this afternoon, and for the first time I'm spending some money on minions and orchestration rolls, because the prices on some worlds are just so much lower than on mine. I'll definitely be world hopping in future for anything expensive. The site @admanb linked above seems to be mostly correct, but occasionally it's off by a lot. In which case I just jumped around and found the cheapest in my datacentre. Very useful nonetheless.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    narrowed down my MSQ glam choices

9vv2d75uyd0z.png

nfftuh24nfdc.png

• Options
    Graduated to Dwarven Mythril Files leves today, the great serpent approves! Skreeeee!
    be6pz8actw64.png

• Options
    edited November 2021
    Currently limited by poetics for buying umbrite for the whatever step after the hyperconductive weapon. I need to support my crystal sand habit!

Echo on
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I got the Aiming chestpiece from Grand Cosmos so obviously it was time to whip up a new BRD glam.

That's me on the left.

osn64do542yd.png

Echo on
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Currently limited by poetics for buying umbrite for the whatever step after the Atma weapon. I need to support my crystal sand habit!

Doing Eureka alongside Anima weapons is a good move, Eureka drowns you in Poetics.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Hello nerds. I've been playing this a few months now and it's not that I haven't wanted to talk about the game but I have mostly been in its clutches and would rather play than post. But I am most of the way through Shadowbringers now so who knows maybe I'll have slightly more free time. Anyway I have been called by the siren song of glamour.

White Mage
    sQXngkC.jpg

I have a very large assortment of healer gear in my glamour chest but unfortunately I can't use any of it on White Mage because this outfit is perfect. You can't be a white mage without this color scheme and this comfy hood. My first time through every piece of content is on White Mage (except that one time I did a couple of dungeons and a trial as Dragoon in Heavensward for some raisin) so this is very much the canon appearance of the Warrior of Light and will never change unless I decide to wear a different pair of boots

Warrior
    sVep3Ov.jpg

I wanted to wear pants. Shirt and boots go with them better than anything else I have. I don't think I will ever change the axe out for anything else.

Red Mage
    vzaFFiL.jpg

One of my favorite shirts. People who did not choose Maelstrom made a horrible mistake. I would use the boots in a lot of other outfits if I could, most likely.

Dragoon
    MVPV4sR.jpg

The cape has a tail slot! It is very hard to replace it. There are some cool spears out there but they are not halberds so this is also hard to replace.

Astrologian
    qtFdNY2.jpg

My favorite pants. I started power leveling Astrologian when they dropped so I could wear them.

Crafters
    OVy1Wmt.jpg

Quan Quan Quan Quan

Gatherers
    RT3iAJH.jpg

ayyyyyy

• Options
    Nice stuff, I really like the white and red mages, and your crafters/gatherers. Now I'm getting some of my crafters to max it's causing me a lot of grief that I just don't have enough glam slots for them all to have a separate look.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I have Alisae's RDM weap now in my Chocobo bank. Now to find a proper glam for it.

Also @Evermourn the site should tell you the last scan time, which is why there's some discrepancy in prices. It's not 'Live'.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Hello nerds. I've been playing this a few months now and it's not that I haven't wanted to talk about the game but I have mostly been in its clutches and would rather play than post. But I am most of the way through Shadowbringers now so who knows maybe I'll have slightly more free time. Anyway I have been called by the siren song of glamour.

White Mage
    sQXngkC.jpg

I have a very large assortment of healer gear in my glamour chest but unfortunately I can't use any of it on White Mage because this outfit is perfect. You can't be a white mage without this color scheme and this comfy hood. My first time through every piece of content is on White Mage (except that one time I did a couple of dungeons and a trial as Dragoon in Heavensward for some raisin) so this is very much the canon appearance of the Warrior of Light and will never change unless I decide to wear a different pair of boots

Warrior
    sVep3Ov.jpg

I wanted to wear pants. Shirt and boots go with them better than anything else I have. I don't think I will ever change the axe out for anything else.

Red Mage
    vzaFFiL.jpg

One of my favorite shirts. People who did not choose Maelstrom made a horrible mistake. I would use the boots in a lot of other outfits if I could, most likely.

Dragoon
    MVPV4sR.jpg

The cape has a tail slot! It is very hard to replace it. There are some cool spears out there but they are not halberds so this is also hard to replace.

Astrologian
    qtFdNY2.jpg

My favorite pants. I started power leveling Astrologian when they dropped so I could wear them.

Crafters
    OVy1Wmt.jpg

Quan Quan Quan Quan

Gatherers
    RT3iAJH.jpg

ayyyyyy

I am the same way with white mage lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Is allisae pulling a magic sword out supposed to be her swapping to red mage?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    red mage was added in stormblood so it was a bit of a conceptual teaser for that yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    they tease future content toward the end of an expansion often, like when you finally see yugiri's face shortly before heavensward added au ra officially (one holdover of this is every time she appears in an ARR cutscene, she's using the miqote skeleton and animation set - the biggest giveaway is her tail)

similarly meeting fran in the ivalice raids before shadowbringers added viera

• Options
    I kind of guessed that's what was happening. Introducing the samurai character was just way more in my face about it so I wasn't sure

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    they tease future content toward the end of an expansion often, like when you finally see yugiri's face shortly before heavensward added au ra officially (one holdover of this is every time she appears in an ARR cutscene, she's using the miqote skeleton and animation set - the biggest giveaway is her tail)

Didn't they also tease ninja being a job with her?

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

Didn't they also tease ninja being a job with her?

yes but ninja actually got patched in before heavensward so that's a weird edge case

• Options
    That's one more relic stage done.
    4mrrnzaxw741.jpg

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I got the Aiming chestpiece from Grand Cosmos so obviously it was time to whip up a new BRD glam.

That's me on the left.

I appreciate you qualify you are not, in fact, the goose.

• Options
    I make no claims about not being silly though.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I kind of guessed that's what was happening. Introducing the samurai character was just way more in my face about it so I wasn't sure

And Lyse became a Dancer about.......halfway through Stormblood?

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lyse is not a dancer. That was an unfortunate issue of ambiguous clothing style.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
This discussion has been closed.