Options

Flaming Table [chat]

1919293949597»

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »
    My Australian mom always said she encountered more poisonous animals in North Carolina than she ever did in Australia 😇

i'm not going to be a pedant (yes I am) but I do actually think that north america has a relatively similar amount of dangerous (in terms of venomous and large and dangerous animals) as Australia tbh

the part about being a pedant is that you meant venomous, not poisonou - *is strangled by garrote wire*

My disbelief mounted with each word of the first paragraph, especially when you just said venomous without correcting him

Don’t do that to me

• Options
    PS I can’t speculate as to whether I’m a breakthrough case because I can’t tell if I can smell because I can only breathe through my mouth 😭

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    What about taste, Chu?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    PS I can’t speculate as to whether I’m a breakthrough case because I can’t tell if I can smell because I can only breathe through my mouth 😭

wow how come you got covid you don't work at kroger any more!!!!

*ignores all of 'chu's posts about his roommates*

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Hard choice tonight: do I go to the gym tonight after work and become strong and powerful, or do I not go to the gym and become weak like baby?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Hard choice tonight: do I go to the gym tonight after work and become strong and powerful, or do I not go to the gym and become weak like baby?

dont make me get tyrannus in here

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    What about taste, Chu?

can't taste through his nose either

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

counterpoint:

ez choice

babies get waited on hand and foot and everyone listens when they scream

• Options
    I vote for gym, but to make my bias clear I'm currently in the gym with my heavily bruised knee, arm, and possibly broken hand still working out because I'm an idiot.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

Both are equivalent in the eyes of an uncaring universe.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    My Australian mom always said she encountered more poisonous animals in North Carolina than she ever did in Australia 😇

i'm not going to be a pedant (yes I am) but I do actually think that north america has a relatively similar amount of dangerous (in terms of venomous and large and dangerous animals) as Australia tbh

the part about being a pedant is that you meant venomous, not poisonou - *is strangled by garrote wire*

I’m just bemused when I hear how often it is, apparently, dangerous to live in Australia

Like it’s often the only thing people know about it!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    What if your universe only cares about gains?

• Options
    My taste seems fine

I still think Chronicles of Riddick is a better space opera than Return of the Jedi, for instance

• Options
    Yeah I’m still at (some) risk because I live with anti-vaxxers. I don’t really hang out with them, for obvious reasons. But it’s frustrating that even as I wfh, the transmissibility in my environment is somewhat out of my hands.

• Options
    My taste seems fine

I still think Chronicles of Riddick is a better space opera than Return of the Jedi, for instance

The Riddick trilogy are the only films that I own on physical media, got the blu-ray set.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021

OTOH who cares what the prick universe thinks, get jacked and dunk on the stupid universe's dumb existence.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I was looking at the (minimal) data on infection rates in boosted people and it was reassuring. Seems incredibly uncommon. Maybe I’m just feeling fatalistic because I’m so unhappy with my living arrangement.

• Options
    My taste seems fine

this got a very hearty chuckle out of me in my office

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

counterpoint:

ez choice

babies get waited on hand and foot and everyone listens when they scream

While being weak as a baby, I will continue to lack the other qualities that tend to benefit babies

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

I’m just bemused when I hear how often it is, apparently, dangerous to live in Australia

Our big deadly animals are like bears.

Not giant scary ass spiders.

Just ignore like all the snakes and stuff.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

i'd just be scared all the time i'd forget to put on my velcro shoes and fall off

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

OTOH who cares what the prick universe thinks, get jacked and dunk on the stupid universe's dumb existence.

By lifting more, therefore converting more matter to energy, you're contributing to net entropy! Lift, lift for the heat death of the universe!

• Options
    While it’s true that I don’t know anything about Australia, I think it’s probably similarly true that I know nothing about South America

I’m an equal opportunity ignoramus

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Makes sense, really. They'd get realistic gravity.

• Options
    I don't have the energy to do the per-capita transformation but

between 1991-2001 (10 years) 1,943 people in the USA were killed by some kind of animal

between 2001-2017 (16 years) 541 people were killed in Australia by some kind of animal

Feels like the good 'ol US of A might be winning here, even if I adjust for population size

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I stared work at 530a, which sucks, but now I am done for the day??

*struts around the house blowing noisemakers*

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

between 1991-2001 (10 years) 1,943 people in the USA were killed by some kind of animal

between 2001-2017 (16 years) 541 people were killed in Australia by some kind of animal

Feels like the good 'ol US of A might be winning here, even if I adjust for population size

Australia is about 25-26 million people.

US is about 340 million people.

So incident per 1000 might be a better measure.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

arch...

The US has over 10x the amount of people that Australia does.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Makes sense, really. They'd get realistic gravity.

Stanley Kubrick was a perfectionist

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular

when's dinner, I'm hungry

this floor needs vacuuming

where are my new library books

• Options
    what part of "i am too lazy to do the rest of the math" was unclear

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    There's absolutely as much shit in the US that could probably kill you, but the stuff in Australia is a lot scarier

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options

I am not working today because I’m still miserably sick

But any of my troublesome holdover-guilt and anxiety from years of retail is minimized by aws being broken and half my company not doing much today

This discussion has been closed.