Options

🖥️🎮 Yeah Yeah Beebiss II, The Waylanders & Devil Spire out today!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited February 2022 in Social Entropy++
As we draw to a close...

20211213 Love Notes (Simulation Dating Sim Visual Novel 2D Indie )
20211213 Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon (Adventure Action Dungeon Crawler Puzzle )
20211210 Wrought Flesh (Action RPG Exploration 3D First-Person )
20211210 Retired Men's Nude Beach Volleyball League (Interactive Fiction Emotional Sports 2D Cute )
20211209 Buffet Knight
20211209 Breakwaters (Action-Adventure Online Co-Op Survival 3D)
20211209 Wytchwood (Story Rich RPG Investigation Crafting 2D )
20211209 After the Fall® - Launch Edition (Action Adventure Gore VR Co-op FPS )
20211209 STUFFED EA (Action Indie FPS Family Friendly Shooter)
20211209 Halo Infinite (Left Trigger Right Trigger Shooter Halo)
20211208 Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX (Simulation RPG Fantasy Anime Singleplayer Monsters Rule)
20211208 Sam & Max: Beyond Time and Space (Adventure Point & Click Puzzle 3D Cartoony )
20211207 Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (Online MMO Fantasy )
20211207 White Shadows (Puzzle Adventure Atmospheric Story Rich)
20211207 Rune Factory 4 Special (RPG Adventure Farming Sim Romance 3D )
20211207 Thunder Tier One (Online Co-Op Top-Down Shooter Tactical Co-op )
20211207 Wolfstride (Action Combat Anime Mechs Strategy 2D )
20211207 Space Warlord Organ Trading Simulator (Simulation Strategy Space Trading Moddable )
20211207 Heavenly Bodies (Physics Adventure Difficult Simulation Space )
20211206 Stellar Monarch 2 EA (Strategy 4X Grand Strategy Sci-fi Space )
20211206 Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice (Strategy Real Time Tactics Action Adventure)
20211206 This is the President (Adventure Strategy Grand Strategy Visual Novel)
20211204 ICARUS (Open World Survival Craft Survival Online Co-Op)
20211203 Warcos EA (Action Shooter FPS First-Person Realistic )
20211203 CHORVS (Action Adventure Indie Sci-fi Singleplayer)
20211203 Gardenia (Funny Singleplayer Adventure 3D Nature )
20211203 The Captain (Adventure Point & Click Space Sim Exploration)
20211203 Happy's Humble Burger Farm (Horror First-Person Atmospheric Dark Humor)
20211202 Mechajammer (Sci-fi Tactical Singleplayer Atmospheric CRPG)
20211202 Solar Ash (Action Adventure Sci Fi Skates)
20211202 Imprisoned Hyperion (First-Person Survival Immersive Sim RPG 3D )
20211202 Unplugged (Casual Rhythm VR 1980s 1990's Arcade)
20211202 ANVIL (Action Roguelike Top-Down Shooter Online Co-Op)
20211202 kickball kung fu (Indie Sports Action 2D Multiplayer Fighting)
20211202 Fights in Tight Spaces (Strategy Action Deckbuilding Turn-Based Tactics )
20211202 Rubber Bandits (Funny Casual Physics Beat 'em up Heist)
20211202 ArchVale (Action Adventure Bullet Hell Action RPG 2D )
20211201 Propnight (Action 3D First-Person Horror Survival Horror )
20211201 Forsaken Portals EA (Early Access Adventure Space Sci-fi 3D )
20211201 Wartales (RPG Open World Adventure Medieval Indie)

DJ Eebs on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    There's really one more week of indie releases, but then that's pretty much a wrap for 2021!

My games of 2021:

I played uh... the Ascent? It was largely forgettable.

Built a lot of stuff in Talespire. That was great! Not really a game though.

Played a ton of mobile slay the spire. Still good for a train or bus ride.

Oh I spent a lovely evening playing Behind the Frame with my wife.

Also has a really emotionally raw time with Adios.

More Borderlands 3 than I'd like to admit.

Honestly trying to remember what else I even had time for. Barely touched Eastward/Solar Ash/Death's Door/Garden story/Minute of Islands/Nykra.

Brolo on
  • Options

DECISION.ANNOUNCEF SEC.TWEET.LVL.4.ACCESS<273.32
    CALL DECISION.ANNOUNCE @ ADDRESS.RTF.236
    WAIT-4.5 WHERE UNIT=MINUTES
    IF "NO RESPONSE" GOTO F1,29032
    WHILE ENTRY=^M CALL READ.ANNOUNCE @ ADDRESS.DHW.329
    CALL LOGIC.DEMO. @ ADDRESS.STEAM
    PROCEED
    ELSE CALL NORMAL. CITADEL

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Rolo omg you can’t rule the games thread while only playing borderlands 3 over and over

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    Rolo omg you can’t rule the games thread while only playing borderlands 3 over and over

a true Gamer is willing to make themselves absolutely miserable by only playing things that are endlessly familiar to the point of tedium and then complain that new experiences aren't familiar enough

by the way Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is coming soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-RAqyHU48M

it's like borderlands 3 but it's a standalone game like borderlands 1.5 but it's an extension of the dlc from borderlands 2

i hope they let me spend weeks farming for the same items i farmed for 10 years ago

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    In gaming backlog news, because Homeworld 3 has been announced I'm starting my playthrough of the current Homeworld games.

Starting with:

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak.

I am not good at RTSs so I may end up smashing through this on easy.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8KCYvl0TWg A 3D Fantasy Kingdom Sim driven by intelligent characters with a rich simulation of opinions and memories. Build, Craft, Farm, Mine, Hunt, Defend, and more! Command from the sky or take control in third person as your story goes where the people, your actions, and their reactions take it.
    20211214 Noble Fates EA (Early Access Colony Sim Base Building Survival )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhiIV0vC3fI Take on the role of a young rescue officer starting her career. Armed with a trusty axe and high-pressure fire hose that also acts like a jetpack, Firegirl responds to emergency calls across the city. Can Firegirl save all the trapped civilians caught in each blaze?
    20211214 Firegirl: Hack 'n Splash Rescue (Roguelike Platformer Procedural Generation 2D )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar-3HnFwf9I Phoenix Hope is a pixel art 2D real-time, side-view strategy game in which you must develop your colony during the day and repel waves of monsters at night.
    20211214 Phoenix Hope (Simulation Strategy Indie Pixel Graphics 2D )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inljkw6DkOg One Hand Clapping is a vocal 2D platformer. Solve puzzles, by singing or humming into your microphone, and find confidence in the power of your voice as it changes the world around you.
    20211214 One Hand Clapping (Adventure Indie Early Access Music Casual)

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2021

December 15

Among Us (Cloud) ID@Xbox – Coming soon to Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) with Game Pass Ultimate! Play with four to 15 players online or via local Wi-Fi as you attempt to prepare your spaceship for departure. But beware, as one or more random players among the crew are Impostors bent on killing everyone!

December 16

Ben 10: Power Trip (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Evil Hex has cursed Europe – and only Ben 10 can stop him! Explore a 3D world filled with combat, puzzles, and secrets as you save the day.

Broken Age (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Broken Age is a family friendly, hand-animated adventure game with an all-star cast, including Elijah Wood, Jack Black, and Masasa Moyo. Funded by a record-breaking crowdfunding campaign and designed by industry legend Tim Schafer, Broken Age is a timeless coming-of-age story.

Firewatch (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Firewatch is a single-player, first-person mystery set in the Wyoming wilderness, where your only emotional lifeline is the person on the other end of a handheld radio. Perched high atop a mountain, it’s your job to look for smoke and keep the wilderness safe. You’ll explore a wild and unknown environment, facing questions and making choices that can build or destroy the only meaningful relationship you have.

The Gunk (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Available on day one with Xbox Game Pass: The Gunk stars a duo of gritty space haulers, struggling to make a buck as they chance upon an untouched planet brimming with life. They’ve come to gather alien plants and other valuable resources, and it looks like they’ve hit the jackpot. Ultimate members can play The Gunk with Xbox Touch Controls on day one with Cloud Gaming, no controller needed!

Lake (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – It’s 1986—Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It’s up to you.

Mortal Kombat 11 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, providing a deeper and more personalized experience than ever before with an all-new Custom Character Variation System that gives players the creative control to customize versions of the entire character roster. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat 11 introduces a new cinematic story continuing the epic saga that is more than 25 years in the making.

PAW Patrol: Mighty Pups Save Adventure Bay (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A fallen meteor has given the pups mighty powers—and left Adventure Bay in a mighty mess. Now, it’s up to you and the Pups to use their powers, rescue skills and gadgets to make the town PAWsome again!

Race With Ryan (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Take the wheel as Ryan and all your favorite Ryan’s World friends, including Combo Panda and Mo! Race your way to the top in Career Mode or speed past your friends in two- to four-player split-screen races, the fun keeps coming. Will you be first across the finish line?

Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth (Cloud, Console, and PC) ID@Xbox – Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth is a 2D action-exploration Metroidvania-style game developed under the close supervision of original creator Ryo Mizuno, depicting the previously unknown story of Deedlit and the events leading up to Record of Lodoss War: Diadem of the Covenant. Both fans of Record of Lodoss War and all-new players alike can fully enjoy this latest installment in the series.

Transformers: Battlegrounds (Cloud, Console, and PC) – With Earth under invasion and Megatron, leader of the Decepticons, close to capturing The Allspark, Bumblebee and the Autobots need a new commander to help them restore peace to the universe – you!

Brolo on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Hey that's my wallet near the end!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    THE GUNK

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Finally the question can be answered: What is Firewatch?

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

Well it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    It's a MOBA.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    it's a documentary, and the events happen in real time

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Hey that's my wallet near the end!

You should ask for it back

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It's a MOBA.

Oh, you mean a Lords Management game.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Finished Halo Infinite the other night and some random unsorted story thoughts.
    the In Media Res stuff felt a little off to the point where I kinda want to go through the early bits again with the knowledge that MC is supposed to know more about what's happened than the player.

Cortana, fucking up so bad that she needs to sacrifice herself to ruin an even worse plan is not a redemptive arc.

That said the Weapon stuff actually hit well for me. Combining my love of AI bullshit and the "you're a copy of a complete monster who wants to do some good" in a weirdly satisfying way.

Atriox did nothing wrong*
    *he was absolutely about to do a wrong but got stopped. The thing he does in the epilogue probably isn't good but the data files thus far give every indication that the Endless' only crime was being something the forerunner AI's couldn't control

(Seriously going off his Halo Wars 2 appearance he's probably done less horrible shit than some of the series' playable characters.)

I like that there's a regular human character, who doesn't die, even.

ILU Glibnub the propoganda grunt.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

It's a good time, is what it is !

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    It's a MOBA.

Oh, you mean a Lords Management game.
    Moba is such a terrible term.

Multiplayer Only Single Unit Real Time Strategy

Mosurts

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Idk what it is about the new AI in Halo but I find her animations incredibly offputting. Like in the beginning her face is a horror show, to me. She's trying to do a cute face and I had like a visceral uncanny valley reaction to it. It's something about how her lips move, i'm not sure.

• Options

Now that we've shipped #SolarAsh, we're hiring for new, upcoming exciting project(s)!

Check out our roles + apply here: https://t.co/lYK8w0UcLB

#hiring #nowhiring #gamedevjobs https://t.co/keozF7MoJI

• Options

❗️Inscryption: Kaycee's Mod❗️
    A free mini-expansion for Inscryption that hacks Leshy’s Cabin into an endless, and increasingly challenging, roguelike.

WANTED: Beta Testers 📜
    More info here 👉 https://t.co/ohMNIFpK6F https://t.co/c7sfQHHNFi

• Options
    Kaycee's mod

has got it going on

• Options
    omg it's everything i wanted at the end of inscryption

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Kaycee's mod

has got it going on
    cursedking wrote: »
    omg it's everything i wanted

And I've waited for so long

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Ooooh, Praey for the Gods released today!

https://youtu.be/4ft-1WZx9ns

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Shit, I thought this was already out. Forgot entirely about it.

I bet Zenimax did too after they C&D'd them for the name.

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »

It's been in early access for awhile, like two years or something.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Note the games leaving on the 31st:
    • Pro Evolution Soccer 2021 (Cloud and Console)
    • The Little Acre (Cloud and Console)
    • Yakuza 0 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Yakuza Kiwami 1 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
    • Yakuza Kiwami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I have Y0, 1, and 2 on Steam, but I hadn't bought 3-6 there yet because they were on Game Pass. Looks like I need to hurry the fuck up and play all of those because I don't think think 3-6 will be on Game Pass much longer.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

It looks like Shadows of the Colossus.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

It looks like Shadows of the Colossus.

Yeah, it's basically that plus some winter survival elements. There's some smaller enemies as well, it's not just fighting colossi (though it's mainly about that)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021

man they did no promotion for this at all, which is especially weird since they're partnered with Sony

even a few weeks of tweets and a new trailer or two would have generated so much more interest in this game

now I'm just looking at people replying to their announcement who are confused as to which platform it's actually launching on

sometimes you just run out of time/money and need to just move on from your project, but unless the situation is that desperate I just don't see much good coming out of a surprise launch this late in the year

hopefully it works out well for them

Brolo on
  • Options

man they did no promotion for this at all, which is especially weird since they're partnered with Sony

even a few weeks of tweets and a new trailer or two would have generated so much more interest in this game

now I'm just looking at people replying to their announcement who are confused as to which platform it's actually launching on

sometimes you just run out of time/money and need to just move on from your project, but unless the situation is that desperate I just don't see much good coming out of a surprise launch this late in the year

They were hoping for a release early this year (late last year?) but the dev team is only 3 people and one of them had some sort of family tragedy that set everything back by months. I also hope everything works out for them, their Discord server was really friendly and welcoming and they were all super nice

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Oh shit yes, The Lake coming to Gamepass?

I'm gonna give it a try as soon as I'm done with Mad Max

• Options

They were hoping for a release early this year (late last year?) but the dev team is only 3 people and one of them had some sort of family tragedy that set everything back by months. I also hope everything works out for them, their Discord server was really friendly and welcoming and they were all super nice

yeah really I'm more puzzled from Sony's side, where they clearly have a giant marketing team and a good reason to try and push this thing

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Spent 3 hours dragging this shitsled trailer across two maps for a measly $10k reward. They added photo mode at least.

0IPfyg9.png

• Options
    edited December 2021
    There's really one more week of indie releases, but then that's pretty much a wrap for 2021!

My games of 2021:

I played uh... the Ascent? It was largely forgettable.

Built a lot of stuff in Talespire. That was great! Not really a game though.

Played a ton of mobile slay the spire. Still good for a train or bus ride.

Oh I spent a lovely evening playing Behind the Frame with my wife.

Also has a really emotionally raw time with Adios.

More Borderlands 3 than I'd like to admit.

Honestly trying to remember what else I even had time for. Barely touched Eastward/Solar Ash/Death's Door/Garden story/Minute of Islands/Nykra.

Oh almost forgot Unpacking!

Probably my favorite experience this year. What a neat concept to tell a story almost entirely through environmental storytelling.

And Backbone, which I felt was a little unfinished from a polish/mechanics perspective but really appreciated the vignettes and the invisible artwork.

What does everyone else's end of year lists look like?

Brolo on
  • Options

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has an expansion, out now, nearly ten years after the original's release - https://t.co/Y22CGxCauk https://t.co/dc2AG0MnDj

whosmt amongst've y'all asked for Kingdoms of Amalur

This discussion has been closed.